Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old April 5th, 2009, 05:03 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nick Cave

Well, MH, that was fun. Another great card came spewing out of your brain!

He's definitely an ally of the BPRD, and I went with a dark-brownish border like you suggested. It looks a bit leathery, and it's darkness helps convey the point that maybe he's not 100% good-guy... but he'll fight with them for now!

As much as I love Nick Cave [the musician], my girlfriend loves him even more. You'd be surprised how crazy the ladies get over this tall, skinny, now-in-his-50s, kinda sleezy-looking dude at his concerts. It's amazing. She's going to get a huge kick out of playing him... she thought it was totally awesome when I showed her your original post.
Old April 5th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Commission a Custom (4/04) Nick "Outback" Ca

Thanks, I hope we can all enjoy him... the piece I mean.

Out of respect for Necro, I'm suggesting a few changes though. Take a peak at your thread.

Basically,
1) Change Stealth to ordinary "Flying"
2) Change Range to 5

I think that is enough. The pieces are awfully similar.
Old April 6th, 2009, 06:15 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can definitely make the changes, but I wouldn't sweat it...

I mean, look at the guy, his stats pretty much write themselves!

Plus, I'm sure Necro is flattered if he's anything.

You still rule in my book!
Old April 6th, 2009, 06:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Yep, definitely flattered. I don't mind that the units are similar at all.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:03 PM
C3G Hero

See! Toljaso!

I am of course still willing to make any changes to his card that you desire.
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

On Nick Cave:
Let's keep the range as is but change Stealth Flying to plain old "Flying". My theory being that Cyprien turns into a bat and disappears without engagement but a vampire with wings would just take off, sometimes carelessly. Besides, Iskra flies without stealth. Therefore, let's lose it from Nick.

Then I will be able to sleep at night knowing that Nick Cave and Judge Blacklock can battle on the same board without having an identity crisis erupt.
Old April 9th, 2009, 05:33 PM
C3G Hero

What's that flying overhead? It's not very stealthy, whatever it is...
AAAAAAH! It's that freaky outback vampire, NICK CAVE!!!!

He's looking fun, I think the change to standard flying was right. my only question now is if the cost is still OK or if it should drop 5-10 points.
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:03 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I think he's still fine as is. Though two of his abilities are worse now, that +2 Move is worth a lot, I think (over JB).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Captain Underpants

I also think the cost is pretty good. I could live with a 5 point drop but I don't think he needs it. The figure is fast and has great range. even has the ability to heal from range if he has the right opponents. I'll admit that with a defense of 3, the key is to engage him with a non-undead (double negative) and then you've snared him in. But if you only engage him with one, he may get lucky to kill that one and then pop an undead from range with his second attack. Should be fun I hope.

I'm good with the 130 but 125 is certainly good as well.

Now I just have to get the mini myself. What a fool I am for creating the man without having his piece in hand.
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I'll admit that with a defense of 3, the key is to engage him with a non-undead (double negative) unit and then you've snared him in.
Fixed.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Captain Underpants

Are you ready Garada? Here's a quiz, what does Blood and Irons have in common with the Golden Army? That'a right, in both movies Hellboy battles a foe with a projectile fist on a retractible chain. Therefore, it was only a matter of time before I squeezed that into a custom.

I used the Mage Knight "Steam Tinker" mainly because the mini is so damn awesome. I think it was Hi1 who had created a pretty cool custom with the figure (he used the green shirted piece while I own the blue shirt so I guess they can fight side by side as unique's) and I used it a bit for inspiration, I'll attach the link here:

William the Tinker

Please Garada, I know he is a new species and has a new occupation but make me a card and don't hate me for having to buy another mini. You're gonna want this guy cause he has real fun potential...

--------------------------------------------------------------

FULTON

GNOME
UNIQUE HERO
TINKER
DETERMINED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 4
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 5

CHAINED FIST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4, Attack 4.

BUZZ SAW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack 5.

OUT OF STEAM
If Fulton chooses to attack with Chained Fist or Buzz Saw, before rolling attack dice, roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 1-2, the turn is immediately ended and Fulton cannot move or attack for the rest of the round. Remove all unrevealed Order Markers from this Army Card.
• If you roll 3-4, the turn is immediately ended and Fulton cannot attack.
• If you roll 5-19, continue with the chosen Special Attack.
• If you roll 20 or higher, instead of the chosen Special Attack, Fulton may attack twice with a normal attack.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 13th, 2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old April 14th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
OUT OF STEAM
If Fulton chooses to attack with Chained Fist or Buzz Saw, before rolling attack dice, roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 1-2, the turn is immediately ended and Fulton cannot move or attack for the rest of the round. Remove all unrevealed Order Markers from this Army Card.
• If you roll 3-4, the turn is immediately ended and Fulton cannot attack.
• If you roll 5-19, continue with the chosen Special Attack.
• If you roll 20 or higher, instead of the chosen Special Attack, Fulton may attack twice with a normal attack.
-------------------------------------------------------------
If you were going to attack with Chained Fist to attack someone at a range and you roll a 20 for Out of Steam, you recieve no benefit since his normal attack is range 1. Is that the intent?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations