Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 28th, 2019, 06:04 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!
Scape on!

Is it me or is this oop game experiencing a resurgence of new players? I remember back in July of 2018 I was getting back in the game again after a long hiatus and feared that I would have nobody to play it with. So I put out ads here, boardgamegeek and even on *gasp... craigslist! Luckily for me I ran into the wife of my old scaping buddy at a shop in Dayton, and to my relief he was still playing and collecting this game! It's nice to say we are playing almost every weekend and also gained a few new players locally and regionally!

Fast forward almost 8 months later and we've held 2 sucessful tournaments and attended 2 out of state. I think this game will be going strong forever. Cheers to this fine community and long live HeroScape!!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Last edited by outforblood; March 1st, 2019 at 12:35 AM.
Old February 28th, 2019, 07:43 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Scape on!

Long live Heroscape indeed!
Old February 28th, 2019, 08:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There are roughly as many people at our local tournaments as there have always been. It's not the same people, but it's roughly the same number.

It's great, and there really is no substitute.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 28th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I do believe you are correct. Here in the Idaho/Utah scene we have probably the strongest and most active community of scapers. We hold monthly tournaments in Utah averaging 16+, but that's been going up to 20+ the last 4-5 months. In fact, we just had our largest tourney yet this last weekend of 35 attendees! Yes, that is no joke! Idaho tournaments are held 2-3 times a year and we consistently have 12+ and this month were able to pull in 20! So yes, I do believe it's making a comeback. Now just pray something somehow happens and the game ACTUALLY comes back (we can dream right?)

Heroscape for life!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 1st, 2019, 12:16 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I do believe you are correct. Here in the Idaho/Utah scene we have probably the strongest and most active community of scapers. We hold monthly tournaments in Utah averaging 16+, but that's been going up to 20+ the last 4-5 months. In fact, we just had our largest tourney yet this last weekend of 35 attendees! Yes, that is no joke! Idaho tournaments are held 2-3 times a year and we consistently have 12+ and this month were able to pull in 20! So yes, I do believe it's making a comeback. Now just pray something somehow happens and the game ACTUALLY comes back (we can dream right?)

Heroscape for life!
It has nothing to do with the great tournament organizers, generous prize pool, and unmatched fun environment.

Edit. Oh wait. Nope that definitely helps out.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 1st, 2019, 12:33 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

Heroscape for life!
Yo! That is amazing! I'm hoping we hit 20 for our next tournament! (fingers crossed)
Btw, I really enjoy your YouTube channel! Good stuff!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old March 1st, 2019, 12:56 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Agreed on the YouTube channel. Always excited when a new video gets posted. It also helps keep Heroscape strong. Keep it rollin' Sir H!
Old March 1st, 2019, 12:58 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Agreed on the YouTube channel. Always excited when a new video gets posted. It also helps keep Heroscape strong. Keep it rollin' Sir H!
Hey thanks, I appreciate that! It is a lot of fun and I hope it is helping to keep the game fresh and alive.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 1st, 2019, 09:31 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I think the people responsible for the resurgence is the great people who put on events - whether tournaments at local stores or just friends to their house. These are are providing most of the new players as well as bringing back oldtimers from the graveyard. One additional way is posting on Youtube and social media, but I really applaud anyone who hosts events. I really need to bring Heroscape again to my weekly game group.
Old March 1st, 2019, 12:46 PM

Holding tournaments and being a TD is a lot work that definitely pays off! Gotta love when new players show up and get hooked. Once you go down that rabbit hole there's no turning back.

The power of the social media does indeed make a huge impact on keeping this game alive and fresh. The Heroscapers Facebook page is really cool. Also check out joecrazy on YouTube.
https://m.youtube.com/user/joecrazy3193

SCAPE OR DIE!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion