Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
NM24 - Discussion thread

I have an idea...

With summer right around the corner and the incoming of a few new custom creators to our circle, let's see if we can get things cranking over here in Comic Hero Custom Creations land.

My idea is called the No More than 24 (hours) thread.

The purpose of the thread is to create a workable directory of customs that have not been TNTd, but are certainly ready for casual play; close to balanced and no gaping verbage holes.

The process would be completed in 24 hours or less (hense the name). A card would be presented and then critiqued, massaged, proofread, etc. until three participants, not including the creator, felt it was "playable". A simple will work fine, no need for a custom NM24 smilie.

The only rules would be...
1. You cannot nominate your own card.
2. All processes must be complete in 24 hours. If there is not 3 thumbs up in 24 hours, another card is nominated and we move on.
3. If the process completes in under 24 hours, immediately start the next process.

For this to work, there will need to be buy in from the Comic Hero Custom Creator community. What does that mean?

1. We will need someone to volunteer to update the NM24 display thread. (Very similar to what Pochoman has very graciously provided for us in the custom cards threads. BTW, rep headed your way...)
2. We will need the thread to be an "everytime you visit the site" kind of thread. I didn't say everyday because we do have lives and all. But if you are a nominator or nominatee, you will need to commit to flying by the thread at least a few times a day during those periods.
3. Before nominating a card, you will need to PM the creator to make sure that they will be able to be on the site for the next two days (see above).
4. Last but not least, you will have to believe that this can work.

Thoughts????

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old June 5th, 2008, 10:29 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Re: NM24 - Discussion thread

I can commit to reviewing, but not to updating the thread. Nice idea!
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the idea, but in the past whenever we've put the stipulation that you can't nominate your own card, everything seems to stop after the first few reviews. Most people are most excited about their own cards, so you'd probably get more of them reviewed and approved if you allowed people to nominate their own.

What is the reason you want to avoid people nominating their own?
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:48 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
What is the reason you want to avoid people nominating their own?
I guess for nothing else other than to provide an order. I don't want to use a list like the TNT thread where people are signed up long before anything ever happens. It is very disheartening, to me, to see that we have to slog through x amount of TNTs before anymore TNTs can even be thought of.

For creators like you and IAmBatman, it might be near impossible after a while for you guys not to nominate your own card. More than anything, when possible, it should be a guideline.

If nothing else, the nominating of other's cards acts as a public recognition. I have a lot of cards (nearing 400 ) that I would like to plow through, but rather than have a handful of different threads all trying to do the same thing at the same time, I thought we could communially "share the wealth".

Old June 5th, 2008, 02:34 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey UPC, I'm all for this idea. I'll definately be around more to comment and help out with the summer coming up. I reallly like that we will try to do these things quick and painlessly.

As for nominating your own cards, perhaps we should start without it, and if it slows down too much, we should allow it. That's my take at least.

Old June 6th, 2008, 08:47 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

I also realized that we could ease maintenance of this process by creating a small NM24 icon (similar to the TNT icon) to post with the listing in the A-Z listing that Pochoman maintains. It would not be any extra work for Pochoman as he updates that thread at least every Friday anyway and I think even I can be on the site enough to relay to the A-Z thread the cards with a newly aquired NM24 status.

I guess it is just my desire to get this thing going, but I was hoping that we would have more buy in from the other creators by now. This will only work if we have a least a large handful of people. 4 people aren't going to cut it...

Patience, young UPC, patience...

Old June 6th, 2008, 07:13 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

This is very similar to the idea I proposed in the other thread a couple of weeks ago. The 4 responses you got are more than I got, so I guess your way is the way to go!

My thought on letting creators nominate their own cards wasn't so I could nominate my own. In fact, I'd be fine with letting people nominate their own without me doing the same. I just thought it would create more traffic and discussion since people would be more motivated to get their own cards approved. Right now, the problem isn't waiting on a long list, but rather getting people people interested and excited. But either way, I'd be glad to participate!

Last edited by GreyOwl; June 6th, 2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:56 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm almost thinking we should try this with the four or so people who seem interested. Hopefully it will drum up some interest to the others who glance at these thread but may not always express their interest.

Old June 12th, 2008, 08:44 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
I'm almost thinking we should try this with the four or so people who seem interested. Hopefully it will drum up some interest to the others who glance at these thread but may not always express their interest.
We could certainly have a dry run of things...

After today, however, I will not have access to the internet until next Wednesday, so I will not be much help during the trial basis (with the exception of today).

I guess we can get started today, see how things progress over the weekend, and if this looks like a keeper we can start an official NM24 thread and keep the process moving.

So, let me fire off a PM and get this thing rolling...

Old June 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
We could certainly have a dry run of things...

After today, however, I will not have access to the internet until next Wednesday, so I will not be much help during the trial basis (with the exception of today).

I guess we can get started today, see how things progress over the weekend, and if this looks like a keeper we can start an official NM24 thread and keep the process moving.

So, let me fire off a PM and get this thing rolling...
[Mindmeld]GreyOwl, you will look in your PM Inbox...[/MindMeld]

Old June 12th, 2008, 12:46 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

This looks like a great idea UPC!

I would live to see more approved cards that what the TNT process has developed.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 13th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Okay, I got the PM and it seems like my Hawkeye has been nominated. Thanks!

So what do I need to do now?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations