Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old September 17th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Fourth World Workshop (New Gods/Apokolips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Well the Apokolyptian Technology precedent on Parademons is all about rolling all skulls, so I carried that through on the Steppenwolf and Desaad write ups.
Oh yeah, I get that, and I think it’s a cool direction. But if that’s the way Darkseid’s army is rolling, it probably won’t make sense to have Darkseid making them roll more dice.
Old September 17th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I do think it makes sense to fill out the New Goods first and then see what an Event Darkseid has to offer them. If we could get semi-symmetrical Highfather/Darkseid "New God leader" designs, that'd be cool.
Old September 17th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

If the Parademons' 'all skulls rolled for a bonus' is going to be something of an aesthetic for Apokoliptian forces, perhaps an attack bonus based on re-rolling skulls would be a good idea, rather than a standard attack boost? Make those powers more likely? Don't know if that needs to be on Darkseid or some other 'connective tissue' unit, but I think it could work.

One thing I'd like to say though is I'd like to avoid making a Darkseid vII a necessary 'hub' unit for an Apokoliptian build - it would leave the first version of Darkseid out in the cold and, if he's a higher level Event Hero, it would leave less room for army building. I'd rather see connective tissue that makes building an Apokoliptian army with either Darkseid vI or vII viable (or one using other New God heroes instead, potentially). This is the issue I tend to have with the Asgardians as a faction - once I've drafted Odin I struggle to find room to build an Asgardian army. I wouldn't like to see a second Darkseid 'overwrite' the current one from future Apokolips builds - I genuinely think we should endeavour to make either version a viable one to build your army round.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 17th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
If the Parademons' 'all skulls rolled for a bonus' is going to be something of an aesthetic for Apokoliptian forces, perhaps an attack bonus based on re-rolling skulls would be a good idea, rather than a standard attack boost? Make those powers more likely? Don't know if that needs to be on Darkseid or some other 'connective tissue' unit, but I think it could work.
I like this idea a lot. If the Apokolips units have a lot of similar “all skulls” powers it would also encourage playing Darkseid with his actual allies instead of his enemies who just happen to share a species.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
One thing I'd like to say though is I'd like to avoid making a Darkseid vII a necessary 'hub' unit for an Apokoliptian build - it would leave the first version of Darkseid out in the cold and, if he's a higher level Event Hero, it would leave less room for army building. I'd rather see connective tissue that makes building an Apokoliptian army with either Darkseid vI or vII viable (or one using other New God heroes instead, potentially). This is the issue I tend to have with the Asgardians as a faction - once I've drafted Odin I struggle to find room to build an Asgardian army. I wouldn't like to see a second Darkseid 'overwrite' the current one from future Apokolips builds - I genuinely think we should endeavour to make either version a viable one to build your army round.
This is a valid point. I think maybe basing a Darkseid II around light New Gods synergy and Anti-Life would work. Maybe based around Final Crisis?
Old September 17th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

If "all skulls triggers something cool" is the theme for Apokolips, maybe have Anti-Life Equation just subtract 1 from everyone's Attack/Defense? A symmetrical effect, but it encourages you to stack your army with people that benefit from rolling less dice.
Old September 17th, 2018, 12:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
If "all skulls triggers something cool" is the theme for Apokolips, maybe have Anti-Life Equation just subtract 1 from everyone's Attack/Defense? A symmetrical effect, but it encourages you to stack your army with people that benefit from rolling less dice.
OOOOhhh I like that. I am digging the more soft synergy idea's lately.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 17th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like that too. If we did that I’d probably up Desaad to 2 Attack.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 17th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = KALIBAK
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = NEW GOD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ELITE
PERSONALITY = BRUTAL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = ???

BETA-CLUB
When attacking an adjacent figure, roll 5 additional attack dice. When rolling attack dice, if Kalibak rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure immediately receives one unblockable hit before rolling defense dice.

SEEKING APPROVAL
If Kalibak is within 5 clear sight spaces of Darkseid, he cannot leave engagements, and when rolling attack dice, all blanks rolled count as extra skulls.

SUPER STRENGTH
I really like LO's idea of having Darkseid allow re-rolls, and I don't know how 2 re-rolling powers would work together, so maybe that needs to change.

EDIT: The change made in red probably works better. Thoughts?

Last edited by MrNobody; September 18th, 2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old September 18th, 2018, 06:28 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it! Looks brutal, which is appropriate.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 18th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Kalibak looks good to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 18th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Beta-Club is a really simple power but I love the tactical choice. 2 attack, but with fair odds of an auto-wound? Or straight up 7 attack? I'd kind of want the Seeking Approval power to only work when he's engaged, to push that even further.

In general, I feel like Granny Goodness letting you reroll dice (or maybe forcing you to reroll dice if you roll too low - and giving you a wound?) would be appropriate. Or, hmm, if we don't want to make too many reroll powers, maybe just grant an extra attack.

GRANNY'S LOVE
After a [New God/Fury] within clear sight of Granny Goodness attacks with a normal attack, if less than half of the dice rolled show skulls, that [New God/Fury] receives one wound and must attack one additional time, if possible.
Old September 18th, 2018, 08:41 AM

"Less than half" feels too customy to me. I'd rather it just trigger when no skulls are rolled. With the whole thing where we're subtracting dice/rolling low dice already a mechanic here, it should still trigger pretty often (and receiving a wound is pretty punitive!).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy