Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 4th, 2019, 03:04 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: H101 customs. [Updated]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Okay, since you posted him in the other thread I’ll give you serious criticisms to make him as good as possible. You can ignore what I say, but I feel like listening would get you to a better place.

1) The miniature is not a good fit. I own the mini and it looks kind of silly, frankly. I think the Tony Stark, Inventor mini is a much better fit with the Outlaws we already have.

2) I’d also maybe rename him to something more human-sounding. An example would be William Dredd. That sounds like a cool Outlaw name.

3) His stats are too good still. Look at most of the humans in the game and you’ll see they’re weaker. Especially the Outlaws and Lawmen. I would give him something like 3 attack instead of 4 attack, and 3 or 4 life instead of 6 life.

4) Use the point calculator to get an idea of how much he should cost. I can help you with this if you ask.

5) Give him abilities that make him feel more like a wild west bad guy. I like that power I posted (Payment For Failure) but any power works that makes him feel more Devious. I can help you with that too if you ask.

6) Playtest! Once you get the design to a place where you are done changing it, playtest it a lot. You should be doing at least 5 playtest games to figure out the cost. If you do something like completely change the powers, you have to start all over again at 0.

7) Stay out of the 3FG and Pre-SoV threads. I think they need a break. If you need help deciding if it is okay to post in those threads, please ask me or somebody else first. The once a month limit sounds good to me.

I think that will help you get to a better spot. I hope that was not too much information. If you need help you can always ask me. Good luck, man.
1) Yeah, I do not think that miniature fits the bill. Stopped looking when I came to his miniature. It was the Crossbones miniature or another masked minature, because when it comes to a outlaw leader you may want a air of mystery.

2) Naming him something else like Wilson Dredd, but that might cause confusion, because someone will ask if there any relation to Judge Dredd. You do have cool outlaw names like, Garrett Burns and Josie Whistletop, but dropping the no relation with the C3G might help a little.

3) The 4 attack is from Fight the Law. Most humans are like 3 attack and defense. The outlaw faction is different than the lawman faction which have 2 attack and defense. An attack of 3 might be good for this card and 5 life like the other outlaws or something.

4) When it comes to the point value, I do not know what to do. Thanks, your not nobody, but somebody.

5) The (Payment for Failure) ability sounds good for a merciless, ruthless or vicious personality. Devious is the combination of two existing personalities like Tricky + Confident = Devious. Thanks for your help, you are a true friend.

6) Should start playtesting, but I do not have any of the miniatures, just the Crossbones with the minigun. Might need to do something like this, Game 1 : Playtest 1 or something. There won't be any more confusion, if I post my playtest at 1 when I change the card.

7) You may be right about taking a break from the 3FG and Pre-SoV threads. It comes to my mind I should consider the thoughts of others before I post, so may start posting within a month or something.
Old August 4th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
1) Yeah, I do not think that miniature fits the bill. Stopped looking when I came to his miniature. It was the Crossbones miniature or another masked minature, because when it comes to a outlaw leader you may want a air of mystery.

2) Naming him something else like Wilson Dredd, but that might cause confusion, because someone will ask if there any relation to Judge Dredd. You do have cool outlaw names like, Garrett Burns and Josie Whistletop, but dropping the no relation with the C3G might help a little.

3) The 4 attack is from Fight the Law. Most humans are like 3 attack and defense. The outlaw faction is different than the lawman faction which have 2 attack and defense. An attack of 3 might be good for this card and 5 life like the other outlaws or something.

4) When it comes to the point value, I do not know what to do. Thanks, your not nobody, but somebody.

5) The (Payment for Failure) ability sounds good for a merciless, ruthless or vicious personality. Devious is the combination of two existing personalities like Tricky + Confident = Devious. Thanks for your help, you are a true friend.

6) Should start playtesting, but I do not have any of the miniatures, just the Crossbones with the minigun. Might need to do something like this, Game 1 : Playtest 1 or something. There won't be any more confusion, if I post my playtest at 1 when I change the card.

7) You may be right about taking a break from the 3FG and Pre-SoV threads. It comes to my mind I should consider the thoughts of others before I post, so may start posting within a month or something.
1) In my opinion, the wild west theme is more important than the mystery theme. But that's a matter of taste I suppose. I do think the Tony Stark figure looks more like the other Outlaw figures though.

2) I do not think you have to worry about people getting him confused with Judge Dredd.

