Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old October 30th, 2010, 11:24 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Martial Arts

Well, I felt like sharing, since I'm excited, and you all are pretty much my "online family" anyway...

I've taken Tae Kwon Do for a few years now, and this afternoon is my test for black belt! All of the students who are candidates for black belt took a written test two weeks ago, but now is the actual physical test which they estimate will be over 4 hours. Hah, I'll be dead by the end, but it'll be worth it! I'm excited, it means a lot to me!

So, anyone else take martial arts? I know of a few people here who are black belt, but not too many.
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: Martial Arts

In about kindergarten through 3rd grade, I took karate. But then I quit. 'Scape was just so much more fun to me.

Good luck on your test!
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
In about kindergarten through 3rd grade, I took karate. But then I quit. 'Scape was just so much more fun to me.

Good luck on your test!
Well, as much fun as 'Scape is, there's no comparing the two. Martial arts is a way of life, 'Scape is a game. Which means it's really easy to have both.

I'm back from the test, which turned out to be SIX hours instead of 4. It was intense, but we all passed! Now we have a big show in two weeks, with the belt ceremony, and then a bunch of skits and entertainment. The school does that every year for the new black belts, but this show will be even bigger, since it's the 30th anniversary of the school
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:19 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

Good luck on your test!
Well, as much fun as 'Scape is, there's no comparing the two. Martial arts is a way of life, 'Scape is a way of life. Which means it's really easy to have both.

I'm back from the test, which turned out to be SIX hours instead of 4. It was intense, but we all passed! Now we have a big show in two weeks, with the belt ceremony, and then a bunch of skits and entertainment. The school does that every year for the new black belts, but this show will be even bigger, since it's the 30th anniversary of the school

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:28 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Sorry, but martial arts is a way of life, and has made me a better person. It means a lot to me.
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Sorry, but martial arts is a way of life, and has made me a better person. It means a lot to me.

Oh, I completely agree. Acting is the same way for me(Even to the point of it making me a better person).

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck on your test!
Well, as much fun as 'Scape is, there's no comparing the two. Martial arts is a way of life, 'Scape is a game. Which means it's really easy to have both.

Congrats! It must feel great to have all that under your (black) belt, and knowing that you can probably beat the crap out of quite a few people. You're now officially one of the most badass nerds on this site.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:33 PM
...has moist legs

Haha, thanks! It's real exciting, all right!

Though I'd have to say that kolakoski's much more badass than I.
Old October 31st, 2010, 10:19 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

It's one thing I always wished I would have stuck with, but sadly didn't. The school I went through was really unreasonable in price. They made you pay everytime you advanced and it got to the point they pushed people through just to get more money. If I get in the area of another school I'd would definetly try it again though.
Old October 31st, 2010, 11:56 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
It's one thing I always wished I would have stuck with, but sadly didn't. The school I went through was really unreasonable in price. They made you pay everytime you advanced and it got to the point they pushed people through just to get more money. If I get in the area of another school I'd would definetly try it again though.
Well, I think every school has a fee to advance. But it depends on the instructor. Teaching students really means a lot to my instructor, and he's also one to get out into the community at schools and such to teach about self-defense, and other life skills that kids need, and just a few weeks ago he did a few presentations on how to prevent bullying, for kids (Which I helped with, since the people who helped the first few times couldn't be there).

So yeah, it's sad when it's all about the money (Wish we could live without it ), but if you find the "right" place, everything just clicks!
Old October 31st, 2010, 12:53 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congratulations Lord Pyre! Black belt status in any discipline is an amazing achievement.
Old October 31st, 2010, 03:46 PM

AceofShadows is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Congrats! I'm still only a blue stipe in Taekwondo, but I'm slowly advancing. I also take Wing Chun, a form of kung fu popularized by Ip Man (There are three great movies of him). It's awesome to hear about your success man!

Ace

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General