Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sonlen

I see what you mean, superfly; "unique" was added to the clarification when it was never originally part of the Dragon Heal power.

Updating to remove unique and uncommon to just say wounded hero.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 5th, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:42 PM

Joemanmax Woo who?

I just got done playing a game with him and he was definitely one of the key players in the game. I had gotten him into a somewhat protected area behind some ruins and he managed to kill 2 Tarns, 3 Minions, 2 Deathstalkers, Tornak, and a Drow Chainfighter before finally falling to the final deathstalker (it was a large game with a 1700 point total but still...). Honestly, I had a lot of luck and I know this plays into it, but still, he was able to take them all out single-handedly while somehow failing every single swoop roll I made. Of course, it did help that my opponent was busy attacking Q-10 and my Zettians (none of which died by the way)
Old June 30th, 2013, 09:25 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

I used this guy tonight in a 500 point game against my sister. (Who's no slouch at the game, let me tell you!) I managed to successfully heal once, and successfully auto kill a Death Stalker once. Sadly, he was swarmed by the KoW, and Sir Denrick, but he's still an awesome Hero. Once of the best, IMO...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:29 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sonlen
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 8th, 2021, 01:47 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Had great Sonlen games this weekend. 610 points, we did 2v2 Wandering Monster for the first game and 4 player a free-for-all Heat of Battle game for the second.

Knights feat. Super-Sonlen
Knights of Weston x3 210
Thorgrim 290
Eldgrim 370
Finn 400
Sonlen 560
Marro Warriors 610

This is my usual favorite Knight build where I typically run Krav Maga Agents at 550 points and spend the early game fighting with Knights & Vikings, then clean up with Super-Krav (Super-Marro as a backup plan). Since we had 60 extra points to work with I was thinking of using a different unique card that would be a powerhouse to put the +1 Def, +1 Atk, +1 Move on, and Sonlen caught my eye, with his amazing ability to heal, move, swoop, and attack.

Needless to say, he was amazing. Game 1, After all 3 of my viking spirits were on Sonlen and he came out to play, he was throwing an incredible 5 dice at 6 range, 6 with height!! Extra wounds were plentiful with the dragon swoop, and I probably healed enough that he probably had more like 14 life lol. I kept him in well-defended positions so I was also defending with a decent defense of 5 most of the time. Even in Game 2 where my opponents all knew to focus their efforts on Sonlen, Knights ran too good of a defensive screen, and before too long no unit could get close to my Archmage, and he cleaned up despite only having Finn's spirit game 2.

I have to say, after these games, Sonlen might be my favorite go-to unique for high point games. He just does SO much for one figure.
Old March 8th, 2021, 11:45 AM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

I think Sonlen is a fan-favorite of many scapers. I know he's always been one of mine. The problem has always been that he's just not that competitive unless you are rolling a hot d20. So I'm intrigued to hear that you may have found a niche where he's actually viable in a competitive setting. Two attacks per turn with one being low probability still seems iffy.

I wish there was a C3V that provided a boost to Sonlen or some type of bonding. He's such a cool figure.
Old March 8th, 2021, 01:50 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Tiamat - There are 3 C3V units that boost the D-20 of Sonlen's powers, all of these work well with Sonlen more than most other units:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar View Post
The Book of Sonlen
Synergy Benefits Received

ELARIA THE PALE : QUEEN OF THIEVES
As a Tricky figure, Sonlen may benefit from Elaria the Pale's 20-sided die enhancement.

HADUC : ELVEN SUPREMACY
As an Elf, Sonlen may benefit from Haduc's 20-sided die enhancement.

MYRDDIN : MYSTIC SACRIFICE
As a Medium Unique Hero, Sonlen may benefit from Myrddin's 20-sided die enhancement.
Also see my Competitive Unit Alter (CUA) version of Sonlen (flagrant self-promotion) with Evasive 1 added and changed from Archmage to Wizard to use in the Ulginesh/Emirroon "Elf Pod".
Old March 8th, 2021, 02:41 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

@lefton4ya I knew about the d20 boosts from C3V units, but none of them really do much to make Sonlen significantly more competitive. Your modified card on the other hand, would really bring Sonlen into the copetitive fray. I wish the community was more accepting of the CUC/CUA cards. We all know which units need the help (just look at the power rankings) and it's easy enough to give them a boost.
Old March 8th, 2021, 04:12 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

In the DFW Area, we would play with CUC cards mixed with C3V/SoV cards once a year and it worked pretty well. A lot of the CUC changes are quite good (the Einar Imperium IMO are particularly nasty with Evasive 2 tacked on to the price change). If you want to use the CUC changes, then I'd suggest pushing for using them at your local events (or running one yourself when it's safe to do so, of course).

It's worth noting that Arena of the Valkyrie, a community-led Master Set project, has had several ideas thrown around for some kind of Archmage synergy with an Illusion squad. Nothing has been set in stone there yet, but several members have expressed an interest in tying in Sonlen somehow, so it's worth keeping an eye on if you're wanting to see another use for him.
Old March 8th, 2021, 05:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Had great Sonlen games this weekend. 610 points, we did 2v2 Wandering Monster for the first game and 4 player a free-for-all Heat of Battle game for the second.

Knights feat. Super-Sonlen
Knights of Weston x3 210
Thorgrim 290
Eldgrim 370
Finn 400
Sonlen 560
Marro Warriors 610

This is my usual favorite Knight build where I typically run Krav Maga Agents at 550 points and spend the early game fighting with Knights & Vikings, then clean up with Super-Krav (Super-Marro as a backup plan). Since we had 60 extra points to work with I was thinking of using a different unique card that would be a powerhouse to put the +1 Def, +1 Atk, +1 Move on, and Sonlen caught my eye, with his amazing ability to heal, move, swoop, and attack.

Needless to say, he was amazing. Game 1, After all 3 of my viking spirits were on Sonlen and he came out to play, he was throwing an incredible 5 dice at 6 range, 6 with height!! Extra wounds were plentiful with the dragon swoop, and I probably healed enough that he probably had more like 14 life lol. I kept him in well-defended positions so I was also defending with a decent defense of 5 most of the time. Even in Game 2 where my opponents all knew to focus their efforts on Sonlen, Knights ran too good of a defensive screen, and before too long no unit could get close to my Archmage, and he cleaned up despite only having Finn's spirit game 2.

I have to say, after these games, Sonlen might be my favorite go-to unique for high point games. He just does SO much for one figure.
^This is why he's always been my favorite character AND my avatar for this site and my YouTube Channel. I've had too many good games with him for him not to be my favorite (many on the channel in fact).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units