Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 1st, 2009, 01:28 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Collection Guide 2: Quantities

I agree with pretty much everything here. If you need more of a particular squad for a tournament or something, you should have no trouble borrowing what you need.

Excellent list - Gladiatrons, Blastatrons, Drones, Greeks & Vipers and Ashigaru keep me from "the zone". Of course, I've made up for them by buying extra SotM, and 5 packs each of Mass/Anubians and 10th/Badru

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:51 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Collection Guide 2: Quantities

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgame View Post
Thanks for all the work. This is one of the first threads I found on this site and I have used it significantly to help me with my purchases. Even made a spreadsheet showing Want, Have, Need. As a noob I even learned a lot from reading through the post. Thanks again.

Thanks for the compliments. That summarizes my goals when I first started this project.

When I first started out I really had no idea what I should get or how much of it. I spent countless hours reading and researching all the different figures and understanding the motives of why you would want certain things. This thread is meant to summarize a lot information into a fairly compact source of useful information.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.

Last edited by Toad Rocket; June 1st, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:04 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Collection Guide 2: Quantities (Updated with D1)

Alright, now that the hype for D1 has settled down I have decided to update the information on page one. I still might change the numbers as it is fairly early still.

I will spare you the bother of checking out the first page and scrolling to the bottom by posting the updates as follows:

The next series are from the new Dungeon and Dragon themed releases. It is worth noting that the new packs are not the standard two squad packs. Rather, they consist of Uncommon Heroes (same as a Unique Hero but you are allowed more than one in your army) and resurgence in Common Heroes along with the stand Common Squads.

Wave D1:Champions of the Forgotten Realms
Gluan Bog Raiders: 2-3
Consists of the Greater Ice Elemental, Drow Chainfighter and the Greenscale Warriors. The Greater Ice Elemental is an Uncommon Hero that isfairly terrain dependant to maximize his abilities, but the terrain he needs is fairly common (Water, Ice, Snow, Swamp Water). He is a pretty good unit with a good bag of tricks. I can see having one in your army, but having more than one is a bit of a stretch. Next is the Drow Chain Fighter, who is a good little filler unit that can move opponent figures. Finally you have the Greenscale Warriors who can bond with dragons. Without their dragon champion they are an underpowered squad, so ideally you want them to last about as long as your dragon will. Typically two or three squad will suffice.

Fury of the Primordials: 3
Consists of the Wyvern, Water Elemental, Air Elemental, Fire Elemental and Water Elemental. The Wyvern is the Uncommon Hero for this pack. It is a pretty good unit that can bond with the Fyorlag Spiders that came from the Ticalla Jungle terrain pack. The rest of the units are all common heroes. While by themselves they common heroes are not so great, however, you will want to get some of them in antcipation of the Hero Kurrock coming out in Wave D2 that will unify these units much like Kato Katsuro does the Samurai/Ashigaru. You will probably want three packs to maximize their usefullness down the road. There has been some talk of getting ten Fire Elementals for your army, but if you plan to do that find a way just to buy them individually them as nothing else in this pack is worth having that many.

Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen:2-4
Consists of the Fen Hydra, Sahuagin Raider, and the Phantom Knights. The Fen Hydra is the Uncommon Hero for this pack and is the most offensively powerful Uncommon Hero we have seen so far. Having armies built around several of these units can be very good. The Sahuagin Raider is another nice Common Hero filler type unit. The Phantom Knights are a great anti-range squad that should be a nice addition to any army.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Last edited by Toad Rocket; June 1st, 2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:19 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

The 4th Mass info is slightly off. I have seen builds with 6x 4th but do not recall seeing any with 7x 4th Mass.
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
The 4th Mass info is slightly off. I have seen builds with 6x 4th but do not recall seeing any with 7x 4th Mass.
I just played against one tonight......
Old April 20th, 2010, 10:50 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
I just played against one tonight......
You would need to lift the restriction on 24 space starting limit for this to happen, so this wouldn't work in almost all tournaments although house games/scenarios could be a go. There are tournaments with more than 24 starting spaces but usually they have restrictions on # of each common squad (especially A+) or are "Embrace the Suck" type.
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

This is very helpful! But I disagree with ur statement about nothing being as useful in Fury of the Primordials as the Fire Elemental, I think the Water Elemental is much better.
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:37 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
This is very helpful! But I disagree with ur statement about nothing being as useful in Fury of the Primordials as the Fire Elemental, I think the Water Elemental is much better.
I concur! Who doesn't use water on their maps? If it's there, the water elemental goes faster and plays tougher than any of the elementals and the more water, the better. Great hit-and-run type of unit and possibly surprise attacker. A large part of that happens to be its range.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I concur! Who doesn't use water on their maps? If it's there, the water elemental goes faster and plays tougher than any of the elementals and the more water, the better. Great hit-and-run type of unit and possibly surprise attacker. A large part of that happens to be its range.
Exactly, he's the only one with range!
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:50 PM

deathinc is surprisingly tart

I was wondering if the forum mods would consider stickying this thread. It will obviously evolve as the expansions come out, and has been a really good resource for me in my collecting. I refer to it fairly regularly.

Thanks

Successful Trades with: J4Jandar (multiple trades), Carnival Man, Draconious, Porkins, KCU Master 2007, 'Scaper94, -KTZ-XXleprecaunXX, Melwing17
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:31 PM

Just a few comments in response to some of the points posted.

In regards to the 4th Line. I mentioned that it has been known that some people used 7 squads for these in tourneys. I agree that 7 squads is uncommon and has to be at a tourney with different rules. Though the recommended quantity is three to five squads which I think is still ok. However, maybe I should change that '7' into a '6' as I do agree with the point of the argument. Should the recommend quantity be 3-6 in light of this?

In regards to the Elementals. The newer packs are a little harder to judge because we have only had them for a short period of time. I still think three packs should satisfy alomst everyone. Maybe 3-4 packs? Not sure yet. The comment on the Fire Elemental being more popular is based solely on the 'Firestorm' army that has been theoryscaped a lot over the forums. That Firestorm army had up to 10 Fire elementals in it. Not sure why you would want 10 water,air,earth or wyverns. Hence my comment about it. Individually the way they are now I also tend to agree that the Fire guy is not the best one, I would consider Water better.

edit: I am also thinking in putting a comment in the terrain/large expansions about the lack availbility on some them.

Good Trades I have had.

Last edited by Toad Rocket; June 1st, 2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is a great resource for newer players, and a great read for the rest of us! It should definitely be stickied to the top of the forum! For years (like, all the way through wave 6) my friends and I were only acquiring 2x each of the common packs (except for Drones/Minions), but have since been going back and filling out the collection to build larger armies based upon the common squads.

Oh, and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
The Deathstalkers are a midrange unit that you happen to get when you go buy your Blastatrons.

Last edited by nate the dawg; December 16th, 2010 at 12:03 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units