Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 12th, 2011, 09:59 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
That's all and good but keep in mind that the SoV and C3V may not fit within the confines of your greater undead faction and vice versa. I would say customs submitted should be done in mind for the current units in Heroscape, not a collective of other customs that may or may not make it in SoV.
Good cautionary point robbdaman, but let me put you at ease, it's a non-issue here. We never would have nominated these guys otherwise. Sure the Skeleton Archers can be grouped with other units of ours, but they definitely don't need to be. The only effect is on the terms in a couple of boxes on the left of the card.

Our custom undead faction is like the Marro. There are huge numbers of Marro units, and some have complementary powers, but their main unity is simply thematic, and they can be effectively played with or without other Marro units as the player chooses. Often, maybe even usually, they'll be mixed with non-Marro units. Stingers are probably the best analogy here. Or Dividers.

Last edited by Typhon2222; September 12th, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:08 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Whereas Skeleton Archers can only serve as screens by permanently sacrificing their own attacks.
Okay, now I'm confused. What do you mean by "permanently"? Certainly you don't mean that once any opponent's figure engages a skeleton archer that the archers can't attack the rest of the game. Do you mean that if any archer is engaged, then NO archer can attack that turn? If that's not what you mean, then I don't see why they can't act as their own screen fairly effectively...
Sorry, no, I just meant that any individual Skeleton Archer has to engage (or be engaged) if it is to serve as a melee screen, at which point it cannot attack. That's different from Vipers, in that a Viper serving as a screen can still continue to attack while engaged. A Viper loses nothing by acting as a screen, but a Skeleton Archer does.

Hope this clarifies.

Last edited by Typhon2222; September 12th, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sertorius View Post
The "horde" class and "skeletal" personality are not elegant solutions, but it had to be that way for the greater undead faction we have going (typhon said it succinctly above).

I would have no problem putting up a different version of the card for SoV, if it came to it:
Undead
Common Squad
Archers
Terrifying (or the like)
Medium 4
I could also redo the image with some color variety, if required, but please god don't make me.
I think something like this is in order. I like the concept. I have concerns (along the lines DS has mentioned), but I'm willing to try these guys out. However, I don't think they currently fit into the Scape canon, as it were. Changing the lefthand boxes would help. Now, exactly how you change that is up to you.

For now, though, I don't think these units look ready to fit in with "official" units. I vote NO to review. (Sorry .)
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:36 AM

That'll be the easiest thing to change 1Mmirg. Will be coming right up.
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

For the Skeletal Archers See my sig concerning 1Mmirg's post above

I also am a little concerned that the wording on the card isn't as concise as it could be.

I do like the concept, but at this time, I have to vote NO to review the Skeletal Archers.

Concerning the Tactical Combat Unit, since the figures used for the card are the figures I will take into account for judging purposes, I have a hesitation. It uses A&A figs which, I believe, are 15mm scale whereas HS is heroic 28mm. I could easily go with realistic 28mm, but 15mm is just to out of scale with other HS figs. I know proxies were suggested but per the OP, we want the fig(s) on the nominated card to be the available fig(s).

Everything else aside, I have to vote NO to review the Tactical Combat Unit (sorry, FS93).
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM

Lamaclown, I'm a bit confused. You think the Skeleton Archers' abilities are too wordy? Don't mean to put the burden back on you, but could you suggest any way to make it more concise than it is? I thought it was pretty chisel-like.
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:56 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Lamaclown, I'm a bit confused. You think the Skeleton Archers' abilities are too wordy?
Sorry, no not at all. When I said the wording wasn't as concise as it could be it stemmed from the fact that Elginb had some confusion and that the way it was worded could be misinterpreted. FWIW, I completely understood what was meant but it could be a little more clearly worded.

As the SoV thread isn't the place for wordsmithing, I'll pop over to your customs thread to be a little more clear.

Sorry for not being as concise as I could be when talking about the wording not being as concise as it could be.
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:58 AM

Oh I see.

I don't think that Elginb was confused about the wording on the card. He was confused about how I (mis)worded something in a longer discussion.
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Oh I see.

I don't think that Elginb was confused about the wording on the card. He was confused about how I (mis)worded something in a longer discussion.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Notwithstanding, check out what I posted in your customs thread and see if you think it is worth taking note of.
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Concerning the Tactical Combat Unit, since the figures used for the card are the figures I will take into account for judging purposes, I have a hesitation. It uses A&A figs which, I believe, are 15mm scale whereas HS is heroic 28mm. I could easily go with realistic 28mm, but 15mm is just to out of scale with other HS figs. I know proxies were suggested but per the OP, we want the fig(s) on the nominated card to be the available fig(s).

Everything else aside, I have to vote NO to review the Tactical Combat Unit (sorry, FS93).
Good call, Lama. I'm glad you brought that up. I was looking at them and hesitating about whether Jandar Soldier Heroes would work well with bonding, if the pricing, etc. seemed likely to make that kind of bonding a good choice, and how balanced the units seemed. I was on the fence as to the core, but you are right and I hadn't noticed that the figures are not up to the SoV standard currently.

flameslayer93, I encourage you to explore other figure options. I also encourage you to do a few more tests as to the power level of these units. It seems to be that with a Reaver screen set up, the TCU could get really nasty with Drake and Varan available for free activations.

I vote NO to review the TCU.
Old September 12th, 2011, 12:03 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I vote NO to review the Tactical Combat Unit

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 12th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Oh sorry. :P there was an entire page I didn't read. Ignore this post.

@flame sayer, I wil have Internet a little in the next moth. Such as now.

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs