Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 16th, 2009, 07:46 PM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!
STC 20 discussion thread.

Hello all.

The plan is to get the official STC 20 up and rolling by this weekend. Most of you should be on springbreak and it would give us all something to work on.

The contest will run through April giving everyone about 5 weeks to work on it.

We had a really good turn out last time with the simple rules laid out and I feel the majority would like to continue something along those lines.

A few thoughts here:
Another 7 hex like the one we just had.
3 Hex?
2 Hex?
1 hex?

What about limiting it to 3 total hexes, where you could have 3 x 1 hexes or 1 x 1 hex and a 2 hex, or just a 3 hex. This allows for a little more leeway on creativity

alright the floor is yours. You have until this weekend to plead your case on what the next contest will be.

Cheers
leif
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:45 PM

JakeAndy has disabled reputation
Re: STC 20 discussion thread.

Sounds good. When is the date we have to have the project finished by? If you know.
JakeAndy

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller
JakeAndy's Custom Terrain
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:51 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Well since I missed the last 7 hex limit in CTC19 I wouldn't mind seeing another one sometime soon. Of course a 3 hex limit would (or generally should) mean less total construction time. I could go either way...I suppose one of the first things to decided along with hex size is will there be a fixed theme or not?

I think we have three initial choices:

A) a 7 hex base with a fixed theme
B) 3 hexes without a theme
C) neither of the above suggestions, try again Carney

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:02 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Thumbs up Re: STC 20 discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Kicker View Post
Hello all. What about limiting it to 3 total hexes, where* you could have 3 x 1 hexes or 1 x 1 hex and a 2 hex, or just a 3 hex. This allows for a little more leeway on creativity
I think that is a perfect idea....
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:42 PM

Bill Sykes Woo who?

Hmmm... I'd like something along the lines of a 7-hexer w/ theme, or maybe a 3 hexer w/ theme. Themes are fun! : D

Smilyvillle is being taken over! IT'S THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

Luckily, a resistance has been formed.
Old March 17th, 2009, 12:03 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Cool Re: STC 20 discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sykes View Post
Hmmm... I'd like something along the lines of a 7-hexer w/ theme, or maybe a 3 hexer w/ theme. Themes are fun! : D
Yes, I agree "themes are fun", but..Leif isn't saying you can't have a theme....Everyone can use their imagination and make their own theme....Just be creative and everyone can have their personal individualized theme....
Contest 19 was the first I entered, and I did so because the theme was open....I can't speak for everyone, but if the theme is something lame like a "tree" or "general's camp", I wouldn't participate because it cuts into the artistic freedom of customizing terrain....
Old March 17th, 2009, 10:31 AM

Zyelos is surprisingly tart

Wow, the big 2, 0.... Personally I realy enjoyed the open theme with the hex base limitation. Therefore I'd have to say my sudgestion for STC-20 would be to create your own "terrain expansion set" By set I mean there should be at least three or more pieces themed together with a combined base of 20 hexes.
An example of what Im talking about would be if you were to make a graveyard set consisting of a 3-hex gate, a 8-hex mauselim, a 3-hex dead tree, and six 1-hex gravestones. That makes for a total of nine pieces and a combined base of twenty hexes.
In any case a contest like this should be fun, an with the combination of spring break and the upcoming easter vacation, theres plenty of time to put your artistic freedom to work.
Old March 17th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

<Waves> Oooh OOOh Mr. Kott-air
Can we have 4 Hexes? 4x1, 2x2, or 1+3?

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old March 17th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyelos View Post
Wow, the big 2, 0.... Personally I realy enjoyed the open theme with the hex base limitation. Therefore I'd have to say my sudgestion for STC-20 would be to create your own "terrain expansion set" By set I mean there should be at least three or more pieces themed together with a combined base of 20 hexes.
An example of what Im talking about would be if you were to make a graveyard set consisting of a 3-hex gate, a 8-hex mauselim, a 3-hex dead tree, and six 1-hex gravestones. That makes for a total of nine pieces and a combined base of twenty hexes.
In any case a contest like this should be fun, an with the combination of spring break and the upcoming easter vacation, theres plenty of time to put your artistic freedom to work.
I like this idea.
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

I like the idea of a terrain expansion pack.

9-12hexes for objects and 20 normal hexes as land.

I wouldnt want to do a grave yard, but if you made it open for anything I would do it.

Great idea Zyelos

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old March 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

hrmm, I like this as well.
Old March 17th, 2009, 07:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Not sure if I will be able to enter this one regaudless, but I really like this idea of a themed set. If not used for this one, maybe for #21.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles