Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old January 29th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Official Site Question Dump

Thanks!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 11th, 2017, 07:43 AM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

Hi, and I know this is a bit dumb, and it may have already been asked, but, why can I only reply to things? I want to share some customs I made/get feedback, but I can't find a button to let me start a new thread. Is that something unlocked over time, or am I just bad at finding buttons?

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 11th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfScape View Post
Hi, and I know this is a bit dumb, and it may have already been asked, but, why can I only reply to things? I want to share some customs I made/get feedback, but I can't find a button to let me start a new thread. Is that something unlocked over time, or am I just bad at finding buttons?
Welcome aboard, Wolfscape.

To create a new thread/topic, go to the appropriate subforum for your discussion. For instance, here we are in the Scapers Online subforum. Above the list of threads in that subforum, you should see the New Thread button:

Good luck, happy Scaping and here's to your first new topic
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:36 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

I'm having some trouble with the search function... by which I mean I 100% don't understand the search function.

I tried to search for 'Tor-Kul-Na' the other day, just to see if there were any threads with advice on how to use him in an effective lower point army, and I got 0 results.

I have also tried to use it to search for 'England', 'UK' 'U.K.' and 'United Kingdom' to try and find ANYTHING going on this side of the pond... and got 0 results. (Surely I should have found at least the 1 other player that I KNOW has 'United Kingdom' as their location?

How do I find threads using the search function?
Can it also be used to find players?

Thanks

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:56 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Few Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman1666 View Post
I'm having some trouble with the search function... by which I mean I 100% don't understand the search function.

I tried to search for 'Tor-Kul-Na' the other day, just to see if there were any threads with advice on how to use him in an effective lower point army, and I got 0 results.

I have also tried to use it to search for 'England', 'UK' 'U.K.' and 'United Kingdom' to try and find ANYTHING going on this side of the pond... and got 0 results. (Surely I should have found at least the 1 other player that I KNOW has 'United Kingdom' as their location?

How do I find threads using the search function?
Can it also be used to find players?

Thanks
So, the search function here currently ignores anything under 4 characters because of the underlying code.

Why it failed on Tor-Kul-Na utterly baffles me (other searches with hyphens worked just fine). I did find some results for TorKulNa.

I couldn't find anything in the Events section regarding the UK (which admittedly doesn't surprise me, since it's my understanding that outside of the US, this game is super uncommon). I was able to dig this up, but it's SUPER old and it looks like you already found it.

I know that's not super helpful, but that's about the best insight I can give you.

~Dysole, hoping she can help with other specific questions

EDIT: This might be more helpful as it's a bit more recent
Old February 14th, 2017, 05:19 AM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks Dysole - Is there a way I can search for players by their location, and if I do so will it ignore 'UK' but accept 'United Kingdom' because of this underlying code? I've already flicked through all the threads relating to my country, and was hoping to just check registered players from this neck of the woods and when they last posted

Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old February 14th, 2017, 02:52 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Whattya Know

I found this.

~Dysole, who feels like she can find almost anything on the interwebs eventually
Old February 14th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

It should be noted, though, that since users are allowed to list anything as their location in whatever formula they want, searching is somewhat unreliable. I, for example, come up on a search for United Kingdom - you, however, do not, since you do not put the words 'United Kingdom' in your location, instead listing it as England.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 15th, 2017, 02:58 AM

Thanks for the resource, Dysole it's very helpful.

Lazy Orang, you raise an excellent point, I'll be sure to search under both terms. The whole 'countries inside of a country' thing is strange... heck I should probably search for Wales too, that's nearer to me than the south coast or Scottish border parts of England.

Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Does this not work for searching by location? In the past I've used it to find people in my same state to invite them to a tourney.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Does this not work for searching by location? In the past I've used it to find people in my same state to invite them to a tourney.
That's..... exactly what Dysole posted, and yes, it works fine. I was just pointing out it will only look for specific words that the user has chosen to list in their location rather than extrapolating - so, for example, a search for United Kingdom wouldn't find Oman as he lists his location as England, etc.. Add to that that there are a number of people who use abbreviations, don't list a location or use their location listing as an opportunity for a joke (can't remember who, but I'm fairly sure someone's location is listed as 'Behind you'), it can get more tricky.
But yeah - not sure why you felt the need to post that when Dysole already had.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:56 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
That's..... exactly what Dysole posted, and yes, it works fine. I was just pointing out it will only look for specific words that the user has chosen to list in their location rather than extrapolating - so, for example, a search for United Kingdom wouldn't find Oman as he lists his location as England, etc.. Add to that that there are a number of people who use abbreviations, don't list a location or use their location listing as an opportunity for a joke (can't remember who, but I'm fairly sure someone's location is listed as 'Behind you'), it can get more tricky.
But yeah - not sure why you felt the need to post that when Dysole already had.
The phrasing of Dysole's post made me think it was a link to a thread; I didn't click on it. My bad.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online