Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 7th, 2021, 06:25 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Manticore (Breathing Period)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It would get us started on a Glyph of Arrow system, which would be neat.

It also brings up questions, though. Like should anyone who walks by and picks these up be able to just chuck them 8 spaces?
Yeah I was thinking of either a bonus to the roll or to the range of the figure was an archer.

Like make it base 19 or higher +5 if figure is an archer?

So it's not something any non archer would really want.

Or Range 3 and +5 for archers.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 7th, 2021, 06:39 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

I was feeling pretty wishy-washy on an arrow glyph system, but having his power text be too long when I want to keep his mechanics as-is puts me into the glyph camp.

Keeping anyone from being able to use the glyphs well makes sense. Having the boost go to archers excludes a few characters like Hawkeye I and Green Arrow II, but of course roping in agents and champions doesn’t really work. Either a buff to the roll or the range seems logical.

Would I need to start a new design thread for an glue arrow glyph and a flash arrow glyph?
Old February 7th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Adding Arrow Glyphs to the game is so inelegant and I’m still on record of not liking it at all. When you’re only doing a glyph cause your power text is too long you are doing it for the wrong reasons.
Old February 7th, 2021, 07:22 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

What do you think makes them less elegant than the utility glyphs?

I’ve been pretty 50/50 on arrow glyphs in general, having the text be too long is making me lean towards starting them ; it’s not the only reason. I do think they would allow for future archers to be more unique, and doing something like a zip line arrow doesn’t seem possible without going the glyph route.

I’m guessing you guys have talked about arrow glyphs in sanctum before, is there a general feeling the heroes have on them?
Old February 7th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
What do you think makes them less elegant than the utility glyphs?
Utility Glyphs are the type of thing that anyone in the battle can pickup and use. If you lose arrows it’s not like suddenly Thor or Spider-Man have a Bow to utilize the arrows. It’s a massive difference.
Old February 7th, 2021, 07:55 PM

Gotcha, that's fair. The idea of starting arrow glyphs doesn't really excite me which is why I've been pretty hesitant on doing them when the conversation comes up.

Like I said, I'm happy with where the design is, keeping it the same-ish but trimming off wording so it would fit on a card would be my #1 goal. If some stuff has to change for it to all work it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Old February 7th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

I’ll take a look at the wording here for you after the Super Bowl.
Old February 7th, 2021, 07:58 PM

Appreciate it!
Old February 7th, 2021, 08:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

Already see a few ways to reduce the amount of text.
Old February 7th, 2021, 08:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
NAME = MANTICORE
SECRET IDENTITY = JUSTIN SINCLAIR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = PASSIONATE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 110-140ish

FREEDOM PHALANX COORDINATION
After revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with a figure you control that has this special ability, you may immediately take a turn with Manticore. During this turn, Manticore cannot move, and you may not take any additional turns.

NON-LETHAL QUIVER
Start the game with 2 blue Glue Arrow Markers and 2 red Flash Arrow Markers on this card. Instead of attacking, choose a Unique Hero within 8 clear sight spaces of Manticore and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, place an Arrow Marker on the figure’s Army Card and you may attack normally with Manticore. Figures with a:
• Glue Arrow Marker on their card subtract 2 from their move and may not use the Flying special power.
• Flash Arrow Marker on their Army Card reduce their range to 1.
At the end of each round, return all Arrow Markers placed by Manticore to this card.

EMERGENCY TELEPORTATION NETWORK
Once per round instead of moving normally or after Manticore or an adjacent figure you control defends against an attack, Manticore may use Emergency Teleportation Network. To teleport, place Manticore on any empty space within 5 spaces of his current placement. When using Emergency Teleportation Network, Manticore will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Think this gets you close. Might still need to trim a hair.
Old February 7th, 2021, 09:01 PM

You’re a wizard Tickle, I really appreciate that. If that’s still over the limit I can go ahead and change his adhesive from “subtract 2 from their move and may not use the Flying special power” to “cannot move”, since I’m thinking the -2 move would see less use than the range reduction.
Old February 7th, 2021, 09:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

Another option is to cut the ”or an adjacent figure” part of Teleport. Also just calling the power Emergency Teleportation cuts a word from the power as well.

But yea just cleaning up the wording goes a long way there. @Karat or @Ronin may be able to help more on that front working off my last post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library