Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Pics of DnD Heroscape

That I'm not sure about. Before the last few days, I never spent much time looking at D&D minis, except for the larger monsters. A common viking squad would be awesome, though.

I may have to work on that. But I have another set I'm working on with my son first...
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:41 PM

panheadman1995 is surprisingly tart

AWESOME!
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

A curiosity question about the new master set. Will the new elf and dwarf units be from the same home world as the existing elf and dwarf units? If from different worlds it makes me wonder if we will have some green orcs that come from a non-Grut world.
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:17 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

My guess is that they will be from whatever campaign world is now the default world in 4th Edition D&D.

My prediction is that I'll have no problems whatsoever with that.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; August 16th, 2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
My guess is that they will be from whatever campaign world is now the default world in D&D.

My prediction is that many others will, if your guess is right.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2009, 11:25 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Though you gotta admit, as non-DnDish as it would be, more Vikings would be pretty sweet. I mean if you were looking at just RotV, you'd think Vikings were a major theme in this game. Where have all the Vikings gone?
You know, I've wondered about that, too. Especially since the whole Valhalla and kyrie (Valkyries) thing is based on Viking/Norse mythology.

But I'm not so sure Vikings aren't D&D. I haven't played D&D in probably 20 years, but I'm pretty sure Vikings are part of it. So even if they go full-on only D&D (which I'm also not hoping for), that won't necessarily rule out more vikings.
While I am sure that the DnD branding will bring some genre elements to the table, there is really no reason at all to beleive that ANYTHING is 'not DnD'.

DnD is built off the concept that pretty much anything is possible, so really it makes alot of sense to combine that with the multi-genre figure lineup that is the basis for scape.

One thing I think people really need to fully understand is that D&D is not a 'world' or really anything other then a ruleset. Within that ruleset is a limitless supply of worlds and settings. Granted, many of those are skewed towards the traditional fantasy genre, but there is nothing inherent in the branding of D&D that needs to limit anything at all.

That being said, if they only ever plan on using the DnD Minis going forward, then there will be some limitations on what would be available. I guess only time will tell. However, one thing I mentioned previously in another thread, is that if they are planning on sticking to the squad format of having 3-4 unique sculpts in a squad, then they will run out of viable squad options in the DnD Mini line VERY fast. The line is so varied in what is available that there just isn't enough 'copies' of the same type of creature to support that format. So either they will need to use duplicate sculpts, or (and this is personally what I think they will do) they will suppliment the releases as much as they can with the existing minis, but will fire up new molds when needed to fill in the blanks and/or provide minis that are not currently covered by the DnD Mini Lineup.
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:25 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
My guess is that they will be from whatever campaign world is now the default world in D&D.

My other prediction is that I'll reply to those people with, "What? Orcs and dragons can't come from more than one planet?"
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:31 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My other prediction is that I'll reply to those people with, "What? Orcs and dragons can't come from more than one planet?"
Stupid V Bulletin...

I...uhhh...yeah, okay. I'm done. I will like it, others will not, the game will go on in a certain direction. People will be affected in some way. We all will play with the figures that make us happy. The End.

Old August 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart

I really wish we were getting another massively evil monster instead of the dragon. I know it's dungeons and dragons, so you can't NOT have a dragon, but I think it would be cooler to have a giant gelatinous cube. Or something.

Maybe if the Dragon is a common hero, then I'd be fine with it's lame sizing.

2013, Still alive.
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

I think if they did come from the same world, people would have a problem with that as well, because they won't look exactly the same. I don't think there's a way to make everyone happy.
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
My guess is that they will be from whatever campaign world is now the default world in 4th Edition D&D.

The current default setting is a vague points-of-light setting. This vague world doesn't even have a name. The term Underdark is a Forgotten Realms term so I assume that will be the home world for everyone in the set.
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:26 PM

Dragonranger Woo who?

So then it's safe to assume all the figures in this set SHOULD be noted as coming from Faerun, or it's environs.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News