Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 29th, 2021, 09:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Green Lantern *Hal*

My favorite Green Lantern. He's fairly vulnerable to auto-wounding at his point level, as they all are, but other than that you're mostly doing the dance of trying to keep his batteries charged as long as possible while, if you're lucky, only taking wounds on one at a time to pump up his Fearless Charge.

Green Lanterns are mostly the so fast and so hard-hitting that you strike first and hope to wipe out Order Markers and just devastate the enemy army types. If they get worn down and have to start shedding batteries or have one big whiff, they can fall apart.

He likes Guardians, loves Kilowog, loves the uncommon GLs, and there's the whole Jessica Cruz thing as well and the Battery DO. I haven't played enough with the GL faction in a while to know his best builds, but I do know that if you don't have significant auto-wounding, then a 1,000 point army of Kilowog, Hal, and John Stewart Green Lanterns can be naaaasty.

Gonna go with A-/4 here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 31st, 2021, 04:15 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Unfortunately haven’t played Hal that much compared to some other lanterns, but he’s just as nasty as the others. A low life Hal with plenty of markers is a scary thing.
Old January 31st, 2021, 04:19 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Old January 31st, 2021, 04:22 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

5/A+

Dude has no real weaknesses (forgetting the fire one) and Telepathic Directive is one of the best utility powers in the game. Best paired with figures that do something on a bonus move (like Archangel, for instance), but also nice just for swarming and positioning figures. He's a pretty good shark himself with Intangibility, Flying, and all around solid stats.

Probably 50 points too cheap. Blame the LD.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 31st, 2021, 04:29 PM

Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Martian Manhunter I

Martian Manhunter has always been one of the coolest DC characters to me, and I love that both of his C3G designs are really good. Telepathic Directive makes him a great utility piece that most figures appreciate having around. You can pretty easily grab MM I, another random figure, and build an army around those two.

Easy A+/5.
Old January 31st, 2021, 04:44 PM

MMIII is great too.

Old January 31st, 2021, 05:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like him, he's certainly a solid unit, but I guess I'll be the voice of descent here. He's just a 4 star guy for me rather than a 5 star unit. Wonder Woman is a 5 star unit at the 300 point level, I even like Red Tornado more than him for 300 points. Gorgon is another real solid 300 point investment.

As for GL Hal, all the GL are solid but not spectacular units in my experience. They start the game really scary powerful, but then start losing steam as the batteries get used up. Once all the batteries are gone, you are usually better off taking a turn with a different unit. Auto-wound powers are troubling for them as well and there are plenty of those in the game. 4 stars.
Old January 31st, 2021, 05:35 PM

I’d say both Wonder Woman and Manhunter are 5’s fulfilling different roles. If im looking for a general commander type to bring my hodge podge together, MM I is gonna be who I’m gravitating towards. WW I probably beats most figures in a 1v1, she’ll slot in well as 300 point filler to round out an army.

I usually play 800 or 1000 games, so getting a solid beater and commander for 300 points has a bit more value when I’m pressed for points I feel.
Old January 31st, 2021, 05:43 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
In General

Wonder Woman does best in Paper Armies. Martian Manhunter does best in Scissor armies. Your preference for army type is going to influence which one you want more.

~Dysole, not sure how many people are still familiar with that terminology
Old January 31st, 2021, 05:48 PM

Re: In General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Wonder Woman does best in Paper Armies. Martian Manhunter does best in Scissor armies. Your preference for army type is going to influence which one you want more.

I’ve never heard of armies being described like that, could you explain what they are?
Old January 31st, 2021, 05:57 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quick and Dirty

Rock - Ignores abilities, usually a small number of figures, hits really hard (Most event heroes, Massed White Martians)

Paper - Throws a lot of quality attacks, often the ones that people gravitate to and look the best "on paper" (Fan 4 builds, Avengers builds, Prof X builds)

Scissors - Focused on disruptive powers and messing with the opponent's strategy (Armies that are focused around things like throwing figures into engagement with Blob, stealing OMs with Ozymandias, removing clear sight, etc.)

In general Rock > Scissors > Paper > Rock

You can hybridize some of these (Legionnaires feels like a really good example of a Paper/Scissors hybrid) but it's a real good way to think of army composition. dok and I tend to love Scissors builds while most of the community gravitates toward Paper and then you'll have people like MegaSilver who loves Rock builds.

~Dysole, hoping that's clear enough
Old January 31st, 2021, 05:59 PM

Re: In General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
I’d say both Wonder Woman and Manhunter are 5’s fulfilling different roles. If im looking for a general commander type to bring my hodge podge together, MM I is gonna be who I’m gravitating towards. WW I probably beats most figures in a 1v1, she’ll slot in well as 300 point filler to round out an army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

I agree with both of those. I'll save Wonder Woman chat for when it's more appropriate, but she's definitely a 5 for me as well and the two are certainly playable together. She was the number one draft pick (by me) in the C3G Con Tourney draft for a reason and she was one of the main reasons I won it (that lasso is an answer to everything).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy