Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:04 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Game stores

I was at one of the local game stores today (Game Towne, down in Old Town in San Diego), and was surprised to find that they had a HeroScape master set and a half dozen of the blister packs from several different release waves. Asking the proprietor about it, he said that they'd gotten enough people asking for it that they started carrying the HeroScape line, pricing them to match TRU/Target/Wal-Mart, and that so far, they'd been moving them fast enough that they were continuing to stock them.

So not all game stores are avoiding HeroScape because they can't compete with the big chains...
Old September 2nd, 2006, 06:46 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
That is great news. Thanks for sharing it!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 07:07 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
If the lackluster ordering and stocking at Wal-Mart and TRU is allowing the game stores to make money stocking HeroScape, then it may turn out to be good for spreading the game wider as an alternative to the pewter-miniature games, keeping the demand up and encouraging Hasbro to widen their distribution.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 08:01 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The only thing that will kill the B&M game stores from sales is the usual massive mark up they put on HS. If they can get the product on the shelves and price it competitively, they should make up in volume what they would have gotten selling that one MS in 1/10th the time. This also garners them more foot traffic. Now, if only game stores could be managed by someone other than the ex-D&D fanatic more interested in his +3 Horn of Wallowing than satisfying his customers ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 08:14 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
The only thing that will kill the B&M game stores from sales is the usual massive mark up they put on HS. If they can get the product on the shelves and price it competitively, they should make up in volume what they would have gotten selling that one MS in 1/10th the time. This also garners them more foot traffic. Now, if only game stores could be managed by someone other than the ex-D&D fanatic more interested in his +3 Horn of Wallowing than satisfying his customers ...

Old September 5th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
+3 Horn of Wallowing

Old September 7th, 2006, 01:09 PM

pashadowops Woo who?
+3 Horn of Wallowing....Jeez take it easy.

I've been playing D&D for over 25 years however I'm not a fanatic. I play it like I would play Monopoly...it's just a game.

Now as for gaming stores carrying HS, I wouldn't count on too many of them doing that simply for the reasons mentioned above. The store owners have there head stuck too far up their.....(well you know) to know whats good for business. I've spoken to a few and they never heard of Heroscape. Even when I describe it to them and how it may improve traffic, they prefer to stay with the tried and true FRPG and CTG's. You kinda can't fault them for that but they could be a little more open minded. IMO.

Where does the time go? I got a lot of catching up to do! How many more expansions and a new master set...Jeez!
Old September 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Two stores I frequent here in L.A. county have HS boosters for sale. Sadly, the $14.99 price tag on them at both stores have them sitting on the shelves ever since they were put out. I buy plenty of other product from them, but can't get around the $5 difference to be had at larger stores.
Old September 7th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
That is what I was talking about! The Game Store owners just don't understand basic economics. They would rather invest money in what they effectively turn into a "Shelf Display" by demanding a 50% return in investment and then go so far as to state they won't carry HS in the future because it just does not sell. Rather than realistically making a 15 to 20% profit with a quick turnaround on invested monies. You wonder why Game/Comic shops go out of business with such frequency?!?

Old September 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
+3 Horn of Wallowing

My sig says it all.
Old September 7th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
+3 Horn of Wallowing

My sig says it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour sig line
Phangz is hella funny.
Of course, there is only one member on this entire site, perhaps even the entire world wide web that will actually understand that reference ... me!

Old September 7th, 2006, 06:24 PM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart
Malechi has it right. I went to my local store and they had HS but the Large Heros pack which sells for $20 at Wally world was $31 there. They have done no promoting of it, and wonder why it has dust on it.

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News