Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old September 24th, 2019, 10:52 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Looks great; condenses things but in a good way. Good show!

Old September 25th, 2019, 10:25 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Looks great; condenses things but in a good way. Good show!
Yes, the condensed version is growing on me.
Next is to playtest to pin down its Points. I arbitrarily lowered it by 40 to account for the removal of regen, but he may be even cheaper.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 28th, 2019, 12:25 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Apologies again, real life struck once more. I got a promotion at work and have pulled 66 hours per week the last 2 week's. Just got a new router though, hoping to catch up on the cards this weekend.

That being said I like the condensed version as well.
Old October 7th, 2019, 08:58 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I expect to playtest before Friday to confirm stats/wording.

I'm still not sold on Tricky Wit Defense - mainly because the name isn't a reference to the series.

Old October 13th, 2019, 05:27 PM

Thumbs up Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

After playing a few practice games, JoJo holds up. His points are right due to his durability and ranged/special counter attack.

Disengage is deceptively strong with him. It allows him to dominate positioning.

He works well, I'm still not sold on the name "Tricky Wit Defense" but that's not stopping me from moving this to vote:

With my ThumbsUp, two more thumbs progress this card design to the books.

@CJtheMighty you're next.
@Barry allen you're on deck.

Old October 13th, 2019, 08:59 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Yea

Old October 13th, 2019, 11:49 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What about just Tricky Defense
Old October 14th, 2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
What about just Tricky Defense
My design philosophy: The more complicated the power, the more unique it should be.

Tricky Defense should be reserved for a more vanilla power.

Tricky Wit Defense has a good enough ring, but preference would be a show reference, a phrase.

Sleight Of Hand Genius, etc

Also, to be the stickler, thumbs must be emojis

Old October 15th, 2019, 07:29 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

I believe I stepped awa...know what, I'm back. I'll get to thinking on it.

I also propose a slight change to Tricky Wit Defense, whatever it's name ends up becoming.

"Reveal the next Order Marker on the Army Card of the attacking figure" -> "Reveal an/all Order Marker/s on the Army Card of the attacking figure" As thematic as "next" is, it isn't seen in classic scape iirc, being that players aren't required to order their order markers. It's been a while since I read the rules, please correct me if I'm wrong.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old October 16th, 2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
I believe I stepped awa...know what, I'm back. I'll get to thinking on it.

I also propose a slight change to Tricky Wit Defense, whatever it's name ends up becoming.

"Reveal the next Order Marker on the Army Card of the attacking figure" -> "Reveal an/all Order Marker/s on the Army Card of the attacking figure" As thematic as "next" is, it isn't seen in classic scape iirc, being that players aren't required to order their order markers. It's been a while since I read the rules, please correct me if I'm wrong.
It's indeed not in classic 'scape yet. It's a bend of AotP wording, but also a reference to the source material of this figure, so maaybe it gets a pass?
Edit: found a way?

• A player of your choice reveals their lowest numbered unrevealed order marker.

Last edited by Confred; October 16th, 2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old October 17th, 2019, 02:20 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thread is absurdly long. Any list of finished figures/ cards? I grew up as a reader - anything from Eragon, Ranger's Apprentice, LOTR? That'd be dope
Old October 17th, 2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
This thread is absurdly long. Any list of finished figures/ cards? I grew up as a reader - anything from Eragon, Ranger's Apprentice, LOTR? That'd be dope
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54243

And feel free to join the discussion

And and, if you want, I could add you to the designers rotation.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum