Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old July 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Detect Undead-I was thinking maybe a bonus to initiative if you opponent places an order marker on an undead army card. Sort of Simon knowing that the undead are going to be on the move? Of course I like the movement bonus ideas as well.

Also found another possibility for a mini for Simon. What do you guys think of this one.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/631442
Either way (initiative boost or movement boost) sounds thematic and within the parameters of the game.

I don't know about $6 for an unpainted metal mini, though

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
EDIT: I got a green light from all of the C3G Heros, so we can use their playtest sheet to test out our customs. Balantia I think you should put a link to it in the OP for anyone that is intrested in playtesting.
After we pass our first character, I'll create a playtesting thread and link the playtest sheet and playtest hints to the first post.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't see 6 dollars as paying too much for a mini. Ultimately, let's leave it up to the designer as to which mini to use. I think the most recent mini that JC found is a great fit for Simon. If that's the one he wants to use, it sounds good to me.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:39 AM

Hrockle knows what's in an order marker Hrockle knows what's in an order marker

The fig is nice, but as Galahad said, a bit pricey. I think the movement bonus is more fitting than an initiative bonus.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Balantai

It's pricey for those without much money to spend.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

I would be careful not to overwhelm his card with too many powers that only give bonuses when fighting undead. Or, if you do, keep the bonuses pretty mild. Otherwise, you risk making him too much of a niche character that becomes way overcosted in battles that don't have undead.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrockle View Post
The fig is nice, but as Galahad said, a bit pricey. I think the movement bonus is more fitting than an initiative bonus.
I think both are very fitting. I could justify either bonus.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:52 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well the reason I looked for a new mini to use was because, I thought that it was decided to use a mini pic on the card and not an actual art one. I could not see having a pic of the drow chain fighter on Simon's card, except as the targeting zone.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Well the reason I looked for a new mini to use was because, I thought that it was decided to use a mini pic on the card and not an actual art one. I could not see having a pic of the drow chain fighter on Simon's card, except as the targeting zone.
I could definitely understand that concern. Here's another option.

Old July 15th, 2010, 12:20 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

I think the powers depend on Simon's role. Is he a counter-draft against undead armies, or an all around unit with bonuses against undead.
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I have been busy with family, so I couldn't read or post in this very fast-moving thread! Simon looks good - I need to read more thoroughly when I'm not being rushed out the door - but I see him as a great alternative to Ana in the anti-undead role. Great work!

Old July 15th, 2010, 12:50 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinekng View Post
I think the powers depend on Simon's role. Is he a counter-draft against undead armies, or an all around unit with bonuses against undead.
I plan on making him the later definatley
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:02 PM

dfonse is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I would be careful not to overwhelm his card with too many powers that only give bonuses when fighting undead. Or, if you do, keep the bonuses pretty mild. Otherwise, you risk making him too much of a niche character that becomes way overcosted in battles that don't have undead.
It seems that he should have only one special attack (Maybe against undead or using his whip)

One special bonus (Against Undead or life drain)

And One Special move (Like using his whip to maneuver.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum