Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 12th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Negative Man (VOTE for Public Playtesting)

Honestly just don't think this is a design/character many people are invested in. Which is fine, not complaining at all, just might mean not as many eyes on it.
Old September 12th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I just forgot to come back and reorient and vote here. Tag me next time if it's been 24hrs and I haven't voted yet
Old September 12th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Honestly just don't think this is a design/character many people are invested in. Which is fine, not complaining at all, just might mean not as many eyes on it.
Maybe that's something that applies across the board. I guess Mister Freeze votes were fairly active. This might just be a result of the number of non-household names in the system at the moment.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 20th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Negative Man (Public Playtesting)

@Arch-vile thanks for signing up here! Can I ask you to note any points where he’s particularly fun/frustrating? This is a way more finicky unit than my others and I want to make sure he has a good feel.
Old September 20th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Will do! He looks pretty wacky. Anything special you want for the armies?
Old September 20th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Just A Head

Doom Patrol obviously, but their lack of OM efficiency atm makes them not quite optimal. That last Kang army was really effective, so maybe try something with him?
Old September 21st, 2019, 09:28 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Negative Man & Negative Spirit

Army Test
Map: A Couple Puddles
Units: Negative Man, Negative Spirit, Daredevil 1, Elektra (515) VS Ryu, Chun-Li, Mortal Kombat Scorpion (505)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Negative Man, Negative Spirit, Changeling, Kid Flash (475) VS Batman 1, Robin Jason, Nightwing 2 (470)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Negative Man, Negative Spirit, Changeling, Kid Flash (475) VS Batman 1, Robin Jason, Nightwing 2 (470)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I feel like Negative Spirit just doesn’t do much. He can get autowounds on people, but it’s tricky to roll for more than 1 figure and event then it’s not a great use of an order marker. He doesn’t tie people down since he can’t roll for engagement attacks, and Negative Man is so fragile that the enemy just ignores the Spirit and rushes Negative Man in the start zone. His range 2 attack of 4 is useful, but again it’s nothing special. I don’t own the Doom Patrol yet (or Kang, thanks for the suggestions though lol) so I didn’t try that synergy but that synergy is not very strong at the moment.

Honestly in spite of my seeming negativity, Negative Man/Spirit bring something unique to the game and they were very fun to play against as it required a unique strategy. I think giving Negative Spirit the ability to make leaving engagement attacks would go a long way for his usefulness. I don’t mind him being a lower cost figure as he really is quite unique and I think he’ll work very well with the increased OM efficiency that Chief should provide.
Old September 21st, 2019, 10:37 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw I'd be cool seeing Negative Spirit being able to take swipes.

Curious - is it thematic for Negative Spirit to be mind controlled?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 22nd, 2019, 05:06 PM
Just A Head

Thanks Archie! I’m honestly not feeling quite right about this guy yet. After playing Johnny Thunder and Thunderbolt (almost done, I promise!), I just felt like this pair feels a lot worse in comparison. I’m honestly just thinking of ditching the “can’t be destroyed” clause and just giving the Spirit a ton of life.

I honestly don’t know if the Spirit can be mind controlled. Maybe in the classics, but I’m betting nowadays they’d give an excuse about negative energy or his special bandages somehow blocking mind control. Maybe there’s a DP/Mento fight somewhere I can’t remember that has an answer for you.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 07:16 PM

Just wondering because if not might make sense for the Spirit to be an Event Hero. Wouldn't technically end all mind control, but it'd block any I can think of in a practical sense.

Old September 23rd, 2019, 02:57 PM
Archie

Quote:
Thanks Archie! I’m honestly not feeling quite right about this guy yet. After playing Johnny Thunder and Thunderbolt (almost done, I promise!), I just felt like this pair feels a lot worse in comparison. I’m honestly just thinking of ditching the “can’t be destroyed” clause and just giving the Spirit a ton of life.
I think just letting the spirit give disengagement strikes and/or increasing attack power somehow (increased attack or better odds for the autowound or something) would make him work. His only problem IMO is not being worth an OM. But that sounds like an interesting direction too if you're not happy with the current direction.

What about letting the Spirit be destroyed but also letting Negative Man bring him back infinitely? So the opponent can destroy the Spirit for temporary relief but he always comes back. Not sure if that's thematic or if it even solves the main problem here, but the idea just came to me.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 04:27 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
I think just letting the spirit give disengagement strikes and/or increasing attack power somehow (increased attack or better odds for the autowound or something) would make him work. His only problem IMO is not being worth an OM. But that sounds like an interesting direction too if you're not happy with the current direction.

What about letting the Spirit be destroyed but also letting Negative Man bring him back infinitely? So the opponent can destroy the Spirit for temporary relief but he always comes back. Not sure if that's thematic or if it even solves the main problem here, but the idea just came to me.
Yeah that’s how I’m thinking of doing it, just like JT&T. Having played them, it just feels much smoother than what I have going on here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library