3) Those stats sound good. I don't think every Outlaw needs Fight The Law.

4) When you get the design where you don't think the powers and stats need more changes, I can help you with point cost.

5) If you want him to feel Tricky, we could think of some tricky abilities for him. What about tying people up with rope? That seems like a cool wild west bad guy thing to do.

6) You can use a miniature that you do have and just pretend it is this miniature. I do it all the time. I suggest getting your design to where it doesn't need many more changes before playtesting.

7) Like I said, just ask somebody if it is okay to post your custom there. But first, maybe just wait a month.
Old August 4th, 2019, 05:02 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I think that it would be fine to use Dredd as the last name. Plenty of designs reference something else, and it doesn't mean that he would have to be related to Judge Dredd at all.

If you don't like Dredd, then perhaps a different last name could work, similar to Garrett Burns and Josie Whistletop.

Quote:
I agree. 3 Attack and 5 Life sound pretty reasonable to me.

Quote:
I think that would definitely help. When you heavily change a card, it'd be good to playtest again so that you know how your changes impacted the design.

Also, remember that if one side wins by a large amount (such as without taking any wounds), then it might be an indicator that the unit was too strong and you need to increase the points a bit.
Old August 5th, 2019, 06:45 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

ROY DREDD

Spray & Pray 1/1
The figure used for this unit is Foolkiller from Marvel Heroclix Set. The name and model number is Foolkiller Deadpool and X-Force #003b.

I made some changes to the card again. The point value is 95, because he is a dps.
Old August 5th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks good!
Old August 8th, 2019, 12:15 AM

Re: H101 customs : Serena 8/7/2019

SERENA

Lethal Strike 1/1
The figure used for this unit is Elektra from Marvel Heroclix Set. The name and model number is Elektra Avengers Black and the Illuminati #003, #020 & #037. Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!
Hero Spotlight:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered
N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; November 23rd, 2023 at 07:37 PM.
Old August 11th, 2019, 03:48 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

That poison needle attack is crazy strong, even at 200 points. I would honestly have it deny dice only to squad members and would probably have it not affect soulborg for flavor (and for the fact they are mostly defense and 1 health). As it is, you can stroll up to another 200 point medium hero with high defense and have a solid chance of knocking them out in one roll.
Old August 11th, 2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
That poison needle attack is crazy strong, even at 200 points. I would honestly have it deny dice only to squad members and would probably have it not affect soulborg for flavor (and for the fact they are mostly defense and 1 health). As it is, you can stroll up to another 200 point medium hero with high defense and have a solid chance of knocking them out in one roll.
Your right about the special attack, but it will take the nostalgia of KOing a tank like charos in one hit. I might make it only effect squads and uncommon heroes with instant death. The only heroes unaffected by the Poison Needle Special Attack will be Unique heroes. You still can cause instant death to a Fen Hydra and other uncommons.
Old August 13th, 2019, 04:30 PM

SERENA CONNOUR

Lethal Strike 1/1
The figure used for this unit is Elektra from Marvel Heroclix Set. The name and model number isElektra Avengers Black and the Illuminati #003, #020 & #037.

Old August 13th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Just A Head

I’d reword it like;
Quote:
POISON NEEDLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Figures may roll a maximum of 1 defense die when defending against Poison Needle Special Attack. When using Poison Needle Special Attack, if you roll a skull on every die and the defending figure does not roll a shield, destroy the defending figure.
I’d also listen to what others have said and make it so Huge figures and Soulborgs are not affected, or something like that. It’s not fun for the other player is she can kill all their Deathwalkers or giant dragons that easily.
Old August 13th, 2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I’d reword it like;
Quote:
POISON NEEDLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Figures may roll a maximum of 1 defense die when defending against Poison Needle Special Attack. When using Poison Needle Special Attack, if you roll a skull on every die and the defending figure does not roll a shield, destroy the defending figure.
I’d also listen to what others have said and make it so Huge figures and Soulborgs are not affected, or something like that. It’s not fun for the other player is she can kill all their Deathwalkers or giant dragons that easily.
It is instant death to all except for soulborgs and destructible objects.
Old August 13th, 2019, 05:21 PM
Just A Head

When you playtest her, try to put her up against lots of non-Soulborgs who cost a lot of points (over 150) but have low life (6 or less life), as well as any units with very high defense. Even if she doesn’t get her auto-destroy, not allowing them to roll defense dice will be a powerful ability.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards