Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old October 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
I think the only title missing is "Embraces the Suck."
Perhaps -5 0to -100 points?

Oh, and what about OVER 9000!!1!!1!! for people who are...over 9000.
"His power level is over 9,000!!!"
Vegeta what does the scouter say about this threads spam levels?

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlad5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 View Post
"His power level is over 9,000!!!"
Vegeta what does the scouter say about this threads spam levels?
It's OVER 9000!

We really could use more little rep description things (for obvious lack of a better term) though. I remember on another forum there was a new saying or whatever every like 100 points. Surely there is more funny stuff we could throw in there, like -50 is "DO A BARREL ROLL." But we also need a bunch of Heroscape themed ones, a ton of them to fill the massive gaps in between the positive ones could be like "_USER_ Waits then Fires," "_USER_ bonds with arrow gruts," "_USER_ is Runa-Tastic," stuff like that.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; October 15th, 2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
"_USER_ is Runa-Tastic"
Might want to put it at 10-50 ^_^

~SS, with no offense to killer_cactus

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:25 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
"_USER_ bonds with arrow gruts," "_USER_ is Runa-Tastic," stuff like that.
Wow - I'm actually both of those!

Actually, I've considered telling the community at large to stop repping me altogether, because I love "killercactus wears ripped pants of awesomeness"

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Yeah, yours were the only kind of inside-joke-ish things I could think of quickly when I was typing that post up.
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sorry I'm late to the party, guys; busy with NHSD organizational stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quick question about the "No Reciprocating Rep" rule. In the past I have given "Good Trade Rep" to someone I have just completed a good transaction with. Is that now considered "Illegal" or can this be an exception?
Well, it's not illegal, because you are not reciprocating: you are not giving rep because someone gave you rep, you are giving rep because the person is a good trader. Now, technically, it violates our principle of "rep the post, not the person," but I believe this is one of the very few exceptions (maybe even the only one) to that principle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
On this topic, what if you happen to frequent one section of the forums and certain threads within that section that are frequented only by a small handful of people? If you're only interacting with the same "group" of users on a regular basis, should you refrain from pos repping them when you think they're doing good work or making good posts due to fear of reputation cliques?
No, you should not refrain for fear of this, but we do want to encourage you to look for good posts by others. (This was discussed, actually, when we were considering the changes, and your exact objection was brought up. But we felt that asking people to broaden their horizons and find some other folks to spread the rep-love to wasn't a bad thing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I think I understand the point of this, which is to prevent quid-pro-quo reputation-building schemes. However, I frequently find myself hitting the "you must spread some reputation around before repping (Jexik/mccombju/ollie/fomox/etc) again" wall. I suppose I may be in the "theoryscape nerd clique", however, I feel I'm repping these posts for the right reasons. I just want to make sure that the admins will be looking at the "reputation clique" cases individually and determining whether there's an issue.
Absolutely. Strictly a case-by-case basis. And remember: it takes more than one person to make a clique. You're never going to get smacked for a clique all by your lonesome. The other people have to all be passing rep back to you and to the same people you're passing it to ... all very unlikely to occur by accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Question for CoNs: what if I really enjoyed a member's posting, but didn't want to go through the trouble of finding said post. For myself, I usually wait until the end of the game to rep, so as I don't double rep someone, but I usually just go through the posts and rep the person I like on the first post of his that I come across. Soooo.....is that illegal, or since I'm planning on repping the person anyway, is it ok?
We really would prefer that you find the actual post you want to rep. And, hearing other CoN players' concerns, I understand that it may be a collection of posts rather than just one, but I still think you could pick out the best one. That having been said, it's not like I can read your mind and say "Hey, you repped this post but you didn't really think this was the post that deserved the rep!" As long as you're not trying to rep all of someone's CoN posts, I think you're fine.

And, as Aldin said, the practice of repping every single CoN player in every single game you play in is probably going too far. Let's try to keep to keep rep special, please.

Quote:
Oh, and I like the new system, except I don't sound as respectable with awesome ripped pants as I did when I was a beloved pillar.
That was actually one of our goals. To keep the titles a bit more lighthearted and not trying to make high-sounding pronouncements on people's character that might or might not be justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
What does it mean if someone's rep is disabled?
It means they have opted out of the rat race. They have decided not to play our reindeer games. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this. No one has to be invovled in the rep system if they don't want to.

Quote:
So they can't get repped, or what?
As Cav said, they can get repped, they just don't choose to show that rep to the rest of the world. However, if their rep ever goes negative, it will display. You cannot disable negative rep display.

Quote:
Why is it just a few people? What's the point?
It's just a few people because only a few people have decided they don't want to mess around with rep. The point is that if you think rep is totally stupid, you can turn it off. Remember: you're just turning off the rep display. Any rep you receive still accumulates. If you decide to turn it back on one day, all the rep you've built up in the meantime suddenly shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Duh
What about the Halls custom project?
That is exactly what I had in mind, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
And one more quick question: So we're not supposed to give out rep anymore for good trades? Because that's something I always made sure to do...
See my answer to Agent M above. Personally, I believe that positive rep for good traders is one of the most important uses of rep, but that doesn't necessarily reflect the views of the management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
You may want to add into the rules that signing someone elses name to your rep is a big no-no and will get you banned since newer memebrs may not know about that.
Excellent catch, Onacara. We will definitely want to add that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
I think the only title missing is "Embraces the Suck."
Actually, I had that one in the list originally ... it may have fallen out to make room for some others. Or maybe it's still in there but we haven't seen it yet ... ?
Old October 17th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor View Post
This base is further modified by the following bonuses:
  • for every 6 months since their registration, users gain 1 additional Power
  • for every 1600 posts made, users gain 1 additional Power
  • for every 400 Reputation Points a user has, he or she gains 1 additional Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor View Post
Thus, a "hypothetical" user who has been here for 10 months (6x1), with 1900 posts (1600x1) and 60 rep of his own (200x0) will have a power of 3 (1+1+1+0). This user will add 3 points (or subtract 1 point) from other members' reputations with each hit. A stronger community member who has been here for 23 months (6x3), with 7697 posts (1600x4) and 30 rep of his own (200x0) will have a Power of 8 (1+3+4+0).
Just wanted to point that out...

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:

Actually, I've considered telling the community at large to stop repping me altogether, because I love "killercactus wears ripped pants of awesomeness"
The "ripped pants of awesomeness" is a pretty cool (and breezy) title. I really like the new titles for rep, they aren't as pretentious as the old ones, and therefore not as ego inflating. How many of the "pillars of the community" and "known and loved by all" actually were. By calling them "Hot Lava Death", it assigns a value, but not a status...directly.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No 'SPOOFING' or Profanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
...Just wanted to point that out...
Thanx Captain-Math-Nerd, ...I've fixed it now. ^_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
You may want to add into the rules that signing someone elses name to your rep is a big no-no and will get you banned since newer memebrs may not know about that.
Excellent catch, Onacara. We will definitely want to add that.
Yes, thank you Onacara. That one had prevouisly been enforced under the Forum Code of Conduct (as account Spoofing). That was (and still is) punishable by BANNING, and not just the disabling of the offender's rep use. However, it is worth clarifying that it IS a punishable abuse of the Rep system, so I have added it to the 'Rules and Punishments' list...

I'd also like to point out that the most frequent violation of the new Rep Regs that we are seeing involves this rule:
  • DO NOT say anything in a Rep comment that wouldn't be allowed on the open forum. Rep comments are subject to the Forum Code of Conduct, just like PMs and open forum posts.
Please, for crimmeny's sake people, ...DON'T SWEAR IN REP COMMENTS. Rep comments aren't "filtered" like open post content, but Rep comments are still subject to the Forum Code of Conduct. If you curse in a Rep comment and the recipient finds it offensive, they can and SHOULD report it to an Admin. If they do, we will investigate and punish such infractions as needed. Consider this a friendly reminder to keep your Rep comments 'clean'. Using the Rep system as an outlet for your potty-mouth is a great way to get your Rep Privilages revoked, ...PERMANENTLY.

And on that note, have a *****, *****, sweet-*****, heckova great day!

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
The "ripped pants of awesomeness" is a pretty cool (and breezy) title. I really like the new titles for rep, they aren't as pretentious as the old ones, and therefore not as ego inflating. How many of the "pillars of the community" and "known and loved by all" actually were. By calling them "Hot Lava Death", it assigns a value, but not a status...directly.
Indeed, that is exactly the idea.

Also, on the CoN thing, I have to point out that if every single player in a game reps every single other player in the game, that is pretty much a textbook rep clique. So please don't do that. Or anything close to that. If you want to recognize one or two posts which were particularly awesome, sure, go ahead: that's what the system is there for. Anything beyond that seems dicey to me. If you have to go hunting around for posts to rep, that seems like a pretty clear indication that you're just trying to rep the person and not the post, which in turns tells you're probably doing something wrong. Not always (e.g. good traders), but 99.9% of the time.

Hope that helps clarify a bit.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/member.php?u=5

What's up with HEH? He's only got 3 bars, but he's A wielder of the Banhammer. Also, his title says Admin, but his name is sea green.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/member.php?u=5

What's up with HEH? He's only got 3 bars, but he's A wielder of the Banhammer. Also, his title says Admin, but his name is sea green.
I'm going to guess that HeH has relinquished his Admin position and the 3 bars reflect the amount fo rep he has received.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online