Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old March 16th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Robot Workshop

Martian Manhunter.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay yeah, I was thinking there was a precedent of using Lava Resistant to represent people who shoot fire even if not all those characters did that. If that’s not true we should probably not treat Ice Resistance as people who shoot ice.

As another aside, the slight difference between the names of those 2 powers has always annoyed me. It’s just so close to being correct...
Old March 16th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I believe both were original classic powers.
Old March 16th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I know Lava Resistant is, I don’t believe Ice Resistance was though. I could very well be wrong.
Old March 16th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I know Lava Resistant is, I don’t believe Ice Resistance was though. I could very well be wrong.
Nah it looks like you were right. The never used a single Ice style power twice in the official stuff.
Old March 19th, 2019, 12:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't have any idea on the timeline here, but I'd venture a guess that T2 came out and someone currently working at Marvel, or would one day be hired by Marvel, thought the liquid metal idea was pretty awesome. They then pitched the idea of it as a comic book superpower, and it became so.
Old October 8th, 2019, 04:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

@CzarChasm , and anyone else who was interested in voting for the Terminator design in the next public design poll, we have an update for you to provide some input on. Since the last time you nomiated the Terminator design we started discussing it in the sanctum. I was thinking about just running it in house rather then wait for it to win a public vote. As that discussion heated up, we had 3 different factions pulling the design in three different directions and as a result we determined that one lunchbox design wasn't going to fit the bill here. One group wanted to be able to field an army of killer robots, one group wanted to field the "hunter" Terminator from T1 that was sent back in time to kill a specific target while blending in with the past, and one group wanted a re-programmed "protector" Terminator from T2 that worked more like a body guard. So what was one Terminator design has since morphed into 3 different card ideas.

I'll share where we last left the design at here in the public with you all now. Some issues like the name and secret identity are still trying to be worked out so that you can draft them all into the same army. We need CzarChasm to decide which one of the 3 card idea he wants for his nomination this round. The long term plan is to hopefully get all 3 done at some point, but we will only be doing one at a time, so pick which one most appeals to you for the first foray into this franchise.

Here is a 3 card approach for the T-800.

Shock Troops:

NAME = T-800
SECRET IDENTITY = none or SKYNET EXO-SKELETON

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = ?
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 170-180?

SYNCHRONIZED ASSAULT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a normal turn with this Skynet Exo-Skeleton, you may do one of the following:
- Take an immediate turn with this figure and one other Android Hero you control in which they may only move. If you do, both figures add 2 to their move. You may choose which figure to move first.
- Take an immediate turn with this figure and one other Android Hero you control in which they may only attack. If you do, both figures may add 1 to their normal attack. You may choose which figure attacks first.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, the Skynet Exo-Skeleton always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

This is the figure we are considering for the shock troop exo-skelton ones:

For the Arnold Terminator we were going to slightly modify this guy:

Bad guy "hunter" Terminator:

NAME = T-800
SECRET IDENTITY =
SKYNET TERMINATOR

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 190-210?

INFILTRATION MODEL

At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, you may roll a single combat die. If you roll a skull, you may move the Skynet Terminator up to four spaces and roll the die again. You may continue rolling and moving the Skynet Terminator until you do not roll a skull.

TERMINATION PROGRAMMING
At the start of the game, choose an opponent’s Unique Hero for Termination Programming. Immediately after the chosen Hero moves one or more spaces, you may move the Skynet Terminator up to two spaces.

UNSTOPPABLE RESILIENCE
If the Skynet Terminator would receive one or more wounds, ignore one of those wounds.

Good Guy "protector" Terminator:

NAME =
T-800
SECRET IDENTITY =
REPROGRAMMED TERMINATOR

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = DEVOTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 210-220?

PROTECTION PROGRAMMING
At the start of the game, choose another Medium or Small Unique Hero you control. Immediately after an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen Hero’s card, you may move the Reprogrammed Terminator up to four spaces.

AUTO SHOTGUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by this special attack. The Reprogrammed Terminator only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. The Reprogrammed Terminator cannot be affected by this special attack. When the Reprogrammed Terminator attacks with this special attack, it may attack one additional time.

UNSTOPPABLE RESILIENCE
If the Reprogrammed Terminator would receive one or more wounds, ignore one of those wounds.

Synchronize Assault is something I created for one of the IG-88 droids in HoSS, just adapted to fit here. Since they are uncommon heroes and most often seen in multiples, it seems like a good way to represent a group of them spreading out and attacking their foes as part of a larger programmed strategy. Haven't really looked at the list of current Androids they could work with in C3G yet to see if anything pops out as really good, but based on my testing of this power in HoSS where they could do the same thing with Soulborgs like Q9, I don't foresee there being a problem.
Old October 9th, 2019, 04:41 AM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker

Thank you for asking my opinion, I appreciate it.

When I was nominating the design I was envisaging an army of terminators slowly bulldozering (is that a word?) their way across the battlefield. So, without hesitation, I vote for the shock troops please.

I have a few ideas though, is it ok to share them here now or wait until the designs are being finalized?
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Share away! We definitely want to hear from you!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 9th, 2019, 12:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, your input is more than welcome! Your high interest in the original concept (which was quite old and covered in dust) was the catalysis for a great deal of renewed discussion and interest in where we should or could take the character. Nothing is really set in stone around here until it goes through the full process and becomes a card, even then we sometimes find we need to tweak things months or years later. I just won't be changing things once the voting starts up, that gives everyone a comfort level on the design direction they are voting for. Then after the voting ends, things can continue to evolve again until a design thread is started and the Initial Play Testing vote is called for. At that point the process stops for testing and only changes if needed based on testing feedback/results.

Oh, and bulldozered is a word in my book!

Last edited by Yodaking; October 9th, 2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:49 PM
C3G Landlord

For ease of linking I'll pull the uncommon version out.

Shock Troops:

NAME = T-800
SECRET IDENTITY = none or SKYNET EXO-SKELETON

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = ?
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 170-180?

SYNCHRONIZED ASSAULT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a normal turn with this Skynet Exo-Skeleton, you may do one of the following:
- Take an immediate turn with this figure and one other Android Hero you control in which they may only move. If you do, both figures add 2 to their move. You may choose which figure to move first.
- Take an immediate turn with this figure and one other Android Hero you control in which they may only attack. If you do, both figures may add 1 to their normal attack. You may choose which figure attacks first.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, the Skynet Exo-Skeleton always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

This is the figure we are considering for the shock troop exo-skelton ones:
Old October 9th, 2019, 02:49 PM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker

I'm not sure where to start, prob by saying that I really like all 3 designs and hope we see all 3 in the future.

In particular I really like "Termination Programme" and would like to see that become more generalized for the faction. Something like "whenever an opponent reveals a numbered order marker [B]all[B] Terminators may move 2 spaces." That would really give the feel of an army of relentless, unstoppable machines bulldozering (Yodaking said I can use that word) it's way across the battlefield.

I'm not a massive fan of "Synchronized Assault", moving 2 or attacking with 2 seems underwhelming to me. Could it be increased to moving any 2 and attacking with any 2 (even move any 1 and attack with any 1). I've played with the Daleks and thought they were great, these could work as a common squad of 2 as well but would prob need a defensive power to.

The bonding dosn't seem quite right either. I think it would be awesome if we could do Skynet at some point, some kind of edifice (like Marro hive), an event hero with big life, big defense that can bond with Terminators, build more and if it is destroyed all Terminators are also destroyed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy