Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 12th, 2020, 12:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

I dunno, I preferred rewatching our other recent 10PU matchup more

Obviously a very tough map/matchup combo for the 4th. H&D Swamp is kind of a nightmare for me because at best I can grab one small hill, and even that is extremely difficult to reinforce.

I appreciate Dysole's attempt to defend me, but the second Alistair turn was a mistake. His initial position was an effective roadblock, so moving up more 4th and getting some potshots would have been a better option than throwing Alistair into a position that ultimately didn't do much for me. If I don't move Alistair, then vegie has much less attractive options for attacks on the next OM. I wouldn't really say MBS's ability to ping entered into my thinking on making that move; I would have been more than happy to trade MBS shots with 4th shots if it had come to that.

On the other hand, I do think going for Raelin when she moved up is the best choice. The chance of Raelin going down quickly is low, but it's still the best chance I have. Killing enough chasers to prevent attacks wasn't realistic in the short run on this map, so it's really just a question of what's the most reliable path to killing 9+ chasers. I think the correct answer there is an early Raelin death.

To put it another way, I like the chances of Raelin dying in 5 shots and then killing a bunch of 3 defense chasers in 2 or 3 turns, better than I like the chances of grinding though those same chasers in 4 or 5 turns when they have 5 defense the whole time.
Old August 12th, 2020, 01:13 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rae vs. Chasers

Yeah, I can definitely see that. I know for me given that some of those Chasers were outside of the aura (debatable I guess, but it looked like it to me) would've inclined me to start shooting chasers and I'm not sure I would've backed away from that after that. That said, I do think it's an arguable position either way.

~Dysole, not really sure how the variance works out but dok's and vegie's explanations for their decisions make a lot of sense to her
Old August 12th, 2020, 11:56 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh shoot, I didn't even realize that I posted two dok v vegietarian18 games in a row! I had another game planned for the in-between actually but fast tracked this one because it promoted the online season signups.

I really like those explanations. (Love it when players share their perspectives!) That push/pull of Nerak/MBS is a really cool way to explain how the Death Chaser build works (and other builds as well).

Raelin timing and Raelin shooting also is very understandable from those perspectives. It's an interesting contrast of safe play from vegie (trying to disrupt 4th and establish Chasers to better shield Raelin) and risk min/maxing from dok (I like the explanation of your view of the odds there a lot). That adds a lot to our conversation, and now (like other times before) I wish there was a super easy way to go back into the video and bookmark the discussion with these additional insights.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 15th, 2020, 10:49 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Everyone loves a Saturday upload, right? This one's coming for a few reasons. First, to keep Online Con from stretching out for 6 months at my usual one-per-week schedule, I'm definitely going to be doing a good amount of Saturday uploads as editing time and casting resources allow. Also, I'll be upfront and say my audio during this game isn't great. Tales of Valhalla sounds awesome, but something or other happened with my audio and it's pretty quiet during this game, so I didn't want it to be the only game that was uploaded for a whole week. But it's still a great game!

That aside, in this video we get to showcase two players I've been looking to highlight for a long time: Vegie's Dad and @boromir96 . Both are super strong Heroscape players who maybe don't get talked about as much as people like dok or kevindola, but who consistently get strong tournament records. (Vegie's Dad has won at least one Online Heroscape Tournament I can think of off the top of my head, and Boromir96 hasn't played as much online but has a very strong record when he does.) They're playing a super interesting matchup in this game of strong individual heroes vs a bunch of squads. It will be a thinking game, and helping me to comment on the action is fellow YouTube creator @TalesOfValhallaOfficial . We have a great conversation through the game, so sit back and enjoy!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 15th, 2020, 04:53 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Fun game. Cyprien was tearing it up until it just all collapsed.

So the way the draft went down was actually completely different than how it was described in the video

boromir first picked the Omnicron pod, which was a great pick. Both of his two pods, Q10 and Cyprien, are very vulnernable to the Repulsor Sniper combo. Cyprien can't chill touch Omnicrons, and the Repulsors have a variety of tools to shut down Q10. It was a great pick that really pigeoned what my dad could do. Repulsors and Snipers are usually not great, but in this matchup they were incredible. My dad responded by making the value pick, taking the best available figures on the board of Cyprien and Q10, leaving boromir with the MacDirks. Cyprien was great against the horde of relatively low offense squads, but it was a tall task for him to be the only real figure in his army and eventually he had a bad turn and fell.
Old August 15th, 2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Fun game. Cyprien was tearing it up until it just all collapsed.

So the way the draft went down was actually completely different than how it was described in the video

boromir first picked the Omnicron pod, which was a great pick. Both of his two pods, Q10 and Cyprien, are very vulnernable to the Repulsor Sniper combo. Cyprien can't chill touch Omnicrons, and the Repulsors have a variety of tools to shut down Q10. It was a great pick that really pigeoned what my dad could do. Repulsors and Snipers are usually not great, but in this matchup they were incredible. My dad responded by making the value pick, taking the best available figures on the board of Cyprien and Q10, leaving boromir with the MacDirks. Cyprien was great against the horde of relatively low offense squads, but it was a tall task for him to be the only real figure in his army and eventually he had a bad turn and fell.
Thanks so much for that! (I'm copying/pasting/pinning this in the comments for the video too!) I hadn't thought about it much beforehand (I was basically improvising when I realized I didn't know why the draft turned out the way it did) but that's a very smart realization and pick from boromir. Good counterplay for your dad too. It's never great to put all your eggs into a two-hero basket, but it did seem like he might pull it off until that 5-wound turn.

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 16th, 2020, 11:40 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Vegie Dad said after the game that his OM3 Cyprien move to the bottom right side to take out a Repulsor was a mistake and I would agree. At that point he had 0 wounds so killing the Repulsor didn’t have much upside, and it put him in a spot where I could get 2 attacks on my OM3, and the chance for a big Init switch which was what happened. If he had won Init he would’ve been fine, but when you’re playing any hero against a squad swarm you have to err on the cautious side with your placement towards the end of a round. I think my biggest mistake was when Cyprien was in the top of my start zone I moved Finn to a spot where I accidentally blocked a 3rd Macdirk from attacking Cyprien, I was surprised that no one pointed that out.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old August 19th, 2020, 09:14 AM

It's the first game we're showcasing from the VC Bring 2 tournament! In this tournament players were able to include figures from the VC projects in their armies, and there are a lot of figures showing off in this match! Quahon, Heracles, and Microcorp Troopers all make a showing as @Viideosayg and @Tiamat meet on the battlefield. Joining for this game is @superfrog , a huge contributor and influence in the VC scene!

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 19th, 2020, 06:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

A very froggy episode.
Old August 19th, 2020, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
A very froggy episode.
The very best of episodes.

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 22nd, 2020, 11:52 AM

Scheduling when videos release is great, but I can already tell that sometimes I'm going to forget to post about them. Only missed this one by a few hours, but I won't be surprised if I forget for a day or more at some point. Which is basically just a disclaimer to say if you're featured in the video, it's not personal.

It's an Aquilla civil war, with spiders and wyverns everywhere! In this first round game of the Online Con General Wars series, @Viideosayg and @Sir Heroscape matched up with a really cool almost-mirror match. Sir Heroscape brings a hoard of spiders and wyverns, and Viideosayg breaks up his spiders and wyvern with some dwarves, making for a really cool matchup. Helping me comment on the strategy and tactics on both sides is @XThorSavageX , who is also making his 10 Points Under casting debut! We have a great discussion about aggression vs board control, the disruptive power of spiders and wyverns, and more in this great episode!

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 23rd, 2020, 10:41 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

How is this thread not stickied yet?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports