Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old January 21st, 2011, 11:45 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Shocky's Predict the Victor Battle Reports

Alex came over today and played the Armoc army. We couldn't finish the game before he had to go home, so I'll finish it up and post a report tomorrow.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:34 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Alex came over today and played the Armoc army. We couldn't finish the game before he had to go home, so I'll finish it up and post a report tomorrow.
This happens to me all the time. By the time we get the board set up and our armies picked its time to go. We usually slowly slide the board under the couch. Then when the next day we slide it back out.
Player 1

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:19 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Votes were balanced between the two armies, 3 to 3.

The game started with Kaemon and Finn charging through the caverns at each other. Kaemon, on the second turn of the game, kills Finn with one attack. Wow. Finn's spirit goes on the Krav, and Kaemon quick-releases a knight. At the start of the next round, Kaemon inflicts one wound to Gilbert, and kills another knight, before finally falling to the boosted Krav. The Knights slowly but steadily move up the staircase to the top level, and are met at the top by a mob of Armocs.

A round or so of fierce combat ensues, with both sides taking a similar number of casualties. Gilbert and about three knights manage to engage Mittens, and attack him, seriously injuring him at five wounds. He retaliates next turn, killing Gilbert (I forget how many wounds he had before-hand). Mittens is finished off by one of the last knights, and the Armocs avenge his death.

At this point, it was five Armocs against the Krav, boosted by Finn. The Krav move up the stairs, and shoot at one of the Armocs, killing it. The vipers move in, and kill one agent. They retaliate, and kill two vipers. Another agent falls. The last remaining Krav Maga takes single-hex height, and blasts a viper. The last viper engages, attacks, and... Fails! The agent shoots the viper in the head to win me the battle!

Wow! A close one, with only one Krav surviving. Without Finn's spirit, that game could have had a very different outcome.

Next Battle: Player 1 vs. Player 2 on the same map

Player 1:
Ulginesh
Chardris
Johrdawn
Emirroon
Arkmer
Kyntela

Player 2:
Death Knights x4
Dumutefs x3
Taelord

Predict Away!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

3-2 (+1) Rats!!!

I'm gonna go with P2 even though I'm not a big fan of the Death Knights.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

7-4 (+3).

Player 2.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:27 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

6-4 (+2) Close, indeed.

I will go with Player 2 for this battle, just because Soul Weapons will reduce the already low defense of the elves. And if one can take out Kyntela early...

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:21 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

5-2 Player 2
As long as the DKoV keep far apart to avoid rain of flame

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:55 PM

Alex came over again, and we finished the battle this time. I'll be getting the report up tomorrow afternoon, so get your votes in!
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM

ArghYeMatey Woo who?

4-2

I'm going to go against the flow, and vote Player 1.

Hopefully, the Death knights wont be able to move fast enough to reach and kill the elves.

Argh - Bionicle and Heroscape fanatic

Need a battle to excite you?
Read ArghYeMatey's Battle Reports here!
Old February 4th, 2011, 05:58 PM

ArghYeMatey took advantage of the extra day I gave.

Anyway, the votes were 4-1 in favor of the Death Knights.

Round 1 starts with Taelord moving up on top of the caverns, and some DKoVs moving down into the cave. The elves quickly take control of the staircase on their side of the battlefield. Before Taelord knows it, Chardris is beating away on him with Fire Strike. Despite my persuading, Alex refuses to pull him back, and instead even attacks Chardris. Taelord dies next turn. Before he was killed, he did manage to boost a few Death Knights, who put some wounds on Chardris.

The elves form a tight pod around Arkmer. Johrdawn and Chardris use both of their abilities frequently, and even Kyntela sees action. Kyntela is killed by a Death Knight, but is avenged by Arkmer. All of a sudden, a mass of DKs and a Dumutef is among the wizards. The guard falls to a strike from Chardris, but not before inflicting a wound to the elf. A hole is blown through the undead's ranks, and Johrdawn takes a shot at the two remaining guards in the start zone. The result:
Spoiler Alert!

A few knights move in, but not enough to hinder Johrdawn. She takes another shot, this time at a Dumutef and two DKs.
Spoiler Alert!

At this point, it's easy for Arkmer to clean up, winning the battle.

Player 1 wins!

Alex's reckless use of Taelord at the beginning contributed to his loss, but I think the lack of enough powerful attacks was a factor also. I was getting Chardris to throw five dice pretty much every time, so the Dumutefs didn't stand much of a chance. Outside of that, once Taelord was dead, he was getting two attacks of two to three each turn, which just wasn't enough.

Next Battle: P1 vs. P2 on Run to the Hills by Shockma Ranyk

Player 1:
120/9 Arrow Gruts x3
120/2 Krug
255/3 Ice Troll Berserker x3

Player 2:
360/6 Fen Hydra x3
140/8 4th Mass. x2

Predict Away!
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmmm... I like hydras. Omnyomnyomnyom.

*Crunch* (x12)

*Munch* (x12)

*Burp* (x12)

Player 2
FTW!

EDIT- And a great one from clancampbell when I said my dad would take 3 hydra's to the next tournament-

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post

Sir, over there, hydras!
How many?
I can only see the heads.
Well count those.
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. 12 in all sir!
Its going to be a long day private.
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:50 PM

ArghYeMatey Woo who?

5-2

@Shockma: I'm glad I logged on when I did!

If Army 2 fails to win this...

Argh - Bionicle and Heroscape fanatic

Need a battle to excite you?
Read ArghYeMatey's Battle Reports here!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports