Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old October 26th, 2007, 09:15 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I couldn't beat Krug and Q9 together with Hulk, and I had an extra 70 points there.
Maybe I just have too much luck with the 300+ people.
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:58 PM

aerofool Woo who?
If anyone read the Hulk article in the designers section of the HS web site it is mentionned that he is intended to be equal to the same number of points worth of common squads.

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:07 PM

cabbageheat is surprisingly tart
Re: Marvel Heroscape First Impressions

Well, here is my first impression, being new to Heroscape just in general, but receiving a copy of Marvelscape just yesterday.

Though I think the scenarios are great, and the choices of heroes this round pretty spot on, there was only one thing that puzzled me, even before I got into the game. It was the amount of pieces available to play on.

Why were there just a few road/asphalt pieces for this set? If you didn't own any additional heroscape products, you could barely build a suitable battlefield for these incredibly powerful characters. That was the only thing that bugged me. I kept wondering why they never bothered to put a 24 hex asphalt/road or even grass for that matter in the set, to provide at best, more options, but if you knew nothing of Heroscape, and this is your first set, you are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to "building your own battlefield".

So, though I love the "quests" and the hero selection, I found it to be a weak "Master Set" due to such limited tile pieces. It almost strong arms you into buying another set, just to have more options, and even then, you're not getting much. . .

It will definitely be played in this house, and I will possibly by another one, when the prices drops, but after having been exposed to two other great master sets, this was a bit of a let down.
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:58 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

I already know what to expect and didn't give a rip about the weak points. My first impression...well lets just say I did a Rick Flair "wooOOOOO!!!"

Old August 22nd, 2008, 04:21 AM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker

I'd just like to see an official scenario for the map on the back of the box. Seems strange it wasn't included in the manual.

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier

Last edited by quadraphonic; August 22nd, 2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 06:27 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love MarvelScape. My sister, my main opponent, always wants to play with the Marvel heroes (or any heroes for that matter). The terrain issue does kind of suck, but I'm planning on getting another as soon as prices go to around $10-15. I can just use the bases for customs, and that ruin sure is cool, cooler than the RotV ruins.
Old December 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, I just got 6 sets of Marvel (less than $9 apiece shipped!). Last night and today, I played through several scenarios, and I love it! This game is great, and definitely worthy of being equal to Classic Heroscape. I wish I understood why there is such a stigma against Marvelscape.

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:51 AM

zoltar Woo who?

I had only the marvel heroscape for a time.I couldn't even find (anywhere but here)new scenarios,and or ideas!I am trying to add more characters now,but am having trouble adapting the heroclix dc...

The heroscape has so much potential,no matter what set you play.The cool thing is,they are all pretty well able to be put together.I like running my thanos team against my buddies marro team.He has grimnak,marro clones,squad of marros(forget name) and a couple customs...i hang pretty good with thanos,dr. doom,red skull, and silver surfer.He has custom street posts,that road download(on this site),and basically some train scenery to add some background to our game(cuz he has limited items).

My first impression left me with a hole that needed to be filled...so i broke down and bought 2 sets!I have no regrets!But i am left waiting and wanting more!

Last edited by zoltar; December 7th, 2008 at 09:54 AM. Reason: misstake

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion