Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 26th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament - March 5th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post
I really like treasure Glyphs. I mean... like really like. I mean like... sometimes I just play a version where I put random treasure glyphs face down and roll to see if I am injured. If I roll successfully I carry the treasure glyph with me all day knowing I could use my bracers to teleport anytime I choose.

@JSChild... are you saying there is a possibility of a VW being a prize at a future tournament???

EDIT: I just looked at Grishnack's thread on lava creation and it is awesome!
For the April one for sure - It's surprisingly easy - however, there will be no Obsidian Guards for it, it'll just be the terrain.

Do you want me to do Fire Isle or the other one?

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

One week away!
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:35 AM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Jschild...

Yep.. go with Fire Isles... Moltenclaw needs a helping hand... er claw.

Plus I want to see this custom lava in person!

Edit: I just looked at Sea Arch... looks good, and I will bring it!

Can someone explain to me why we need more maps than players to prevent too much duplication in a swiss tournament? Is there a size at which the number of maps can be equal to the need... without a single duplicate map needing to be played? For example... with 20 players... would 10 maps be sufficient to not have anyone play a match on the same map? Anybody handy enough with numbers to help me puzzle this out???

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."

Last edited by El Diabolo; February 28th, 2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:32 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sure, 10 maps means you won't repeat seeing a map...but it also means not everyone will have played on the same map an equal number of times either. That may or may not be an issue in your mind whether or not you're concerned about the concept of having everyone face equally the same hurdles and challenges unique to each map. Short of using nothing but BoV maps, you start to possibly creep even more into unbalance issues, with some maps favoring certain armies over others. Obviously that's going to happen anyway because that's part of the game design and the army strategies that evolve around it, but I would think it gets perpetuated even more when some armies never get to be played on half the maps being used at all.

Then again, the point I'm making above might be moot if our local community of players are somewhat limited in the kinds of maps they can bring in the first place.

Ideally, shouldn't it just be the number of matches played equals the number of distinct maps? So if we're having a five match tourney, we merely need to have whatever multiple of five is necessary to allow for the anticipated number of players that show up. In this example, assuming we get 20 participants, we'd need two of each of the five map types brought to the table for 10 maps total. The challenge with this, then, is picking maps that can be duplicated sufficiently not only because we're trying to accomodate all of our players, but because we know whether or not we have the required terrain tiles necessary to make enough maps in the first place.

Or am way off base here?

Edit: after re-reading this, I didn't make clear enough in the first paragraph that I was talking about ten distinct maps total as opposed to my last paragraph, which was ten maps arrived at by 5x2.

Last edited by Deroche; March 1st, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:53 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Braxas
4x GreenScales
------------------

This army is kind of interesting. In the expected match vs Nilfheim, Raelin, and GSW's you can ignore their boosted Warriors which is pretty nice.
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'm not math-y enough to figure it out, but I think just 1-2 extra maps should handle it.

And I will be bringing extra armies - 1 for each dragon... and I have no idea which one I'll be using.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:20 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Well, here is the map I'm bringing, hoping to get a version of it into BOV someday:

Hail and Brimstone Morazz Requires 1 SotM, 1 TT, 2 VW

Old March 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If my Auggie's order arrives on time, I'll have Lava (the same amount of terrain that came in the set) for a prize - if not, just picked up the Marvel set for $5 bucks, but I'm being selfish and keeping the terrain (almost half of it is going towards making another Lava set), but I'll be offering all the Marvel Heroes as a prize.

And Marcus - yell at me Friday night or early Saturday morning so I can bring you your Cap and Raelin finally. Sorry.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Greetings all!

We have an estimate of 20 attendees at the moment (due to a +2 that I am hesitant to add to my already large + list)

I have confirmations on only 4 maps! I can at best pull an extra two out of my back pocket, but I know we need at least 6 more!!!

This is going to be epic!

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Greetings all!

We have an estimate of 20 attendees at the moment (due to a +2 that I am hesitant to add to my already large + list)

I have confirmations on only 4 maps! I can at best pull an extra two out of my back pocket, but I know we need at least 6 more!!!

This is going to be epic!
Well, I can bring another map. Which should I bring?
Old March 1st, 2011, 10:32 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I can possibly bring another. If we don't have any by Sat. I'll look up a simple 1 RotV map to bring & build.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:17 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Let me go through my terrain...I can probably bring enough for three of the maps -- maybe four? -- as long as it doesn't involve tundra or jungle (I have one lava set).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events