Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you currently play D&D?
every now and then / when i can get someone else to play 7 25.00%
no 13 46.43%
yes 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 27th, 2006, 06:29 PM

D-Dyzzle has disabled reputation
D&D Discussion Thread

I just recently became obsessed with dnd (dungeons and dragons for those who dont know). and i really like it.

anyone share this love?

so far im a level 3 human rouge. im a noob
Old September 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Re: D&D Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dyzzle
I just recently became obsessed with dnd (dungeons and dragons for those who dont know). and i really like it.

anyone share this love?

I was a big D&D fan back in the 80s. It is a great game and RPGing in general is a lot of fun.

Good luck!
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:46 PM

pheonixq has disabled reputation
Re: D&D Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dyzzle

anyone share this love?

I started playing in college and am still going. I went to Gen Con last year because of roleplaying and found HS while I was there.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

He didn't fall? Inconceivable!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:55 PM

StarSlayer has disabled reputation
Been playing since the mid 80's. I love to play but just can't find the time to commit to it every week. If I could find about 4 other players, who could commit to every saturday, well that would make me get back into it.

Our last group broke up about 2 years ago. At that time the brute I was playing was a level 10 Lycanthrope. Lots of fun with him. Class was custom War Priest.

Old September 28th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I played a lot during the 70's and 80's, but dropped it when they started the match Games Workshop business plan of revising the rules every few years to force new purchases. Haven't played in decades (at least not in this millenia) ... I prefer HeroQuest for a quick throw together game; or WarhammerQuest for DM-less adventuring.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 28th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I started playing right around when 2nd Edition AD&D came out. My first character was a Human Cavalier. We played on virtually a daily basis in high school. We'd hang out in the library (until we'd get kicked out) playing during lunch and any assemblies we could legitimately get out of. Then we'd gather at the DM's house on Saturdays for a few hours. I was lucky with a great first group (I'll forget the one clueless guy). I've never seen anywhere near as good. Most of the groups I've seen or heard of since have been like all the bad qualities of Knights of the Dinner Table.
Old September 28th, 2006, 08:23 AM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
I and a group of friends played 2nd edition for several years in the late 80s early 90s. Loved the game, a ton of fun. It was still a "real game" when most other rpgs started following the trend of turning into "rules lite let's play pretend" sessions. But I'm probably one of a very small minority that prefers a good hack & slash & loot session to sitting around and "acting out a fantasy with my friends." But to its credit, DnD can do either one effectively.
Just recently, I have been considering purchasing the new Basic Game boxed set to try to introduce my kids to the game.
Old September 28th, 2006, 08:32 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I played for a little over 10 years- 2E, 3E, and 3.5. I'd agree with Malechi except that the 3E rules were a VAST improvement over the former system. D20 is far and away easier, more robust, and more flexible.

Favorite character: Human Sorceror 15

Favorite munchkin: Ogre Fighter 11

Highest Level Character played from 1st: Half-Dragon Psion 20
Old September 28th, 2006, 09:17 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
In a campaign right now. We started at lvl 10. I'm a changeling rogue(10)/beguiler(1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
WarhammerQuest for DM-less adventuring.
/woot!

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old September 28th, 2006, 09:43 AM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
I played for a little over 10 years- 2E, 3E, and 3.5. I'd agree with Malechi except that the 3E rules were a VAST improvement over the former system. D20 is far and away easier, more robust, and more flexible.
How does D20 compare with 2nd Edition AD&D? I've personally never even browsed through a 3E book.

Quote:
Favorite character: Human Sorceror 15

Favorite munchkin: Ogre Fighter 11

Highest Level Character played from 1st: Half-Dragon Psion 20
Our DM had a module where we all started out as nobodys at 0 level. Amazingly, we all managed to keep our characters alive and progressed to some pretty high levels. Until, long after our DM moved away, he came back on a visit to run one last game with us and our old characters. He had unfortunately designed the game for no other reason than to kill us off.
All I can remember of my character is that his name was Marik, he was from a small island town called Highport, and at some point he aquired a wicked cool Flametongue sword...
Old September 28th, 2006, 10:19 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
3E (now 3.5) differs in innumerable ways. Most of your sacred cows are still there, but the system is vastly more intuitive than 2E. No complicated charts or entirely seperate methodoligies between classes. The same concepts apply if you're a fighter, rogue, or wizard. The 'feat' system gives you infinite flexibility which is augmented by the 'presige class' system.

Don't like rangers? Don't use em. Don't like magic? No problem. Want to use feats from 8 books, prestige classes from 4, a custom monster race and design your own spells? You can do that too.

It's a system built from the bottom up. Truly genius.
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:14 AM

deehizzle has disabled reputation
I used to love AD&D back when I could actually find people that wanted to play. I'm 24 years old now and it's VERY tough to find people that are still interested in AD&D, but it's definately a great game as long as you have a good DM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games