Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 21st, 2021, 12:13 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
We're closing in on our 12th year as a project, and have well surpassed our wildest ambitions as we've blown past 1,000 designs. With that in mind, we've taken a close look at our library, with the benefit of hindsight and a wealth of knowledge gained through experience over those years. We are currently considering updating some old designs to give them more appropriate classes. Nothing is set in stone, and we value your feedback. A couple examples would be:
• Animal Man changing from an Adventurer(tied to Fantastic Four synergy) to a Champion(tied to Justice League synergy)
• potentially removing a degree of "one off" classes to ensure a more mindful streamlined library as we head into the many designs of the future
Do you feel that these types of changes are worth while endeavors for a more solid foundation to the project, or do you feel the need to re-print these cards to be more bother than benefit?

We are looking to do one sweep to get things to a comfortable and confident place moving forward, at which point we will be far more vigilant to ensure as soon as they are released to you, that these types of updates will not be needed.

We want to hear from all of our fans so if you can see this but aren't actively involved behind the scenes of C3G please respond. I'd definitely love to hear from our most active Allies though so I'm gonna tag a few of you here:
@AlexH12
@Captain Redbeard
@Dr. Jekyll
@Ericth74
@FreshFoods
@GamerHusband
@redstang
@SIEGE
@Splash
@Sporx
@Zakizzryn

Last edited by tcglkn; January 21st, 2021 at 01:05 PM.
Old January 21st, 2021, 12:23 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Welcome to C3G! – Directory

I don't really mind the change of released designs. I understand that with a vast number of designs and more coming everyday, things sometimes need to change/update.

Consistency updates are nice, that way you don't have a hundred different designs doing the same thing with different wording.

I would prefer it in large batches, but at the same time I know that a lot of work goes into this so sometimes that can take a while.

The only con I see to this is the fact that I need to print new cards

Edit: Thanks for considering the public for this kinda thing. I know that changing the classes for some of the older designs is a big deal. People have been playing with them the way they are for years now. Still, change is good and it would be better for the game. Bringing lesser used designs that don't have a whole lot of synergy into the fold and making them a new option for army drafting/building. My answers still stand.

Last edited by Dr. Jekyll; January 21st, 2021 at 01:06 PM.
Old January 21st, 2021, 12:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
I don't really mind the change of released designs. I understand that with a vast number of designs and more coming everyday, things sometimes need to change/update.
Just added an update to the post because I was too vague in my desire not to have leading questions. Provided some examples of things we are considering.
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:11 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just a thought (because I forget so easily) I might consider if and when this does go down. Have a completely new thread to keep track of any updates, so that way it is easy to view without the clutter of random comments in-between design change posts.
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:16 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Just a thought (because I forget so easily) I might consider if and when this does go down. Have a completely new thread to keep track of any updates, so that way it is easy to view without the clutter of random comments in-between design change posts.
There is a post in the Books of Index that does exactly this (the 6th post in the thread), and recently we have started adding a Card update log to the bottom of Books when they receive updates (Kool-Aid Man is an example of this).

Certainly appreciate the feedback if you feel that these are not sufficient enough ways to log changes, but this has come up before and we are trying to be more transparent with updates.
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:21 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
There is a post in the Books of Index that does exactly this (the 6th post in the thread), and recently we have started adding a Card update log to the bottom of Books when they receive updates (Kool-Aid Man is an example of this).

Certainly appreciate the feedback if you feel that these are not sufficient enough ways to log changes, but this has come up before and we are trying to be more transparent with updates.
No, that's excellent. Ya'll are on top of things around here
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:47 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
We're closing in on our 12th year as a project, and have well surpassed our wildest ambitions as we've blown past 1,000 designs. With that in mind, we've taken a close look at our library, with the benefit of hindsight and a wealth of knowledge gained through experience over those years. We are currently considering updating some old designs to give them more appropriate classes. Nothing is set in stone, and we value your feedback. A couple examples would be:
• Animal Man changing from an Adventurer(tied to Fantastic Four synergy) to a Champion(tied to Justice League synergy)
• potentially removing a degree of "one off" classes to ensure a more mindful streamlined library as we head into the many designs of the future
Do you feel that these types of changes are worth while endeavors for a more solid foundation to the project, or do you feel the need to re-print these cards to be more bother than benefit?

We are looking to do one sweep to get things to a comfortable and confident place moving forward, at which point we will be far more vigilant to ensure as soon as they are released to you, that these types of updates will not be needed.

We want to hear from all of our fans so if you can see this but aren't actively involved behind the scenes of C3G please respond. I'd definitely love to hear from our most active Allies though so I'm gonna tag a few of you here:
@AlexH12
@Captain Redbeard
@Dr. Jekyll
@Ericth74
@FreshFoods
@GamerHusband
@redstang
@SIEGE
@Splash
@Sporx
@Zakizzryn
  • I'm totally open to a class change where it makes sense, like the Animal Man example.
  • Looking around at some of the one off classes, I don't think they should be removed just because they're a one off class, but because theres a better fit for the character. I can't see Ronan or Conan as anything besides their current classes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Count Vertigo or Doombot change for example.
I 100% think these are changes worth pursuing. C3G has been around for what, right around 10 years? I'm sure a fair few of the figures from the early days would appreciate a class that's more appropriate for the character.
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:50 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

There was talk of making Ronan an Adjudicator.
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:58 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Do we have any figures with that class already?
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:59 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
Do we have any figures with that class already?
Spectre is an Adjudicator but he is also an Event Hero.
Old January 21st, 2021, 02:22 PM

Gotcha. That class seems like it would work for Ronan. I don't think it has to happen, but it totally makes sense.
Old January 21st, 2021, 02:26 PM
Tickle Pickle

We're not changing every single one off class to be another class, that's just one of the motivators: to remove isolated or similar classes and just make our library of designs more cohesive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy