Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old May 31st, 2018, 04:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
C3G Mock Draft Challange

Yesterday I stumbled upon Kolakoski's 16 Card Mock Draft thread and found it to be an interesting exercise. I'm thinking about trying to use a similar process for army building the next time I have a group of 4 players get together for a day of C3G gaming. Army building can sometimes take up quite a bit of time as players skim through the 400 cards I have printed out and often sees us gravitating towards many of the same units. So I was thinking this could be a fun way to speed up the army building process and introduce a few over looked units, all while still giving players some say in which units they play. But before I bring it to my gaming group, I wanted to see how it might play out with a mock draft here and I was hoping some of you would be interested in giving it a go. So here are the details:

4 player free for all, last one left wins.

Map being used would be a large square with each of the 4 players starting in one corner. The center of the map would either feature something enticing where everyone might want to contend over (like a bunch of high ground aka king of the hill), or a hazardous feature that might discourage moving through the middle (like a swamp aka low ground filled with movement blockers). Not sure as it would be built that day.

Snake draft, can only draft one army card from each tier, each tier will include 5 cards of the same point value, so at the end every player will have the same point total for their team and even when picking last in a tier you will still have a choice between 2 cards.

Once 3 people have signed up for a Mock Draft (I'll take one spot), I'll randomly generate the draft order and post up the tiers. As soon as the draft order and tiers are posted, whoever has the first pick can get it started.

I developed my tiers based on cards and figures I already have or plan on adding soon to my collection. I tried to stay away from 'leader' type units and cards that rely heavily on synergy, so most of the cards will be fairly stand alone units. I also tried to include a few cards in some of the tiers that for whatever reason haven't seen much time in our games.

Anyone who wants to participate by drafting or just sharing their thoughts on draft strategies or results are welcome to do so. Others can even take over and run their own drafts with their own tiers to choose from if the interest is there for that. I just initially wanted to get a feel for how it would play out for my specific situation and see if others though the resulting armies would be fun and balanced to play against each other with or not.

Mock Draft 1 Sign-Up
1. Yodaking
Old June 4th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Mock Draft Challange

I’ll take a spot YK, sounds like fun.
Old June 4th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

In.
Old June 4th, 2018, 10:35 AM

Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby!

I'll give it a shot as well. I my not know all of the cards but maybe I'll learn something.
Happy to give my spot up though if you would rather someone with more exp.

Mock Draft 1 Sign-Up
1. Yodaking
2. LOB5T3R
3. Tornado
4. Ericth74
Old June 4th, 2018, 05:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Sweet, I'll post up the tiers and randomize the draft pick order soon.

Ericth74, you are actually the perfect guy for this mock draft as a few of my local players are not very familiar with all the cards either.
Old June 4th, 2018, 05:09 PM

Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby! Ericth74 rolls all skulls baby!

Great, ready when you are!
Old June 4th, 2018, 06:02 PM
C3G Landlord

We will be drafting an NBA Team (ie. 5 cards): 260 + 140 + 200 + 210 + 190 = 1000 points

Here is your draft order:

1. Lobster
2. Ericth74
3. Tornado
4. Yodaking

Snake Draft with 5 tiers so it goes: 12344321123443211234

Remember only 1 card per tier! I've linked each pick to their book.

260 Point Tier: Steel, Fantomex, Mister Hyde, Absorbing Man, Archangel
210 Point Tier: Brother Voodoo, Tempest, Buffy Summers, Sandman, Gambit
200 Point Tier: Kraven, Bug, Conan, Ozymandias, Polaris
190 Point Tier: Bane, Katana, Living Laser, Whirlwind, Yellowjacket II
140 Point Tier: Falcon, Joker II, Rorschach, Scarecrow, Wizard

Thanks for signing up! You're on deck Lobster, pick whenever you are ready.

If you feel like discussing your choice or any other thoughts related to the draft in real time feel free to do so, or you can wait until all the picks are made to post some thoughts.

Currently drafted teams:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Yodaking; June 6th, 2018 at 01:44 AM.
Old June 4th, 2018, 06:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool idea...I've peaked in on @kolakoski threads and found them extremely fascinating and I don't even play Classic. I'd love to see the commentary here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old June 4th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With the first pick in the 2018 C3G Mock Draft Challenge. Lobster selects, from the Santa Prisca Penitentiary: BANE.

1. L0B5T3R - Bane - 190
2. Ericth74 - ON THE CLOCK

Last edited by japes; June 4th, 2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: EDIT
Old June 4th, 2018, 06:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Interesting, going with the base stat booster right off the bat so SA cards might not be what you are looking for moving forward. I'll keep the currently drafted armies updated in the post above. You're on Deck Ericth!

Last edited by Yodaking; June 4th, 2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old June 4th, 2018, 07:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I edited Lobby's post since I like the K's thread goes where you can see it rolling real time so to speak. If the next person just quotes the previous pick and adds to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old June 4th, 2018, 07:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Sounds like a good plan.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project