Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old January 19th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Gancis is surprisingly tart
Gancis Geek Supplies - Open For Business

Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself to the board and let everyone know I am open for business =)

I was a long time heroscaper my friends and I probably started playing around 2005 or so. About a year ago I moved away from my play group, because I had nothing to do with my Heroscape stuff, I decided to sell it off on Ebay. Well one thing lead to another and now I am part time selling. So far it has been a fun learning experience, since I've never done anything entrepreneurial before.

I am guessing that more than one of you has purchased stuff from my store at this point, so I wanted to have a place where I could start doing things off eBay, and also get feedback on how I am doing.

First things first, I have decided that I will be putting my inventory up on Google Documents for sale there, I will make it nicer, and "stuff" as time goes on, but I wanted a starting point. The nice thing about using Google docs is that I can undercut my Ebay prices, along with only charge my costs for shipping. This will also be the 1st place I update most of the time, before listing new things on Ebay.

Basically, I am taking 10% off of all my prices on eBay for stuff purchased from me directly. Also, if you pay via check / cash instead of PayPal, I will take an additional 3% off of the invoice total.

You can find my spreadsheet here:

Gancis Geek Supplies Inventory

You can also find my Ebay Store here:

Gancis Geek Supplies Ebay Store

Also, I have setup an email specifically for my Heroscape selling, which is GancisGS@Gmail.com

I have also setup a facebook page, where I will announce inventory updates and sales you can find me by searching for Gancis Geek Supplies, or the link below:

Gancis Geek Supplies on Facebook

Thanks everyone for your support!

-Pete

Last edited by Gancis; January 20th, 2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: i r teh bad spellr
Old January 19th, 2012, 09:07 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Gancis Geek Supplies - Open For Business

I do note that the specific wording is "Tornak, Orc species from Grut", which is the exact same as Auggie's. Any particular reason?
Old January 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM

Thanks, I will fix that.

Before I started selling last summer sold anything I did a lot of research on what sold for what sold for what, and I used Aug's site as one of my references, and used his site's names on my spreadsheet.

BTW, I am not pretending to be a full time store. This is a part time gig for me. That is why I have not created a web site, nor will I ever have the inventory of one of the big sellers like aug.

Heck, in a lot of ways, Aug sets the market for this stuff.
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:37 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

So....how is your thread any different than all the other low post count "hey I am selling Heroscape on ebay" posts that normally get flamed into oblivion?

Extra kind words with bells and whistles along with the promise of discounting if we allow you to circumvent paypal and ebay? Will you accept trades? Or is this all about you making money off of our community?

Why should we let this effort slide when so many other "hey look at the stuff I am selling" threads get the slam they deserve?

Gancis...what have you done for us? You are simply using our site to sell your Heroscape. You aren't a sponsor or a site supporter and I doubt anyone on this forum even knows who you are.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; January 20th, 2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: whatevers..."keeping invovled" by selling off my collection? makes sense to me!?!?!
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For starters, Gancis, you should consider (strongly) getting a Site Supporter badge, that way you are not simply making money off the community.

Second, I would refrain from making any "sales announcements" as the topic of the first few posts on a site. Doing that makes it look like you are not here to contribute, but rather just to simply make money off the community without having to pay ebay fees. You joined almost four months ago and you only had three posts when you started this thread (and the other two from last year were about your ebay sales).

Third, check your spelling.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 20th, 2012, 12:06 AM

Sorry if this was a breach of "forum etiquette"

If you wish, I can take my post down. I have never seen anyone get flamed for saying they're selling stuff. I joined 4 months ago, and have been reading these threads for about a year and change.

My goal was to continue to sell my stuff. And yes, get out from Ebay. By simply taking the fees I pay out of prices I'm charging.

This is just my way of keeping involved in a game I enjoy. I am certainly not doing this to get rich, there are much easier ways to make a buck in this world than all the effort it takes to sell heroscape.

Thanks for pointing me at the site supporter stuff, sorry, never saw it before, and you're right that if I want to use this as a forum to sell stuff, I should support it.

Once again, sorry to offend.

-Pete

Last edited by Gancis; January 20th, 2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old January 20th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good luck with your sales and best of luck

Gratz on your supporter tag!
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Hi all,
Thanks for your support!

This week I have put up a handful of 99 cent auctions. Most of them are Bump and Dent, any damage is to the cards, all the figures are in great condition. I have also included 1 complete SOTM set that I started at 99 cents too.

GGS $0.99 Auctions

Thanks,
Pete

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales