Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Rednax's Maps - New Maps 7/6/18

Rednax's Maps

Bridge May Be Icy

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 TT, 1 RttFF
Glyphs: Wannok, Valda
Notes: Normal Snow, Normal Ice

Jungle Fever

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 VW, 1 TJ
Glyphs: Dagmar, Valda

Double Crosser

Requirements: 1 SotM, 2 RttFF
Glyphs: 2 Wannok

Marshall Law

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 TJ
Glyphs: Wannok, Dagmar

Everglades and Evergreens

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 RttFF
Notes: For construction of this map, it is recommended that the Hive be pointed inward as shown in the picture.

Bogged Down

Torch

Requirements: 1 BftU, 1 VW, 1 FotA
Glyphs: Wannok, Valda
Notes: Built for Darkmage7a's Map Building Challenge

Fort Ticalla

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 TJ
Glyph: Wannok

Atlaga's Grove

The Ash Grove

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 VW, 1 RttFF
Glyphs: Attack

Fyorlag Swamp

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 TJ
Glyphs: Astrid

Older Stuff
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by rednax; October 21st, 2018 at 12:55 AM.
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Rednax's Maps

Hey rednax,
I'm looking forward to checking out some of your maps, but...
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:27 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Agreed.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Hey rednax,
I'm looking forward to checking out some of your maps, but...
Spoiler Alert!
I'm sorry, about that. It's pretty stupid posting a thread with no maps in it in the Maps and Scenarios section, but unfortunately, I don't have any pictures at the moment. I'll work on getting some pics up as soon as I can. Again, any criticism or suggestions are appreciated.
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Got pictures! Yay!

Last edited by rednax; September 17th, 2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Hello, all. I just joined Mediafire today, and am still getting used to the system. I have made over 100 maps, but I'll start this thread off with only the maps that I've played games on before and one other, that I can only assume would play like the original.

My first map is called Tri Jungles. It is a 3-player map that utilizes one SotM and 1 TJ. Besides the variations in starting zones (some are mostly sand, some are half rock, etc.), it is exactly symmetrical. I've played two games on it, and neither of the games seemed to favor any specific unit or player. Action spread over most of the map, whether it be the starting zones, the hill in the middle, or the surrounding area of the hill. Here's the download.

The second map is a re-make of a classic: Highways and Dieways. If it's done before, forgive me, I just wanted to share my version of it. This map utilizes 1 RotV and 3 RttFF (mostly for line of sight blockers). Here's the download.

Any suggestions and criticism is welcome. Compliments are welcome, too!

Hope you all like my maps. I'll updating this thread pretty consistently, as soon as I feel I've playtested a map well enough. Thanks for checking!

~Rednax
Looking forward to more of your maps, I just think if you use jungle on a field it should be as packed as possible which may mean you will need to use another jungle set.

~Knight of Feylund

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Feylund View Post
Looking forward to more of your maps, I just think if you use jungle on a field it should be as packed as possible which may mean you will need to use another jungle set.

~Knight of Feylund
Though your suggestion is welcome (and the only suggestion, so far) I actually feel the opposite. Jungle should be spread out more, to provide extra defense to the maximum number of spaces. However, compacted Jungle probably looks more like a Jungle, and can be fun for a little bit of variety occasionally.
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:

~Knight of Feylund
Though your suggestion is welcome (and the only suggestion, so far) I actually feel the opposite. Jungle should be spread out more, to provide extra defense to the maximum number of spaces. However, compacted Jungle probably looks more like a Jungle, and can be fun for a little bit of variety occasionally.
That's true, but it should also be used as a sight blocker so that range cannot fire at your figures in the first place. It can also be used so that movement is made harder which adds another aspect to the game.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

~Knight of Feylund
That's true, but it should also be used as a sight blocker so that range cannot fire at your figures in the first place. It can also be used so that movement is made harder which adds another aspect to the game.
That's true, too, but the Jungle had to be spread out for a few reasons, besides the one stated above:

1. It couldn't be next to the highest ground. Really high ground and another extra defense die at that, is simply too good a boost.

2. It couldn't be next to glyphs. Glyphs should simply be hard to hold!

And, I updated the first post with pictures, and placed it in a nicer format, to make it easier to read.

~Rednax
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

~Knight of Feylund
That's true, too, but the Jungle had to be spread out for a few reasons, besides the one stated above:

1. It couldn't be next to the highest ground. Really high ground and another extra defense die at that, is simply too good a boost.

2. It couldn't be next to glyphs. Glyphs should simply be hard to hold!

And, I updated the first post with pictures, and placed it in a nicer format, to make it easier to read.

~Rednax
That's true but I didn't mean all of the jungle would be in a big blob, I meant that the jungle would be in groups of 2 or 3, but the field would need another jungle set.

I saw your other map too, I think it's very well built and I love the aspect of a big area of path.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
That's true but I didn't mean all of the jungle would be in a big blob, I meant that the jungle would be in groups of 2 or 3, but the field would need another jungle set.

I saw your other map too, I think it's very well built and I love the aspect of a big area of path.
I'm going to stop debating this, so I can get some more opinions on this thread. I'll try to get some games in, soon, on some other maps, so I can post them up, too.
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:24 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'll updating this thread pretty consistently, as soon as I feel I've playtested a map well enough.
You nailed it. That's the absolute key to creating really great maps. I know a few 'Scapers out there who post maps that they haven't even constructed in real life, let alone played on. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, Rednax.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios