Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old February 25th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
C3G Map Maker's Discussion Thread

Declaration

We the People:

quozl
Taeblewalker
Yodaking
Ericth74

have agreed that there is a need in our community for archetypal Super Hero maps that are designed for fun, competitive, and casual game play with Super Hero units. We have decided to create these maps in a collaborative effort.

Map & Scenario Public Submissions Thread

List of works in progress:
Sokovian Aftermath (on hold)
Elm Street

Public Map/Scenario Design:
None

New playesting form for maps!
Spoiler Alert!

To view our finished work, visit the C3G Books of Index thread and go to the Map section.

C3G Map Goals

1) To have a collection of archetypal maps that are designed for competition, fun, and/or casual game play with Super Heroes, and each map should have a Super Hero theme. Each map will be categorized into one of the 3 sections below.
  • Competitive Maps - Designed & tested to be balanced for equal point Superhero armies to compete in a competitive setting.
  • Scenario Maps - Designed to be used in scenarios. Has a clear theme. Tested for build & only passed if the group agrees it is usable.
  • Casual Maps - Designed for casual play with balance in mind but an obvious or symmetrical balance isn't required. Example: if you put heights on one side of the map there has to be strategic means to attack those heights - that sort of thing.
2) For each map to have a specific theme with a general name. Example: the Bat-Cave could be called: Dark Cavern Lair

3) To have each Map be a collaborative effort from our C3G Map members while encouraging support, ideas, and effort from the entire Heroscapers.com community.

4) Maintain the position of at least 4 and no more than 8 core members who are enthusiastic, well respected, and active Heroscapers.com members

C3G Map Maker's Voting and Rules

1)
For any decision to be finalized, a Proposition must be submitted in this thread, the C3G Map Makers Voting Thread, or in an individual map design thread in this manner so it is not confused with simple chatter or normal discussion: I Propose (what it is you are Proposing).

Only C3G Map Makers are allowed to make a formal proposition or vote. NOTE: A map may only be proposed to be released once a PDF has been created for it, and then entire map or scenario has been built based on that PDF and then reviewed. Also, it is ideal if each map or scenario can be built and reviewed by at least 2 C3G Map Makers that were not the lead designer.

2) Each Proposition will have 2 days to achieve a majority vote. A Proposition will stay active for 2 days or until all Map Makers have voted, then the votes will be tallied. A vote consists of a C3G Map Maker posting yes or no in this thread, the C3G Map Makers Voting Thread or an individual design thread. All active C3G Map Makers will have their name in the form of a link to their Heroscapers.com profile page on the first page of this thread. Once a Proposition has passed it can only be overturned with a unanimous vote by all C3G Map Makers.

3) If there is a split decision on a Proposition, then any C3G Sidekick or Hero from the C3G Mainframe may respond to the split decision by voting. The first C3G Mainframe member to respond will have the deciding vote.

4) For a C3G Map Maker to design a custom for this project, they must simply follow the guide lines laid down in this post. This process should be fun and structured, if at any time there is a rule that is hindering the process, the group may simply bypass the rule for the sake of progress only.

C3G MAP MAKER'S PRODUCTION GUIDE
  • DESIGN PHASE
C3G Map Makers may start new threads with a Map Design. No C3G Map Maker may have more than one active design thread at one time.

The following are the minimum requirements for posting a new map design thread in the C3G forum before moving it to the Playtesting Phase.

Fill out this template for a Casual Map

After at least 48 hours have passed, a proposition to move to the Final Editing Phase can be made.

Fill out this template for a Competitive Map:
After at least 48 hours have passed, a proposition to move to the Playtesting Phase can be made.

Fill out this template for a Scenario Map:
After at least a week (168 hours) have passed, an initial playtest can be done by any Map Maker or C3G Hero, then a proposition to move to the Playtesting Phase can be made.
  • PLAYTESTING PHASE
Once C3G Map Design Threads have been moved to the Playtesting Phase, they will be posted in the public Playtest Sign-up Thread. Any Heroscaper, C3G Hero, C3G Sidekick, or C3G Ally can sign-up for one playtest at a time. The Playtester must post any completed Playtest in the Map's Design Thread.

New playesting form for maps!
Spoiler Alert!

The following are the minimum requirements for Playtesting any C3G Design and moving it to the Final Editing Phase.
  • Casual Map Design: N/A. No playtesting is required and Casual Maps move directly from the Design Phase to the Final Editing Phase.
  • Competitive Map Design: 2 Playtesters are required. Each playtester should build the map then complete three army tests and give feedback. Playtested Competitive Map Designs must be approved by a majority C3G Map Maker vote to move to the Final Editing Phase.
  • Scenario Design: 3 Playtesters are required. Each playtester should build the map then complete at least one test of the Scenario and give feedback. Playtested Scenario Designs must be approved by a majority C3G Map Maker vote to move to the Final Editing Phase.
  • FINAL EDITING PHASE
Once C3G Map Design threads have been moved to the Final Editing Phase, certain requirements must be met for the Private Designs to move to the release phase.

- A PDF must be created for the Map or Scenario.

- At least one Heroscapers.com member must build the map to confirm that the build instructions work and are correct.

- Any C3G Map Maker may stop this phase by asking for 48 hours for more playtesting. After 48 hours, the voting process may resume.

The vote to pass in this phase must be a unanimous vote among the Map Makers. However, if a Map Maker fails to vote yea or nay within 48 hours, their vote is forfeited and is not needed to pass the unit. At the end of 48 hours, all votes will be tallied.
  • RELEASE PHASE
Once a C3G Map design is approved for "Release", it will be immediately released to the public.
  • STARTING OVER
Once a Map Design has been moved to the public, the Lead Designer may go back to the Design Phase.

After starting a map/scenario design thread, post a link here in this thread so that it can be posted on the front page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; January 4th, 2022 at 10:02 AM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Map Discussion Thread

Quote:
Each map must use these terrain set parameters: (up for further discussion and agreement)
I'd love to hear every one's opinions on this point. I understand the need for restrictions (every time Bats wants to build on of my maps, he says something along the lines of '3 Marvel sets short'). But I also don't want us limiting the possibility of epic Super Hero maps with restrictions that are too stringent.
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Each map must use these terrain set parameters: (up for further discussion and agreement)
I'd love to hear every one's opinions on this point. I understand the need for restrictions (every time Bats wants to build on of my maps, he says something along the lines of '3 Marvel sets short'). But I also don't want us limiting the possibility of epic Super Hero maps with restrictions that are too stringent.
What if there was no limit? What if we had a large collection of maps that ranged from minimal requirement to near-weirdscaper potential?
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
What if there was no limit? What if we had a large collection of maps that ranged from minimal requirement to near-weirdscaper potential?
Personally, I think this would be great. Especially if we clearly delineate the requirements for each map, so that the community can immediately know if they can build any given map. And also perhaps some times having a 'mini' version of some maps.
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah - I think no limits is awesome. And I think listening to feedback from the community/team after building a map and creating alternate versions of the originals that are more "community friendly" in size is awesome too.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 25th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Btw, though I don't feel I have the time or skills to ask for full membership here, I'll definitely be following this with great interest and at least participating in the discussion.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 25th, 2010, 12:08 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Rules for Map Designs

1. Each map must have a theme that is Super Hero based.
  2. Each map must have PDF and/or a VirtualScape file so the build instruction can be shared.
  3. Each map must have a generic name that is not tied to any one set location that is specific to a comic universe.
  4. Each map must use these terrain set parameters: (up for further discussion and agreement)
My opinions:

1. If you mean that the map should be designed for use with Marvel and C3G figures, definitely. I would also like to see Super Hero scenarios.

2. Of course.

3. Why? Who cares what they want to name it? I really don't want to see a dozen variations of the name "secret base".

4. Terrain sets required should be specified. That should be the only requirement.

Quote:
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Rules for Map Designs

1. Each map must have a theme that is Super Hero based.
  2. Each map must have PDF and/or a VirtualScape file so the build instruction can be shared.
  3. Each map must have a generic name that is not tied to any one set location that is specific to a comic universe.
  4. Each map must use these terrain set parameters: (up for further discussion and agreement)
My opinions:

1. If you mean that the map should be designed for use with Marvel and C3G figures, definitely. I would also like to see Super Hero scenarios. Yes, that is the point of the project.

2. Of course. Agreed

3. Why? Who cares what they want to name it? I really don't want to see a dozen variations of the name "secret base". This was discussed in the BoM thread where this idea came to life. Rather than limiting the theme of a map to a single universe (Batcave, Baxter Building, etc), we felt it was a better idea to say "Underground Lair", "High Tech Lab", etc. This isn't to say that you can't be creative with names, just not naming a specific location from any Universe.

4. Terrain sets required should be specified. That should be the only requirement. See above.
Welcome to the discussion.
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the discussion.
Thanks! I should warn you though that I am very opinionated.

Quote:
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quozl, we all sorta agreed in the BoM thread that maps would not be specific to a particular named location.

Also, why do you think there should be a terrain requirement? I am not saying that I think it is a bad idea or a good idea, I just want to know why you think it is a good one.
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Quozl, we all sorta agreed in the BoM thread that maps would not be specific to a particular named location.

Also, why do you think there should be a terrain requirement? I am not saying that I think it is a bad idea or a good idea, I just want to know why you think it is a good one.
Names: As long as we're not using trademarked names, I say go for it! Use whatever names you like.

Terrain: I meant each map should specify the terrain sets it requires and no general requirements need to be set (except that if you want others to play on it, they'll need the sets to build it). Sorry I was unclear.

Quote:
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Great idea for C3G maps

I'll check in when I can and maybe chip in now and again if I can.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios