Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old July 18th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Uncharted Seas

Anyone familiar with the Uncharted Seas fantasy naval minis? I just saw them at my flgs and was wondering if anyone has thoughts on this game.
Old July 19th, 2009, 01:55 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Uncharted Seas

Looked pretty interesting. I've been thinking about getting into some 1/600th miniatures as a way to introduce my friends to some inexpensive wargames besides HeroScape, and another fantasy game is probably the way to go, instead of "hardcore" wargames.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:43 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Looked pretty interesting. I've been thinking about getting into some 1/600th miniatures as a way to introduce my friends to some inexpensive wargames besides HeroScape, and another fantasy game is probably the way to go, instead of "hardcore" wargames.
Is 1/600 a common scale for historical wargames?
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:51 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not really, but it is gaining popularity for tank battles, they call it microarmor.
Edit: Seems 1/600 is common for naval wargames. I'm probably thinking of 6mm. Haven't gotten into it yet, I've only been thinking about it. Seems like I would have to do some more research.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; July 19th, 2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Yay research!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games