Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old March 29th, 2018, 10:11 AM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: SIEGE's AotP Converted Customs

The great part about SIEGE's custom conversions is that you can play them without having spells regardless of whether we find the right way to implement them. With that said I still plan on working out how to implement them in way that still works with the classic Heroscape figures. For me spells add a unique twist and additional layer of strategy to game play. I have played a number of games with the spell card implementation that C3G has developed. It's really fun and provides additional thought processes to your play style in those games. Based off my initial thoughts the AoTP spell cards as they stand in their original form will not work. They will need to be modified to keep with the Heroscape theme, but also to keep classic Heroscape figures playable. As I come up with my thoughts on modifying the spell cards and the mechanics of implementing them I will share with you all.
Old March 29th, 2018, 10:15 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
The great part about SIEGE's custom conversions is that you can play them without having spells regardless of whether we find the right way to implement them. With that said I still plan on working out how to implement them in way that still works with the classic Heroscape figures. For me spells add a unique twist and additional layer of strategy to game play. I have played a number of games with the spell card implementation that C3G has developed. It's really fun and provides additional thought processes to your play style in those games. Based off my initial thoughts the AoTP spell cards as they stand in their original form will not work. They will need to be modified to keep with the Heroscape theme, but also to keep classic Heroscape figures playable. As I come up with my thoughts on modifying the spell cards and the mechanics of implementing them I will share with you all.
My thoughts on it is to almost add AotP to the game. As in when some card says draw a card you draw a card for your planeswalker. If a card says to make your opponent discard a card you now target one of their planeswalkers with cards. I would say it should add an extra layer to the game only if planeswalkers are being used.

I have gotten all the pieces of the game now but am hosting a tournament this weekend and will be busy for a little while. That being said when I do have time I'll take a look at the cards. It seems just some keywords need to be changed to target planeswalkers and change other targets. Some cards might not be able to be added but we will see.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old March 29th, 2018, 12:27 PM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasantDave View Post
I just wanted to weigh in that the appealing part of this mod was dropping the spells entirely. Since several other blender projects are already using them. I trust the custom work of everyone in here though, since you all have more experience than me!
You know what you have a very valid point. The purpose of this was to convert these figures into Heroscape customs. Heroscape doesn't use spells. That would make our work much simpler. I think not including spells is a good idea.

Another idea I had because I finally am receiving my sets is can we make the cards the same size as the original AotP cards? It would still be able to be included and they have all the same information it'll just get confusing for me having two cards for the same figures. These new cards can be attached to the original cards on the back because there is no information on the back. Just a thought.
I agree that that is a great point. As I was thinking about how to incorporate spell cards, I realized that it creates an issue of how to address the abilities I changed to remove the dependence on spell cards (like Jace's Focused Thoughts ability). I changed them to remove that dependence, but if spell cards are added back in, then it's questionable as to whether the abilities should be changed or not. If I did anything with spell cards, it would have to be an optional rule.

Having one card per figure with HS on one side and AotP on the other would be handy. If someone creates AotP templates for Magic Set Editor, then I could make AotP style cards. Without the templates, it would be a lot of manual work to create them. One minor problem is that Arlinn Kord / Arlinn and the Kessig Rangers / Kessig Ravagers are front and back already, so those cards would need to be separate still.
Old March 29th, 2018, 12:39 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEGE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasantDave View Post
I just wanted to weigh in that the appealing part of this mod was dropping the spells entirely. Since several other blender projects are already using them. I trust the custom work of everyone in here though, since you all have more experience than me!
You know what you have a very valid point. The purpose of this was to convert these figures into Heroscape customs. Heroscape doesn't use spells. That would make our work much simpler. I think not including spells is a good idea.

Another idea I had because I finally am receiving my sets is can we make the cards the same size as the original AotP cards? It would still be able to be included and they have all the same information it'll just get confusing for me having two cards for the same figures. These new cards can be attached to the original cards on the back because there is no information on the back. Just a thought.
I agree that that is a great point. As I was thinking about how to incorporate spell cards, I realized that it creates an issue of how to address the abilities I changed to remove the dependence on spell cards (like Jace's Focused Thoughts ability). I changed them to remove that dependence, but if spell cards are added back in, then it's questionable as to whether the abilities should be changed or not. If I did anything with spell cards, it would have to be an optional rule.

Having one card per figure with HS on one side and AotP on the other would be handy. If someone creates AotP templates for Magic Set Editor, then I could make AotP style cards. Without the templates, it would be a lot of manual work to create them. One minor problem is that Arlinn Kord / Arlinn and the Kessig Rangers / Kessig Ravagers are front and back already, so those cards would need to be separate still.
Optional rule? All for it. The flipped cards can be separate thats ok it'll make most of them easy at least. How do you make this template? I have a great scanner at work do I need to scan in a card then edit in photoshop? I have photoshop at work but don't know how to use it.

