Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 23rd, 2022, 12:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

I never understood why they didn't use Heroscape (the 'Battle of all Time') to feature and market some of the other brands/IP's they already had. I'm not advocating they go out and sign new licensing deals, I understand how expensive those are, but rather to use 'brands' they already have in house or an existing relationship with. Just looking through the wiki at brands they currently have that could become Heroscape figures/cards. Not suggesting full waves of each property, just a single booster for most of them, or even a single figure for some.

Action Man
Battle Beast
Fortnight
GI Joe
Ghostbusters
GoBots
M.A.S.K.
Marvel Legends
Micronauts
Overwatch
Power Rangers
Rom the Space Knight
Star Trek
Star Wars
Transformers
Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light
Zoids
Magic the Gathering
D&D
Axis & Allies
Risk (the original art work I believe featured the Napoleonic Wars, this would be my first focus, but you could also feature some themed units from Risk: Legacy & Risk: Shadow Forces)
Old October 23rd, 2022, 01:17 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Some of those brands like Power Rangers would feel a little cheesy in my opinion. One risk with crossovers is it can ruin the feel of a game. I want to feel like I’m in the world of Valhalla, not in a toy commercial.

That being said, some like the original Risk (not familiar with more recent ones) with it’s more historical theme would fit right in, but if it was branded as risk I probably would like it less. I also didn’t mind DnD, and like others appreciated the hero focus. Some of the non-synergy like Eladrin was annoying. Even if it’s not full bonding with elf wizards (which could restrict design space/increase points which makes it less fun for those who don’t have the elf pod) just being an elf gives at least some synergy and keeps the feel
Old October 23rd, 2022, 02:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Different strokes, I guess. I'd much rather play a mash up of action figures from toy commercials than hang out in the world of Valhalla. But that's probably why I'm a Superheroscape player, not a Valhallascape player.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 23rd, 2022, 04:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Agree on the synergy fail in those D&D boosters. On some of them it felt like they went out of their way to make the new units not play able with the old.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 05:51 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Yeah, different strokes indeed. I mean, this is a game that was literally advertised with a toy commercial. I first heard about it through a mini-comic ad in the middle of a comic book. For me, part of Heroscape's appeal IS its cheesiness, the feeling that it would have fit right in with any of the junky Saturday morning cartoon properties of my childhood. Rise of the Valkyrie might as well have been GI Joe (Drake) vs. He-Man (Vikings) vs. Dungeons & Dragons (Mimring) anyway. The greatness of the game system is that it allows us to smash our various toys together like most of us did when we were kids, but with rules.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 05:54 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Yeah, different strokes indeed. I mean, this is a game that was literally advertised with a toy commercial. I first heard about it through a mini-comic ad in the middle of a comic book. For me, part of Heroscape's appeal IS its cheesiness, the feeling that it would have fit right in with any of the junky Saturday morning cartoon properties of my childhood. Rise of the Valkyrie might as well have been GI Joe (Drake) vs. He-Man (Vikings) vs. Dungeons & Dragons (Mimring) anyway. The greatness of the game system is that it allows us to smash our various toys together like most of us did when we were kids, but with rules.
This right here! So totally this!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 24th, 2022, 11:02 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

At the campaign midway point this morning (7AM Eastern), we were at 2830.
Old October 24th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
So far it's a simple linear regression,

Have you revisted this at all? It seems to have a pretty clearly defined curve, and I wonder if any other models have a more accurate r value.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:03 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
At the campaign midway point this morning (7AM Eastern), we were at 2830.
So, speculating irresponsibly off of that ... if numbers stay fairly steady and then the FOMO end boom is roughly the same size as the initial burst, we could hit around 5500 or so without much effort.

That means the AH peeps have to make up around 2500 with new market outreach in the next two weeks. Best of luck to them.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2022, 01:13 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Three weeks.

Five is Right Out.
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Three weeks.

Five is Right Out.
Derp, yeah, not sure where I was getting two from. Thank you.

Old October 24th, 2022, 01:34 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seeing this raise around $1.3 million and fail would be a head scratcher to me. I guess it really is just too expensive to be viable if that’s the case, but to generate that much in 45 days with all the noted miscues (launching with an outline of a campaign) and lack of traditional crowdfunding exposure that comes with kickstarter, is a pretty solid response and should indicate there’s a market if they can figure out how to package it. I don’t think they will pursue it though if it doesn’t fund. At least not now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion