Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old April 23rd, 2020, 12:37 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2020 Roll Call

I have a feeling this will be the roll call:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
1. COVID-19
2. XXXXX
But seriously if Gencon goes "virtual" like Origins is, can we do Online Heroscape tournaments during then?
Old April 23rd, 2020, 05:58 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I have a feeling this will be the roll call:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
1. COVID-19
2. XXXXX
But seriously if Gencon goes "virtual" like Origins is, can we do Online Heroscape tournaments during then?
Considering we're getting close to 60 attendees for the online tournament I'm running this weekend, I think it's very possible...and having now prepped and soon to run it...it's totally possible on an even larger scale if we want to consider it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 25th, 2020, 04:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Considering we're getting close to 60 attendees for the online tournament I'm running this weekend, I think it's very possible...and having now prepped and soon to run it...it's totally possible on an even larger scale if we want to consider it.
I will not be attending GenCon this year thanks to lil' caps #3 arriving around then, but I might be able to participate in *this*.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 25th, 2020, 04:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grats caps!
Old April 27th, 2020, 07:26 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I will not be attending GenCon this year thanks to lil' caps #3 arriving around then, but I might be able to participate in *this*.
Congratulations, Capsocrates! That's awesome!

On a very important side note - I am very interested to see where this conversation goes. I think Sir Heroscape and those who helped him demonstrated that an online format could definitely be done. That is very appealing to me because I will almost certainly never attend GenCon (not from lack of desire - it sounds like a blast). But an online "GenCon" experience is something I could likely do (along with many other scapers like me who realistically will never make it to GenCon). Sounds like a great way to involve the entire community.

I'd love to know - are those of you who run GenCon considering an online format as a possibility if the actual convention is canceled?

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 27th, 2020, 07:34 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post

I'd love to know - are those of you who run GenCon considering an online format as a possibility if the actual convention is canceled?
The short answer is no.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; April 29th, 2020 at 06:40 PM. Reason: We’ll all be at Ken Con 2.0 and unavailable...
Old April 27th, 2020, 09:12 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Since the Online event with Discord went fairly smoothly I definitely think it can be extended to multiple tournaments in a row over the weekend, as long as more than one person does the set up and running of events. If Gencon is canceled others could take up the mantle of an online event, using some of the same events that were planned . Here is what I am thinking:
Thursday night event. Friday morning, afternoon, and evening (main) event. People who work M-F ~8-6 can take off work only Friday for events in morning and afternoon, or work and just do main event Friday. Saturday morning, afternoon (Day 2 main event and alt event for those who did not make Day 2) and evening event. If enough interest a Sunday afternoon or Wednesday night event, but I think 6 timeslots is enough an online tournaments.

I'd maybe help run but let us see what @Sir Heroscape and others say.
Old April 27th, 2020, 09:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lets keep this thread clear of clutter and stick with its original intention.
Old April 27th, 2020, 10:58 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Someone should update the thread to read Gencon 2021 roll call then :/ Sadly.

Online version sounds good, happen to know a crew who does this sort of thing...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 27th, 2020, 11:29 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

With enough interest and support, I'd totally be down to try and figure this out for a large scale event. I haven't talked with the other organizers of this last online event, but it went well enough I think we might try and do it at least 1 or 2 more times while we're in quarantine. If those continue to go smoothly, I don't see why we couldn't scale it appropriately.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 27th, 2020, 11:46 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Exactly.

Congratulations @capsocrates !
Old April 28th, 2020, 01:42 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Present

I blame dysole. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
. . .
9. Dysole

~Dysole, who still needs to make a couple arrangements but should be there barring something like a meteor
strike
And congrats, @caps !

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con