Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 25th, 2009, 08:31 PM

Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Tiger View Post
The Lions, with the worst Defense in the history of the NFL, used their 2 first round picks on Offense. They finally took a defensive player with their third pick (first of the second round), but they reached way down the draft board to find him.

So far, it looks like business as usual for the Lions . . .
The Lions are winning the Super Bowl this year.

Just thought I'd throw that one out there. If that actually happens, I think I'd cry that my Vikes didn't prove themselves top in the NFC North. Can't complain with Harvin at pick 22 though, we'll see how things progress. The Lions do need some defense though. And some offense. Not sure on special teams, but there's always time for that later. Once they're good again (if that ever happens).

Sir Cumference is Favre Kirby in the....
Virtual Cave

(see avatar)
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Hi - my name is killercactus, and I'm a draft-a-holic (at least for the first day). I will be watching every pick today until they stop.
I'm jealous. I had to work all day today and all day again tomorrow.

But I'm still happy because my Niners got Crabtree!
My happy dance-->

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:41 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Boy, I sure hope you're wrong. But you are probably right.

Old April 25th, 2009, 11:18 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard View Post
Quote:
Here's my prediction.

Culpepper goes 1-3 to start the 2009 season. Fans scream for their new $41,700,000++ posterboy and get him. Stafford gets devoured alive. Career as a starter over before the Thanksgiving game in 2010. Spends a couple years floating around as a back-up. Out of the NFL by 2014.

I'm not saying that I want that to happen. I wish all the best to Stafford and the Lions (unless they play the Niners ). It's just that's what seems to usually happen.

There are exceptions of course. Ryan and Flacco jump to mind. But their surrounding cast was a heck of a lot better.

Old April 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Crabtree... Crabtree... Crabtree...

I think the 49ers were very lucky that the Raiders were stupid enough to take Heyward-Bey. As the second receiver chosen, Crabtree is going to feel like he has something to prove. Here's hoping Mike can whip him into shape

I only kinda like the 2nd round trade into next year's first. Sounds a lot like Coach Singletary is pretty happy with the defense when I'm really worried that we don't generate any pass rush out of the base three. Might set us up nicely for Tebow if we need him next year though. Hmmm.

And the Titans? I dunno, they needed a WR of some sort and there wasn't anyone better at 30. They're playing a decent, conservative draft. I'm mostly pleased, though I had hoped they'd try to get Boldin.

~Aldin, loosely following round 4

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:20 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard View Post
Quote:
Here's my prediction.

Culpepper goes 1-3 to start the 2009 season. Fans scream for their new $41,700,000++ posterboy and get him. Stafford gets devoured alive. Career as a starter over before the Thanksgiving game in 2010. Spends a couple years floating around as a back-up. Out of the NFL by 2014.
For a minute there I thought you were talking about Chuck Long... I mean Andre Ware... I mean Joey Harrington.

Old April 27th, 2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I think the 49ers...set us up nicely for Tebow if we need him next year though. Hmmm.
Because the last first-round QB we got from Urban Myer worked out so well.

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:18 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the Chargers choice to pick Larry English is puzzling but have learned to trust their draft strategy. I was gunning for Ray Mauluga from USC. What is every one elses draft thoughts?
Old June 25th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epjceEoNzqY

I found this on the official NFL site a while back, but never got to post it. I found it on youtube recently. Enjoy!
Old June 25th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epjceEoNzqY

I found this on the official NFL site a while back, but never got to post it. I found it on youtube recently. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHH-6ZQktRQ

I prefer this one.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old August 11th, 2009, 02:40 PM

Preseason's already begun and now there's less than a month until the regular season starts!

Old August 11th, 2009, 05:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Go Pats!

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV