Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 25th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Premature Pre??? PreRelease D&D Wave 2 Expansion Specula

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Blue Wyrmling 6/18
Iceman, a Blue dragon wouldn't go do Jandar. All chromatic dragons (red, blue, green, black, and white) are evil. IIRC Blue Dragons are Lawful Evil, which would put them in the Einar/Vydar camps. Since Einar is apparently a confirmed good guy again, I'd say the Blue Dragon Wyrmling would have to go to Vydar.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; February 25th, 2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:07 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

We are already seeing from the D1 wave that they are free to repaint any sculpt. Which means that the minis that have been posted may be used, but painted another color, so don't get hung up on the colors of the dragons IMO.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:08 AM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I really don't want this guy to be the golem. I've always thought of golems to be more elemental creatures made out of materials like diamond, gold, silver, bronze, stone etc. and fighting unarmed.

I think if we do get Wyrmlings, they will be painted as a common squad.
I agree with you on the golem. Any golem figures that look like they're made out of clay or stone?

Anyway, here's what we're looking at as far as what we can be relatively sure about getting:

An ogre hero (I'd guess uncommon. Ogres don't strike me as something that can't take a hit).
A goblin squad(?) (anyone find it strange that it says "The goblins"?).
A golem hero (could be uncommon).
Wyrmlings (again with the "The". You don't think perhaps that indicates a group of uncommon heroes as opposed to a squad?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:11 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If wyrmlings are just baby dragons, I guess they could be common heros with just 1 life.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:33 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, if D1 is any sort of trend setter the D2 sets will each have 4 medium figures and one large/huge figure.

Typically one squad of three, one common hero and one larger uncommon hero.

While warforged can be PCs, I see no reason why that would be a restriction to make them commons. PC races can still be to be NPCs in DnD, so there really is no reason why PC races cant be commons in HS.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
We are already seeing from the D1 wave that they are free to repaint any sculpt. Which means that the minis that have been posted may be used, but painted another color, so don't get hung up on the colors of the dragons IMO.
There's more to it than color though, no other form of dragon has that large nose horn, that's one of the features that's unique to blue dragons. Every type of dragon has a unique morphology, to paint a blue dragon as . . . say, a gold dragon would be a slap in the face to anyone that knows their DnD, especially those DnD players they're presumedly trying to recruit.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:57 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I for one am not excited. D&D is an amazing thing to happen t heroscape. But i dont play as much as i would like. Each unit that has come out is a good addition but nothing worth buying, I am content. Exceptions being the new ghost nights. I look forward to the goblins and to see how they compare my various speculation topics on them. Other than that its all a good addition to bring in new players but its nothing special enough to collect because I know I wont draft them very often.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:32 AM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Well, if D1 is any sort of trend setter the D2 sets will each have 4 medium figures and one large/huge figure.

Typically one squad of three, one common hero and one larger uncommon hero.

While warforged can be PCs, I see no reason why that would be a restriction to make them commons. PC races can still be to be NPCs in DnD, so there really is no reason why PC races cant be commons in HS.
By no means was I saying that they couldn't be common, just that I think the focus would be more on the Unique Hero front first...I am sure we will see a Warforged Berzerker/Barbarian type guy as a Unique Hero...perhaps he will lead a squad of common Warforged, it's totally possible.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:04 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

Since we were told of the D&D releases, I have been hoping for a Beholder. Doesn't seem likely, if we are to assume those product names mentioned are for Heroscape. Can anyone tell me whether a Beholder would even fit in a standard booster?
If it can't, I might as well start dreaming about a new release of terrain/large creatures...
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Could anyone tell me if the balrog-like DnD miniature would fit in a booster set? I would love to see him make a HeroScape appearance.
I made a custom with the Balor figure. The link is below. I also included a comparison shot with Agent Carr so that should be exactly what your looking for.[/quote]

The new 4.0 version is pretty hefty: might take up too much room in a standard booster, but the original older figure is a Large sized figure.

Quote:

I really don't want this guy to be the golem. I've always thought of golems to be more elemental creatures made out of materials like diamond, gold, silver, bronze, stone etc. and fighting unarmed.
You mean like Iron? That's an Iron Golem

And all kinds of Golems fight with weapons; it just depends on how they were constructed.

Quote:
I think if we do get Wyrmlings, they will be painted as a common squad.
I think that would be kinda boring. D&D dragons are seperated into a ton of unique variations, both good and evil. The Wyrmlings would be a good opportunity to represent 3 or 4 of them all at once. Besides, they all have unique appearances that are recognizable. A D&D player would cry foul over his red painted dragon clearly having the face and body of a Blue Dragon.

Quote:
I agree with you on the golem. Any golem figures that look like they're made out of clay or stone?
Yes. Exactly what Golem they choose though, is up to them, and they have a lot of choices.
Quote:
Since we were told of the D&D releases, I have been hoping for a Beholder. Doesn't seem likely, if we are to assume those product names mentioned are for Heroscape. Can anyone tell me whether a Beholder would even fit in a standard booster?
If it can't, I might as well start dreaming about a new release of terrain/large creatures...
All of the Large Beholder figures would fit in an HS booster easily enough. Some of the Huge ones like the Tyrant, probably not, as its quite a bit bigger than the Hydra or Large Ice Elemental, but that's only one example out of like, 5 other Beholder figures.
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Therrian, you maniac! I was going to wait until March 23 to do this, so you beat me to it. Nice going. Tablewalker said that Guru is hoping Wave 12 will be out for GenCon.

Is there a ranged figure for the Warforged?
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

I think the Wyrmlings will be scattered throught the generals,like the elementals. I don't liek the idea of the wyrmlings all being evil. Becaus eif they are,all the wyrmlings or even all the dragons at that,be evil 90% of the time.

Also,Chas, What I seen out of the Warforged figures,there was only 1 ranged. There may be more,but there was only 1 ranged out of what I seen.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News