Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old September 13th, 2006, 04:05 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Best defending units to use on top of castle,...Blastatrons?

I haven't read the entire Blastatron discussion thread,... but after glancing at the first 8 pages or so I think the Blasatrons would be used best this way,....

Given any castle scenario, post the Gladiatrons near the door or further out close to the entrance (out of range sights). Put the Blastatrons on extreme height looking over the door.

I usually try to take a big guy to tear that door off the hinges, so,... when your opponents Krug, Jotun, etc. approach the door spring those Gladiatrons into action and hold them down before they advance all the way,... then fire away with the Blastatrons. Depending on how many Gladiatrons are engaged with your opponent you get 4 attacks of anywhere from 3, (none engaged), to 11 (8 engaged) [FOR A DOUBLE HEX FIG.] - - - Or 3, (none engaged) to 9 (6 engaged) [FOR A SINGLE HEX FIG.].

Theoretically I think this could destroy that big booger before he got even remotely close. Krug should be quite easy to beat this way, However, Any unit with a high defense may prove to be difficult. Especially if your Gladiatrons are being picked off!

Although being an aggressive player myself, if uninjured, I would gladly walk away from an engagement of 4-6 with Krug - - - Assuming of course I wasn't injured in the onslaught of firing Blastatrons Though that seems highly unlikely.

What about you guys? Any suggestions? What's worked best for you?
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:11 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Snipers are by far the best atop a castle. 3 attack with doubled skulls is insane.

You can also draft the otherwise useless Tae for a + 1.
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Best defending units to use on top of castle,...Blastatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
However, Jotun would prove to be much more difficult having a defense of 7
What Jotun did YOU get?!!!?!!

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
Snipers are by far the best atop a castle. # attack with doubled skulls is insane.
I must admit, early on I never considered using Snipers because of their low attack. But upon getting 2 sets of them, (primarily for the Vipers), I decided to mix my army up a bit and added them to the lineup. Needless to say once they got a good vantage point they were DEADLY
I was quite impressed with their performance not having any auras or glyphs at the time!

What do you think about Blastatron/Gladiatron combo?
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah
Quote:
However, Jotun would prove to be much more difficult having a defense of 7
What Jotun did YOU get?!!!?!!
O.K.,.............. ,...............my bad, can't count.
4! Not as difficult as I thought, but maybe check my edit

PS - What about the combo?
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:20 PM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
Snipers are by far the best atop a castle. # attack with doubled skulls is insane.
I must admit, early on I never considered using Snipers because of their low attack. But upon getting 2 sets of them, (primarily for the Vipers), I decided to mix my army up a bit and added them to the lineup. Needless to say once they got a good vantage point they were DEADLY
I was quite impressed with their performance not having any auras or glyphs at the time!

What do you think about Blastatron/Gladiatron combo?
It could be interesting if you threw in Deathwalker 9000 to give +2 range to the Blastatrons. Hmm... I wonder how much Blastatron/Gladiatron and Deathreavers would get along in Castle Defense?

Glory to the Many.
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:42 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I haven't read the entire Blastatron discussion thread,... but after glancing at the first 8 pages or so I think the Blasatrons would be used best this way,....

Given any castle scenario, post the Gladiatrons near the door or further out close to the entrance (out of range sights). Put the Blastatrons on extreme height looking over the door.

I usually try to take a big guy to tear that door off the hinges, so,... when your opponents Krug, Jotun, etc. approach the door spring those Gladiatrons into action and hold them down before they advance all the way,... then fire away with the Blastatrons. Depending on how many Gladiatrons are engaged with your opponent you get 4 attacks of anywhere from 3, (none engaged), to 11 (8 engaged) [FOR A DOUBLE HEX FIG.] - - - Or 3, (none engaged) to 9 (6 engaged) [FOR A SINGLE HEX FIG.].

Theoretically I think this could destroy that big booger before he got even remotely close. Krug should be quite easy to beat this way, However, Any unit with a high defense may prove to be difficult. Especially if your Gladiatrons are being picked off!

Although being an aggressive player myself, if uninjured, I would gladly walk away from an engagement of 4-6 with Krug - - - Assuming of course I wasn't injured in the onslaught of firing Blastatrons Though that seems highly unlikely.

What about you guys? Any suggestions? What's worked best for you?[/b][/i][/u]

Don't forget to put DW 9000 next to the Blastatrons so they'll have 9 range. Brutal combo.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Hmm... I wonder how much Blastatron/Gladiatron and Deathreavers would get along in Castle Defense?
If you're thinking of moving those Reavers into adjacentcy for an extra bonus for Blastatrons,...think again my friend You only get the bonus if the adjacent figs. are soulbougs that follow vydar....

I thought the same thing at first!
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm... I wonder how much Blastatron/Gladiatron and Deathreavers would get along in Castle Defense?
If you're thinking of moving those Reavers into adjacentcy for an extra bonus for Blastatrons,...think again my friend You only get the bonus if the adjacent figs. are soulbougs that follow vydar....

I thought the same thing at first!
Yes, I know they can't boost the Blastatrons. The Gladiatrons and the Deathreavers are both great units to tie up other units with, expecially if you don't mind attacking the Deathreavers with the Blastatrons just to move them.

Dunno how well it would really work in a castle defense, though

Glory to the Many.
Old September 13th, 2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:
The Gladiatrons and the Deathreavers are both great units to tie up other units with, expecially if you don't mind attacking the Deathreavers with the Blastatrons just to move them.
Attacking your Reavers can prove to be disadvantageous in the long run? Not only could it deplete your forces but thats pretty much equivalent to wasting points during the draft! (Even if they are only 40 points a pop.)

I'm curious , are you assuming that Gladiatrons would have been eliminated at this point, or is this just favored to allow your Gladiatrons more gaming time?
Old September 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The Gladiatrons and the Deathreavers are both great units to tie up other units with, expecially if you don't mind attacking the Deathreavers with the Blastatrons just to move them.
Attacking your Reavers can prove to be disadvantageous in the long run? Not only could it deplete your forces but thats pretty much equivalent to wasting points during the draft! (Even if they are only 40 points a pop.)

I'm curious , are you assuming that Gladiatrons would have been eliminated at this point, or is this just favored to allow your Gladiatrons more gaming time?
Neither, it's just more units to tie up the enemies so they never reach the door/castle :P

Deathreaver's 4 defense can hold up nicely to the 1 attack of the Blastatrons, there really is not much threat of losing forces. Regardless, the +1 or +2 attack from Height for the Blastatrons could make it dangerous...

Glory to the Many.
Old September 13th, 2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Deathreaver's 4 defense can hold up nicely to the 1 attack of the Blastatrons, there really is not much threat of losing forces. Regardless, the +1 or +2 attack from Height for the Blastatrons could make it dangerous...
Nice observation,..........interesting,.................KUDOS to you good sir!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles