Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old August 8th, 2016, 03:45 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Making the RotV figures into Planeswalker heroes and squ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
Thanks for catching that. I guess I am in too much of a hurry, I need to take my time.

I have updated it and re-posted it, I think It's right now.

By the way, I realized that Nahiri could have both Avacyn and Mimring in an army and still have room for the Flamewings. That might be an interesting way to gauge the relative values of the two figures, although having 3 flying squads to summon could by itself be pretty interesting.
Great, thank you!

And yeah, I'm looking to test Nahiri because she has some good White Hero spells available. Adding Avacyn could be pretty interesting!

Old August 9th, 2016, 11:18 AM

Hey Guys, I was inspired to run a play-test and got a little crazy writing up my report with pictures, etc. Details here.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=4462

Mimring plays pretty much the same .. great potential for tons of damage while retaining that 'glass jaw' against multiple attacks. Height advantage with Fireline is great! Good boosts from Stoke the Flames and Senseless Rage .. never pulled off a Chaplain's Blessing to heal and then get a +1P counter. Found out that Infernal Plunge doesn't work for Mimring (only small/medium).

Learned a lot in this one play-test. First off, I need to get better at picking my spells. First time that I constructed my own decks! Second, from a play-test perspective - I was certainly more detailed here than needed - but maybe in addition to a custom we are also looking for spell-combos that might 'break' a custom. I played against Blue which has unsummon and counter-spell tech, so a few combos were possible but halted. Third - AotP squads with multiple lives are tough. When we make Classic squads into AotP - not sure if we are going to have multiple lives for those customs but to be competitive, it is probably necessary. I can see the Tarns with 3 life for sure!

Probably won't get another test in for a week at least.
Old August 9th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wow, that was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 9th, 2016, 11:49 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Hey Guys, I was inspired to run a play-test and got a little crazy writing up my report with pictures, etc. Details here.
Great report and photos! Thanks!
Old August 9th, 2016, 12:23 PM

Thanks, guys!

Mimring is really fun but I'm not sure he is worth 120-points. Give him a whirl and let me know your thoughts. And don't play against Blue so you can actually have a chance : P
Old August 9th, 2016, 02:16 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

I tried a different situation and used only AotP other than Mimring. Played Black @500 against Red @485 with Chandra and Mimring. One drawback of this match was that 4 Red spells must act on a squad, which Red didn't have (Sieze the Day, Power of Fire, Firebreathing, and Twinflame). However, Black also had 2 spells that could not be used (Killing Wave, Strangling Soot).

I played Scenario 1 right out of the AotP book. Black went first and on the second round gained the center height by summoning both Reavers and Zombies. On the second turn Red summoned Mimring who was able to make a 2-shot Fire Line on a zombie and Liliana. When on Black's turn a zombie moved adjacent to Mimring, Red cast Stoke the Flames to kill the Zombie and release Mimring to move without taking a parting shot.

Mimring Fire Lined a single Reaver on height. Black cast Bone Splinter on Mimring to take him to 1 health. Next Mimring moved are got a 3-enemy Fire Line, wounding Liliana and killing a Zombie.

Black next played Dark Harvest to sacrifice a 2-wound Reaver and Heal Liliana for 3. Black played Corrupt to kill Mimring.

Chandra made an attempt to win by moving to the central height and used her auto wound and double strike to deal 1 wound to Liliana. Black's Reaver next reduced Chandra to 1 life, and Chandra didn't cause enough damage to defeat Liliana. Black won on the next turn.

Mimring got in 2 attacks with more than one Fire Line target, a 2 and a 3. However, he was taken out with out receiving a combat wound. At the end it was Chanrda vs Liliana and 2 Reavers, one of which had 2 wounds. In this particular match Chandra was hampered by her spell deck, since 2 cards of her starting hand only affected friendly Squad creatures.

I'm not a sit back and wait player, I tend to get right to the battle. However, since Red had only 2 figures (Chandra and Mimring) it seemed the only way to protect my PW was to keep Black focused on Mimring. I did pump Mimring +1 Power which helped to offset the -2P that comes from Fire Line use. He seemed OK, certainly not overpowered.

Since there are only the 3 armies at 500 points that can include Mimring, I figured this one was the most likely to be a rout by Black. However, it was not as one-sided as I had feared it might be.
Old August 9th, 2016, 02:30 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice!

Quote:
Old August 9th, 2016, 03:54 PM

Bone Splinters! Ouch!! That sounds rough for Mimring.

The point that some spells simply don't work for Heroes is part of problem with the base set. There are some good cross-over spells in expansions but not many.

Most of the Heroes are around 100-points. The Necro-Alchemist is 125-points with 7-Life, 3-Power, 5-Range. He can boost to 5-Power with charge markers. He doesn't fly so that advantage goes to Mimring for comparisons, but the Kor Aeronaut has 6-Move with flying, 6-Life with 6-Power at 100-points.

How about bumping Mimring to 6-Life at keeping at 120-points? - since an equivalent Range-8 is solid.
Old August 12th, 2016, 04:22 PM

Hey Guys,
I was thinking about this project and wondering which Generals fit with the different colors. I was thinking of Vydar as Blue with the "tricky" personalities and ranged attacks (or maybe Blue/Black).

Thought I would throw this idea out there for Agent Carr.

AGENT CARR
Blue
Unique Hero
4 Life

Move ......... 5
Range ........ 6
Power ........ 2
Toughness .. 4

70 Points

ELUSIVE ESCAPE
Once per turn, after you play a blue sorcery, you may move Agent Carr 4 spaces.

PHANTOM WALK
Agent Carr can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

SWORD OF RECKONING
If Agent Carr is attacking an adjacent figure, add 4 dice to Agent Carr’s power.

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; August 12th, 2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old August 16th, 2016, 01:31 PM

Those stats look appropriate, though I have no idea what the cost should be. I have no idea what color Agent Carr should be, since I'm not familiar enough with MtG to know what would go where. A part of me feels that if we are making all new cards for the RotV sculpts, the color should be assigned by the powers and the sculpt, rather than worrying about mapping all of one general to one MtG color. In my mind, the fact that Agent Carr was tricky when he was in RotV does not mean that the sculpt has to be tricky in AotP.

I could almost see Carr with his Sword of Reckoning falling into White because of his sculpt.

I'll see if I can run a test with him as Blue with the powers as you've posted.

On Mimring, since I was out of town over the weekend, I have not done any additional testing.
Old August 16th, 2016, 01:50 PM

I like your thoughts about this, Targanth. Let's look at the figure and powers individually and then assign them to a color rather than assigning colors to generals.

Let's also run more tests with Mimring before testing another figure. Now I just need to find some time to test!

Quote:
Old August 16th, 2016, 08:54 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
Those stats look appropriate, though I have no idea what the cost should be. I have no idea what color Agent Carr should be, since I'm not familiar enough with MtG to know what would go where. A part of me feels that if we are making all new cards for the RotV sculpts, the color should be assigned by the powers and the sculpt, rather than worrying about mapping all of one general to one MtG color. In my mind, the fact that Agent Carr was tricky when he was in RotV does not mean that the sculpt has to be tricky in AotP.

I could almost see Carr with his Sword of Reckoning falling into White because of his sculpt.

I'll see if I can run a test with him as Blue with the powers as you've posted.

On Mimring, since I was out of town over the weekend, I have not done any additional testing.
White is the color that immediately came to my mind too for Agent Carr.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender