Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 4th, 2009, 09:16 PM

majis0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Majis Atervicus - my first custome

I am relatively new to Heroscape, but have already come to take pleasure the random and tactical possibilities the game has to offer. I have started tinkering with customs and this is my first. Majis Aterviscus is a mock of one of my Guild Wars characters (mmorpg.)
His abilities are mimics of some the popular warrior skills found in the that game customized to follow some of the abilities of the characters in Heroscape. The figure is a rare D&D mini (Warduke 60/60 from the War Drum set) that I picked up from Ebay. His size is perfect of Heroscape.

I have ran him against a couple other army cards to test his point value. The Hulk (wasn't much of a test) was used to check for an over powered hero. I put him up agaist Sgt. Drake Alexander from Swarm. That match was a bit more equal. Out of 4 or 5 duels, with a couple being rather close, Drake won out with each match. I also brought out the Tarn Viking Warriors. Those matches too were close. Majis did do better in this kind of scenario, and usaully took the vikings.

The main purpose that I created him was for a squad fighter that could give a small buff to surrounding units if luck permits.

Here he is, let me know what you think. Stratigies, suggestions, point changes, good possible army combos, anything.
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:32 PM

Germund is surprisingly tart
Re: Majis Atervicus - my first custome

I think the card looks pretty good, but the wording of the charge special seems a little awkward. I don't understand the relevance of the 3 levels higher or lower restriction. Also, saying the attack has a range of 3, but a move of 2 sounds confusing. I understand what you are trying to say there, but I think that somehow it could be reworded.

"We have arrived at an intellectual chaos."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Great trades with: Gypsy, Archiver, Just-A-Bill
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:52 PM

majis0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I know it is a little confusing. I tried hard to word it, but sometimes you just can't it to work.

Look at the Wolves of Badru's pounce attack in wave 8. That is where I got most of the wording. How do I word it so he moves 2 extra spaces to become adjacent to choosen figure?
Old February 4th, 2009, 11:40 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

You could just give him more move, give him 6 attack, and cut chargey thing out all together.
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the figure you used. I do agree that charge ability is a little confusing you could make the ability more akin to the Kozuke Samurai as a opposed to the Wolves of Badru. Their charging assault is, "Any or all Kozuke Samurai may add 3 to their move number as long as they are unengages prior to moving. Kozuke Samurai must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure in order to use Charging Assault.

You could just replace the "may add 3 to their move...." and say something like, "may add 2 to their move and 1 to his attack." As long as you state that Majis can't be adjacent to a figure in order to use this ability I think it would still do what you want it too and not be confussing.

I also noticed that you live in Rexburg too. We should get together and play sometime.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards