Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM

Sundance Woo who?
Capture the Flag map...

..i did for a local convention called Tacticon. A friend and i whipped it out in just over and hour. I came up w/ a capture the flag scenario since i had 2 castle sets. I think it came out fairly well. Although, i would've liked to have had another hour to spend on terrain just to give it some heighth but oh well. The interesting aspect of it was the fact that you could get across from one castle to the other in about 2 rounds if you had Swog Rider and a +2 glyph. My friend chose the All-Grut army w/ Grimnak and Swog Rider. I stood my ground in front of the ice castle w/ Sir Denrick, The Knights, The Minutemen(up-on-high) and Thorgrim. Both armies were Valiant so they gained the bonus. And both had the Champion bonus move...which we used constantly. A fun map for a few hours in any case.

Old September 6th, 2006, 08:59 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
How were you received there? Get anyone hooked?

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:26 PM

Sundance Woo who?
I was told Sat went well. Some kids also played. I did this map on Sunday but i had several people come by and ask about it. About 1/2 of those people actually had the base set and some of the expansions but hadn't seen the castle so that got them excited. The others got excited by the possibilities and i got to answer to questions for a few that didn't understand certain rules. All-in-all it was worth it.
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:27 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Very nice I had something similar in mind when I made this

I had thought about an ice vs Lava castle as well but I only have one lava and one tundra.

One problem I have noticed with my CTF games is they all end up basically elimination

And no the Millar lite isn't part of the board
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:41 PM

Sundance Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor

I had thought about an ice vs Lava castle as well but I only have one lava and one tundra.

One problem I have noticed with my CTF games is they all end up basically elimination

I had wanted to do the moat idea more fully but there isn't exactly a drawbridge so i just stuck w/ the ice on one side. If i'd had a 3rd lava set i would've lined the front of the castle w/ lavaflow in the same way. I would like to do another one w/ a mountain in the middle and lava flow on one side of the mountain and snow on the other. Almost as if to get to the otherside you have to choose which one to traverse. I think i'll utilize all 4 MS 's for that one though.
Old September 7th, 2006, 02:47 AM

Khanbob42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor

Not to be completely off topic here but I noticed that you have the two of the worst movies ever sitting next to your nice looking map. I guess its good that they were rentals
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:01 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I like your map sundance!
It's exactly want i want to build when i get my 2 sets and me and my dad play!
Old September 7th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Sundance Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanbob42

Not to be completely off topic here but I noticed that you have the two of the worst movies ever sitting next to your nice looking map. I guess its good that they were rentals
I thought the same thing when i 1st saw the pic...but i noticed they were rentals. Some friends and i rented Ultraviolet a couple of weeks ago because we heard just how terrible it was. Its pretty bad when you consider how much money was spent on it.

I just get dvd's from Netflix now. That way i can't complain ..much, if there bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I like your map sundance!
It's exactly want i want to build when i get my 2 sets and me and my dad play!
Thanx. It was literally just thrown together. You always plan stuff out in your head and imagine how great it would be but you can't plan enough when building these maps!
Old October 7th, 2006, 09:41 AM

Buffrat has disabled reputation
Excellent! Capture the flag fire vrs. ice!

"Illidan has mocked the Scourge long enough. It's time we put the fear of death back in him." --Arthas

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios