Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:00 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Pestered in Westford 2 - February 19th (wrap-up= post 88 on)

Time: Setup starts at 8:00, games start at 10:30. Arrive around 10:00 so we can register you. We'll be playing until 4:30, at which point there will be cleanup, free pizza, and prize selection. Our reservation ends at 6:00.

Location: United Methodist Church in Westford, MA. [Directions.] You can park in the church parking lot. We are in the Fellowship Hall in the basement; the door is in the back.

Entry Fee: $10 and a prize for the prize table. The fee covers the cost of the room and pizza/drinks. At the conclusion of the tournament we will each select a prize in order of the tournament standings.

Format:
> 480 points
> No Marvel, customs, or proxies are allowed. Repaints are fine.

> Swiss style pairings
> 6 games, occuring on an hourly cycle
> If time runs out, you will finish your current round.
> To decide unfinished games, count your survived points.
- - BAAAAA answers
- - Fractional scoring, i.e. 2 Nakitas=80pts, 3-wounded Nilfheim=93pts. For each unit, round to the nearest whole number.
- - Point differential, which is the difference between your survived points and your opponent's survived points. The winner's number is positive while the loser's is negative.
> For final rankings, total point differential is the secondary qualifier after win-loss record.
> We will use Sisyphus' Tournament Director program to generate the random matchups and maps and keep track of the standings.

> Power glyphs will be turned up after all figures are placed but before the game starts. Glyph pool:
-Wannok (Wound)
-Gerda (Defense +1)
-Dagmar (Initiative +8)
-Valda (Move +2)
-Ulanlva (Unique Attack +1)
-Lodin (Lucky Twenty-Sider)
-Kelda (Healer)
-Oreld (Intercept Order)

Maps:
A. Swamp Thing by Browncoat
B. If you can't take the heat... by Dignan
C. Trespass by GameBear
D. Hot Heights by Jormi_Boced
E. Eggbeater by dok
F. Overgrown by Dignan
G. Tempered Flares by GameBear
H. Jagged Causeway by Dignan
I. Cross Trails by Darkmage7a
J. Quasatch Playground by mad_wookiee
K. Embattled Fen by GameBear
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
1. arp12
2. marroking1*
3. ollie*
4. Darkmage7a
5. Bengi*
6. I LIKE PI!
7. SuperEsenwein
8. Loborocket
9. Jimmy
10. Jotun's Blacksmith
11. tomcollins2000*
12. fil
13. Neo
14. Iamafignewton
15. Sniper Viper
16. Jotun's Blacksmith's friend
17. Cleon*
18. jaiden
19. jaiden's friend
20. star_hunter8
21. CHOMP!
*indicates maybe

Hope to see a lot of you there, haven't seen any of you since Gencon (for most it's been even longer).

Tournament Director: arp12 (August)
Master of Ceremonies: arpDad (Rick)
Glyph Maestro: Neo

Last edited by arp12; February 19th, 2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Pestered in Westford 2 - February 19th - MA

I might be able to come. What is the Point Total. Or are we supposed to suggest it. If so I like to play games anywhere between 400-560. 520 is my vote.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:16 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Right now I'm looking for suggestions for the point total. Hope you can make it.

I apologize if the first post ever looks messed up, because there's an issue where every time I edit, it automatically adds another return.

Edit: I figured out the problem. It adds another return to the return before any block of text containing an automatic list (like bullets). I'll just make the lists manually now.

Last edited by arp12; December 2nd, 2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:33 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Right now I'm looking for suggestions for the point total. Hope you can make it.

I apologize if the first post ever looks messed up, because there's an issue where every time I edit, it automatically adds another return.
I have that same problem. But I was thinking and Total CoN is the Weekend after this so if you put the total at 450 it would give me a chance to test out my army for that.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:36 PM
Silly Kid

I actually think it would be good to have a different point total from Totalcon. People will be using 450 point armies all that weekend, so another 450 point tournament would be superfluous.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Do we have a date and location?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Silly Kid

It's in the title. Feb 19th, 2011 is the date. Location is in Westford, MA.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:56 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Put me down as a maybe. I'm definitely doing TotalCon and I'm not sure I can manage two events (especially when one is as big a time commitment as TotalCon) in consecutive weeks.

What about 480pts? No particular reason, just my usual preference to be somewhere in the 440-520pt range.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
Silly Kid

I like that point range too. Repeating 480 would be fine; it would give another chance to people who want to play the same army again, or see if they can do better at that point total.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Put me down as a maybe, I have a better chance of making it to a gameday that weekend than on Totalcon's. Hooray for multiple events!

As for point total I like number that end with 5. For example a 520pt army can still be played at a 525pt tournament but it allows for just that little bit more variety in armies.
Old December 4th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Silly Kid

First post edited with current info. Let me know if anything confuses you.
Old December 4th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm interested, but with TotalCon the next weekend I'm not sure if I can make it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events