Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old October 13th, 2017, 06:32 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Anyone wanna help an Old Fart figure out how to use this? I am stuck trying to Export the patch to Magic Set Editor 2. I frankly, don't have the know how on how to do this. I'd love to be able to do use this program, but just getting to the point that it shows the Heroscape card would be nice! Please help! Both files are downloaded to my computer, just need to figure out how to get the templates into the MSE.
I'll give it a shot. You've downloaded the files. Have you run the install program? If so, you should have a folder called Magic Set Editor 2 where you told the program to install. Inside this folder you should see the program, mse.exe, and at least one folder titled data (there will be some other files, too). This is the folder the program will look in to get the style files, card backs, etc to build your cards. Once you extract the files from the patch, you should see several folders named something like this: heroscape-basicrotv.mse-style. Copy all these folders into the data folder. When you start the program, and select New set, you should now see several options to choose from.
:not worthy: Thank you sooooo much! That worked great! One other question, how do I change the panel color?

EDIT: Nevermind me, I found it when I sent it to Print preview. Very easy to use!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 13th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Anyone wanna help an Old Fart figure out how to use this? I am stuck trying to Export the patch to Magic Set Editor 2. I frankly, don't have the know how on how to do this. I'd love to be able to do use this program, but just getting to the point that it shows the Heroscape card would be nice! Please help! Both files are downloaded to my computer, just need to figure out how to get the templates into the MSE.
I'll give it a shot. You've downloaded the files. Have you run the install program? If so, you should have a folder called Magic Set Editor 2 where you told the program to install. Inside this folder you should see the program, mse.exe, and at least one folder titled data (there will be some other files, too). This is the folder the program will look in to get the style files, card backs, etc to build your cards. Once you extract the files from the patch, you should see several folders named something like this: heroscape-basicrotv.mse-style. Copy all these folders into the data folder. When you start the program, and select New set, you should now see several options to choose from.
:not worthy: Thank you sooooo much! That worked great! One other question, how do I change the panel color?

EDIT: Nevermind me, I found it when I sent it to Print preview. Very easy to use!
Great! Glad I could help. MSE is awesome.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 13th, 2017, 09:56 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

So far, so good!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 22nd, 2017, 11:20 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I have a question that isn’t MSE related directly, but maybe MSE users can help me out.

What method of saving the file/printing seems to result in a better quality print? Right now I just save them as .jpg directly from MSE, converting them to .pdf using GIMP (after setting the print size) and then printing the PDFs. Is there a better way? The quality is good now, but I’m jut curious if maybe saving them to PNG or something makes a difference.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 02:36 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I have a question that isn’t MSE related directly, but maybe MSE users can help me out.

What method of saving the file/printing seems to result in a better quality print? Right now I just save them as .jpg directly from MSE, converting them to .pdf using GIMP (after setting the print size) and then printing the PDFs. Is there a better way? The quality is good now, but I’m jut curious if maybe saving them to PNG or something makes a difference.
I save my initial cards in jpg format. It doesn't have the best resolution, but it takes up less space. I save my final cards in png format. I can get a better resolution and make the area outside of the card transparent at the cost of a larger file size.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old October 22nd, 2017, 06:40 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hmm, okay. I’ll have to play around with things. Thanks!
Old October 23rd, 2017, 05:52 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I save them at .png format too.

Also I noticed that a lot of open/save/close in MSE can lower the quality of the images (the image zone on the army cards). I suppose they are stored with a small compression. I noticed it with my main Asset. It included the 300+ army cards (officials + VC) that I translated in French. Thus a file that I probably opened/closed 100+ times. I noticed the loss of quality on the first cards created on the asset (master set 1 ^^).

The best configuration would be to update the army card image just before saving. Then save as .PNG, then direct printing. To be sure about the printing size, convert to .PDF being sure to get no image compression (Photoshop has this option to lower to 200 ppi all the images above this resolution when you generate a pdf for example).
Of course with such method you also get probably the highest file size.
I personally have the storage space so I don't matter. ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 09:27 AM

Might have to start saving them as PNG then. I wonder how big of a difference it really makes.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Might have to start saving them as PNG then. I wonder how big of a difference it really makes.
The biggest difference I would think would be the cards with lots of text. Smaller font sizes end up easier to read when coming from PNG than from JPG.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 02:37 PM

The transparent background possible with PNGs can let you squeeze a 3rd card on an 8.5x11 piece of paper.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old October 23rd, 2017, 02:48 PM

That’s true. I also found that the SOTM style card has more space for text and better readability.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

For readability and text space, I prefer Dungeon High resolution style. The better resolution helps a lot to read the text. And with the original layout (it is not really optimized and changing the layout mask you can add even more text !) it has almost the same space for the special power text than SotM style.

A huge difference from .PNG and .JPG is that the first one is loss-less. With the second one, if you open the image out-of-MSE for some editing and save it again, you will lose some quality (generally, default settings lose around 5-10% of the information : it's a 90% compression). And each time you do this you will lose some quality again. You can easily experiment this with paint and a simple image (bicolor at least), and save/open it 4-5 times.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software