Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 14th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
the Open Play slots. Again, we will help with prize support for these events.
This is terrific news. That is outstanding, fomox. If @MegaSilver ran a Take 2 C3V/SoV event during Open Play, I imagine that might get some attention.
Yeah, that's the plan.

I'll post them sometime on the 15th, I believe. I have to try to secure my Thursday event first!
Old May 14th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

For AotP, I take it that spell decks will be 12 cards at 200 points?

here Tornado is Tornadros Kreel...
in MIGOL'S TOMB
Old May 14th, 2016, 12:07 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sust Jaying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post

But the point is everybody has different preferences and the good news about having so many events is we can play or not play in what we want based of those preferences.
Sure, but if someone isn't a fan of double blind they're limited to the main event (which only stops being double blind on day 2 but you might get some advantages on day 1) and open play (depending on what they/others set up). That doesn't really feel like options to me.

Again, I appreciate all the hard work and effort that goes in and I am pretty certain I will have fun scaping regardless. It just feels a little barren for my play preferences is all.

~Dysole, trying hard not to sound ungrateful

Dysole is Braxas your friendly neighborhood Goth Dragon...
in
MIGOL'S TOMB
Old May 14th, 2016, 12:23 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Also will multiples of spells be allowed?

in MIGOL'S TOMB
Old May 14th, 2016, 01:41 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any chance of a sneak peek at the dice design for this year / and or the prize support?

Old May 14th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Sust Jaying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post

But the point is everybody has different preferences and the good news about having so many events is we can play or not play in what we want based of those preferences.
Sure, but if someone isn't a fan of double blind they're limited to the main event (which only stops being double blind on day 2 but you might get some advantages on day 1) and open play (depending on what they/others set up). That doesn't really feel like options to me.

Again, I appreciate all the hard work and effort that goes in and I am pretty certain I will have fun scaping regardless. It just feels a little barren for my play preferences is all.

~Dysole, trying hard not to sound ungrateful
Not to beat a dead horse but then set something up during an open play time frame if you don't see something you want to do...

Mega has been doing if for several years, without complaining even...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 14th, 2016, 04:33 PM

Trying to apply Mega-Standards to everyday people is a bit lofty.

Your point is inarguable though. You have provided the format for anyone to run any event they want.

The main conflict for me is that I would want to run an Urban setting where I would need a relatively flat map to place buildings upon. The AotP maps work fairly well for quick set up but I doubt there will be any empty space for new maps.

I would love to bring C3G to Gen Con but I think we will have to find a location to set up for some free play. That is of course if I can get all the cards, figures and most importantly, the buildings ready for transport.

I got to play in Grishnakh game that was incredibly fun one year and it would be great to host something like that.

Nice work setting everything up this year.

in MIGOL'S TOMB
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fomox, thanks for organizing things this year! Anticipating many of the main event matches going to time, is there any thought of moving to partial-card scoring this year? It seems fairer to me, at the expense of doing more laborious (and error-prone) math.
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:57 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Full card scoring rewards people who spend more points per squad, which, while encouraging more variation in unit usage, gives an unnecessary advantage before the game even starts.

My customs HERE. <-----
"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work" -Edison
Old May 15th, 2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I would love an answer to this.

I need to know if there is a chance someone will have all Bountiful Harvest spells in their hand.

in MIGOL'S TOMB
Old May 15th, 2016, 02:50 PM

vminer has disabled reputation

It will be great to see you again as well .
You know I'm always hyped to go to Gencon!!

vincent miner
Old May 15th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I would love an answer to this.

I need to know if there is a chance someone will have all Bountiful Harvest spells in their hand.
I am not running the event, but I think the answers to your two questions are yes and no respectively. Multiples of spells was said to be illegal somewhere by someone official, but I cannot find it. 200 points is the spell deck cost used everywhere and any more/less is impossible for someone with just the base game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con