Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 1st, 2019, 05:31 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Gen Con 2019

I hope yes on the last one.......................................

he he

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 1st, 2019, 07:47 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Matthias- That last question is the only one worth answering, and we already know the answer.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old July 27th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

My scape stuff is all packed. I didn’t realized I owned that many Roman archers...

Looking forward to seeing most of you! I’m pretty stoked for the old man tourney. I’ve got all the Medicare flyers and AARP pamphlets ready to go. Also there’s a free colposcopy clinic for the winner.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 27th, 2019, 05:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I've got to pick my armies!! GenCon snuck up on me!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 29th, 2019, 10:30 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Last min but coming! Unfortunately I will be demoing for Restoration Games (co-founded by Rob Daviau of Heroscape fame) from 6-11 PM Thurs, Fri, Sat. - Dinosaur Tea Party, Fireball Island, Conspiracy, Downforce (visit me in Hall D if you have time)

Most the morning events are already sold out - ones I can do are
  • Thursday flex
  • Friday C3G (I'd do but have to borrow armies but would prefer to do HoB or Unique tournament if room)
  • Friday main event first 3 hours (I have to leave to Demo games)
  • Saturday Speed Scape (no way a team of me and friend will make finals)
  • Sunday team-up
Question - is it OK for either:
  • I only play first 3 games of main event. I will sign up last min as I don't want to take last ticket. But I have a feeling others will drop off after 3 or 4 games (if they loose 3 games) so might be OK to even up early games.
  • A friend who is coming (Austin who came with me last time) might only want to play 1/2 the tourney so he could take over for me.

Last edited by lefton4ya; July 29th, 2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old July 29th, 2019, 10:35 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Most the morning events are already sold out - ones I can do are
  • Thursday flex
  • Friday C3G (I'd do but have to borrow armies but would prefer to do HoB or Unique tournament if room)
  • Friday main event first 3 hours (I have to leave to Demo games)
  • Saturday Speed Scape (no way a team of me and friend will make finals)
  • Sunday team-up
Question - is it OK for either:
  • I only play first 3 games of main event. I will sign up last min as I don't want to take last ticket. But I have a feeling others will drop off after 3 or 4 games (if they loose 3 games) so might be OK to even up early games.
  • A friend who is coming (Austin who came with me last time) might only want to play 1/2 the tourney so he could take over for me.
We still have 9 tickets left for the main event and the truth is we can accomadate a few over that if need be. Why don't you both buy tickets for the main event even if you only play the first three rounds to help support Heroscape. Ticket sales drive the ability for us to continue to have events. I encourage you to get tickets for any events you plan on playing in even if you are only playing for the first 3 rounds.
Old July 29th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

LW, you would also agree that "dropping" is common and goes back to the earliest days of 'Scape tournaments at GC. Right? I've been reading about it on these boards forever. People want to play at the 'Con, but they can't stay the whole time because there's so much to do. This community, as far as I can recall, has always encouraged people to play as long as they can, and then drop (without shame!) when they wanted or needed to.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 29th, 2019, 11:06 AM

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
LW, you would also agree that "dropping" is common and goes back to the earliest days of 'Scape tournaments at GC. Right? I've been reading about it on these boards forever. People want to play at the 'Con, but they can't stay the whole time because there's so much to do. This community, as far as I can recall, has always encouraged people to play as long as they can, and then drop (without shame!) when they wanted or needed to.
We are hoping that with the 6 rounds that people stay around longer....you can lose at least 2 games and still make day 2.

I would like people to play out events until the end, but it isn't a big deal when people drop. My hope is that people are playing Heroscape because they love the game and not always just to win a tournament, but I completely get it when there are conflicts.

My highest priority is for us to keep being able to offer Heroscape events at Gencon. This is directly related to the number of tickets we sell so therein lies my motivation. Now go buy more tickets!!!!
Old July 29th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I just did. Brad is now in for Assassin’s Creed and Alliance Wars.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 29th, 2019, 11:48 AM

Both Take 2 and HoTB Unique have sold out for Friday at 10AM, but the C3G tournament only has 1 entry. Since we only have 1 player, we will have more space for the other 2 tournaments. If you are interested in those first two tournaments and don't have a ticket, please show up with generic tickets(4 - total $8 ) and an army and we will get you in!

Orange Mailman - you are good here.
Old July 29th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Still got a shot at second place.
See you soon.
Old July 29th, 2019, 12:28 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Ok - will do. Only think is he may not want to do whole tournament either (he's not that experienced) so thought of splitting it - but I'll convince him to do even if neither of us will in we'll have fun. I'll buy a ticket for the C3G tourney and will play if someone provides the army, or otherwise slide into other event that slot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con