Old March 29th, 2018, 10:16 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

I am not proficient with MSE, but am somewhat proficient with GIMP. I am working on some templates for the spell cards that would be in the GIMP .xcf file format with multiple layers. Naturally, these templates would be in the form of Jandar, Einar, Ullar, Vydar, Utgar, Aquilla, and Valkril. Once I get the templates done I will post them and then begin to modify them. It's going to take some time developing the templates. A key thing that will need to be decided on is which spell/enchantment cards go to which general faction. The cards have previously been scanned and posted here:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=51965

They are a little grainy, but useable for the images on them. If you want to provide HD scans that would be better, but that is a lot of work.
Old March 30th, 2018, 08:03 AM

I can provide HD scans but if they are not needed yet I will save my time and scan the classic HS cards I was scanning already. It's not too much work for me each scan takes but a couple of seconds. But if there are scans we can already use for now we can use those but for the final product HD scans. We still need to select the color of each spell (I suggest just matching the planeswalkers colors, Jace gets his spells, etc) and the scans that are done seem sufficient enough to do the task at hand but like I said for the final product I can scan those.

Old March 30th, 2018, 10:37 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Hasbro has scans of the Base set and the Zendikar set on their website. Unfotunately, I have not located the Innistrad cards there.
Old March 30th, 2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
Hasbro has scans of the Base set and the Zendikar set on their website. Unfotunately, I have not located the Innistrad cards there.
Downlaoded and saved. Worse case this just means I have much less to scan. Easy! They look like a good quality as well. Thanks for the find!

Old June 21st, 2018, 03:41 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

So how is everyone keeping track of wounds on the multi life squads, like the Lantern Geists with a life of 4? Putting wound markers on the figure bases?

Old June 21st, 2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
So how is everyone keeping track of wounds on the multi life squads, like the Lantern Geists with a life of 4? Putting wound markers on the figure bases?
The only way to do it effectively. You could put colored stickers on the cards and bases but that takes more effort.

Old July 21st, 2021, 10:33 AM

I know this is an old thread, but recently my son and I have pulled Heroscape and AoTP back out. Based on past playing with @SIEGE AoTP customs card conversions its been a lot of fun, but three items continue to trouble me. First is the multiple life of squads. Although I truly like having squads with multiple lives it has caused them to be unbalanced for the Heroscape standard game play and also causes my son, friends, and me to always choose them over a 1 life squad. The second aspect has been the dialogue about including some sort of spell mechanic since there are all of these incredible spells from AoTP that would just not be incorporated playing these custom conversions in a Hersoscape standard game. The third item is the inflated Life Stat on Planeswalkers and Heroes. Due to this I have been updating @SIEGE custom card conversions reducing the squad Life Stat to 1. In order to do this I need to adjust some of the various cards abilities that impact the 1 Life Stat and also adjust Point Value Stats on these cards. For the spells my solution on this is to add 1 additional ability for each of the Planeswalkers pertaining to a spell of their mana type. For the inflated Life Stat based on standard Life Stats for Heroscape Heroes I am making adjustments to those Life Stats along with adjusting Point Value Stats to make them more balanced compared to Heroscape Heroes. I am done with all of the cards at this time except the Planeswalkers and should have those done very soon. Can anyone provide me with the best way for me to upload the files.
Old July 21st, 2021, 05:46 PM

I have never used Imagebam before for uploading and sharing files, but hopefully this link works. This link has all of my updated AotP Custom Card Conversion for the squads, heroes, and Liliana Vess. The rest of the Planeswalkers should be done by the end of this week. Enjoy and if you have any comments please let me know. When you access the link you can arrow side to side to see each of the cards.

ARLINN

ARLINN KORD

AVACYN

AVACYNIAN INQUISITORS

BLAZING FIRECATS

BLIGHTED REAVERS

BLOODLINE NOBLES

CHANDRA NALAAR

ELDRAZI RUINER

ELDRAZI SCIONS

ELF RANGERS

FLAMEWING PHOENIXES

GHOUL VANGUARD

GHOUL VANGUARD ZOMBIES

GIDEON JURA

GOBLIN JAVELINEERS

ILLUSIONARY PROJECTIONS

JACE BELEREN INVESTIGATOR

JACE BELEREN MINDMAGE

KESSIG RANGERS

KESSIG RAVAGERS

KIORA

KOR AERONAUT CAPTAIN

KOR HOOKMASTERS

LANTERN GEISTS

LEYLINE PHANTOMS

LILIANA VESS

MAD PROPHET

MALAKIR BLOODCHASERS

MERFOLK ROILMAGE

NAHIRI

NERCO-ALCHEMIST

NISSA REVANE

OB NIXILIS

PATH WARDENS

PUMMELROOT ELEMENTALS

RESTLESS ZOMBIES

RHOX VETERANS

SKIRSDAG CULTISTS

SORIN MARKOV

Last edited by gatormustang; August 18th, 2022 at 03:05 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender