Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 6th, 2013, 01:15 AM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Reaper Bones Custom Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
So it sounds like getting in on this Kickstarter would be a good way to "invest," since someone like me, who's not interested in painting and such, could resell the big-ticket figures on eBay and more than recoup their investment.
There are no guarantees, obviously, but I would think so. Reaper's stance in the new kickstarter is a smart one in that regard. When asked if any of the "Bones 1" minis would be available through the new kickstarter, their reply was, "No. We have those models available at retail now, and have no need to kickstart them again." That preserves the value for Reaper and FLGS's, and it also happens to preserve eBay values as well.

As a company, Reaper is very savvy financially. For the Bones kickstarters, their goal is basically to make a bunch of new molds to expand their line, but make no real profit on the kickstarter itself. That way they can offer an amazing bargain and attract lots of backers -- and thus more capital for new molds -- and defer actual profit on the new figures until they hit the retail stream. They understand that the expanded line will be available forever, so they are better off being generous in the short term if it means they can expand it faster.

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards