Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 8th, 2016, 11:21 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Gen Con 2016 Who is going?

01. haplo
02. JJ
03. MAGA-tron
04. kitty.kat.scratch.attack
05. MegaSilver
06. D_S
07. KidScaper
08. HappyJosiah
09. Jim
10. vminer
11. R˙chean
12. capsocrates
13. William099
14. Dysole

I spent 400 dollars on food and souvenirs/generic tickets. Plus about 200 dollars for my piece of the hotel room.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is the Venoc Warlord...
in THE ORPHANAGE
Old May 9th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Staying downtown is overly expensive for no real benefit. Take a 20 minute drive in each morning. You will pay $10-$20 to park every day. But most downtown hotels will charge you about that much to park in their lot even if you are staying there.

Agreed on bringing your own food. Pack your bag with granola bars, bananas, string cheese, crackers, sliced veggies, and lots of water. There are lots of great places to eat, but if money is the concern, it's easy to brown-bag it. Eat continental breakfast at your hotel.

Make sure not to over-book yourself on events, especially your first year. You want time to experience all the other GenCon stuff, not just the world's largest Heroscape tournament. The dealer's hall, which is open about 9-5 every day, is an incredible spectacle. I describe it to people as "imagine a store larger than a Super WalMart, but where you want to buy literally every single thing you see". There are game demos, early releases of games you can't get "on the street" until about Halloween, "famous" people, lots of artists, and people all over the place in costumes. And that's just in the dealer's hall. Obviously this is also a place that can be expensive if your willpower is low. But it's not an actual cost of attending.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old May 9th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun

I appreciate the responses! I don't know that it'll be in the budget this year...but I like to think that it will if things work out and we're able to split costs. I've got a good heroscape community here and figure if 3 or 4 of us wanna go in on it, maybe it could be a possibility. Not sure yet...but we'll see. If not, probably for sure next year.
Old May 9th, 2016, 05:14 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

So I have been heavily considering attending GenCon this year as I have the PTO time at work, and have wanted to go for years. Issue is most of my close friends and I are all recent college grads, and some of them are not well established in their careers to feel like they can afford to spend a few hundred dollars on a gaming vacation.

I am willing to, but I am not sure if going alone makes sense. To those in this community, do you often go alone and pay the cost of hotel room and parking? Or do you try to utilize forums and other boards to split costs with someone?

With that being said, is there anyone on these forums or in this thread that has extra space they would be willing to split costs with? I am interested in going, but am nervous about trying to figure everything out by myself.

Finally, it seems everyone suggests that for a Gen Con virgin to limit events/tournaments just to be able to take things in. But how much free time should I leave then on average? I would like to at least take a go at a minor Summoner Wars and Heroscape tournament, but don't want to later regret it. Any other good general advice would be appreciated.

Ranior is Roinar...
in THE ORPHANAGE
Old May 9th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Friends!

In the interest of keeping this thread clean, I started a thread for GenCon newbies. Go post your questions there.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old May 9th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

01. haplo
02. JJ
03. MAGA-tron
05. MegaSilver
06. D_S
07. KidScaper
08. HappyJosiah
09. Jim
10. vminer
11. R˙chean
12. capsocrates
13. William099
14. Dysole
15. Retlaw
16. Retlaw's son
17. Retlaw's son's wife
Old May 10th, 2016, 04:06 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

Hey I'm in, MegaSilver hosted a C3V tourney last year which was a lot of fun. Any plans for such this year ?!?!?
Old May 10th, 2016, 06:56 PM

Dragon Ruler knows what's in an order marker Dragon Ruler knows what's in an order marker

Dragon Ruler and OrcElfArmyOne
Old May 10th, 2016, 09:41 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness

01. haplo
02. JJ the DRAGON
03. MAGA-tron
05. MegaSilver
06. D_S
07. KidScaper
08. HappyJosiah
09. Jim
10. vminer
11. R˙chean
12. capsocrates
13. William099
14. Dysole
15. Retlaw
16. Retlaw's son
17. Retlaw's son's wife
18. Big Boa
19. Dragon Ruler
20. OrcElfArmyOne
21. stay_golden_PONYBOY

Old May 11th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

01. haplo
02. JJ the DRAGON
03. MAGA-tron
05. MegaSilver
06. D_S
07. KidScaper
08. HappyJosiah
09. Jim
10. vminer
11. R˙chean
12. capsocrates
13. William099
14. Dysole
15. Retlaw
16. Retlaw's son
17. Retlaw's son's wife
18. Big Boa
19. Dragon Ruler
20. OrcElfArmyOne
21. stay_golden_PONYBOY
22. Tornado
23. Eslo Rudkey
24. phrost

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 11th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

01. haplo
02. JJ the DRAGON
03. MAGA-tron
05. MegaSilver
06. D_S
07. KidScaper
08. HappyJosiah
09. Jim
10. vminer
11. R˙chean
12. capsocrates
13. William099
14. Dysole
15. Retlaw
16. Retlaw's son
17. Retlaw's son's wife
18. Big Boa
19. Dragon Ruler
20. OrcElfArmyOne
21. stay_golden_PONYBOY
22. Tornado
23. Eslo Rudkey
24. phrost
25. Akden
Old May 13th, 2016, 12:59 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

01. haplo
02. JJ the DRAGON
03. MAGA-tron
05. MegaSilver
06. D_S
07. KidScaper
08. HappyJosiah
09. Jim
10. vminer
11. R˙chean