Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:11 AM

Super Platapus is surprisingly tart
Swamp Temple

I recently got a group of friends into playing HeroScape and we are all wanting to play a big dungeon crawl type game. I had some cool ideas on a possible scenario and so decided that this afternoon I would start work on putting it together. I wrote up some story line for it and planned out roughly what I want accomplished in each room. here is what I have come up with so far:
It is eventually going to be a six stage scenario that takes place in an ancient temple deep in the swampy badlands. Here is the story I have for it so far:

The Temple
Word of and ancient temple hidden deep in the swamps that possibly contained a powerful weapon or artifact began to reach the allied generals several months ago. After much deliberation back and forth they decided that this rumor may actually be one to look into. They summoned you to put together a team that would venture into swamps in hopes of discovering the temple. You had dutifully accepted and had assembled some of your most trusted men to go with you. Now after speaking with many of the local tribes on the fringe of the swamp things seem more uncertain than ever. You did however manage to get a semi decent lead from a village elder who told you of an old widow who lived in a hut deep in the swamp and who may have further knowledge of what it is you seek. He gave you directions to her hovel and you and your team set out the next day.
The elder’s directions had not been completely accurate but you eventually found your way to the hut. Then all of a sudden out of the swampy pools marro scouts began to emerge.
The battle had gone fairly well as ambushes go. You managed to save the old widow and as a sign of gratitude she offered to tell you what she knew of the temple. Firstly the temple was real. That was good news. She then told you that it had been sealed long ago by whomever it was that built it and since that day it had remained closed. Whatever it was that was inside was a mystery. She told of inscriptions on each of the temple’s steps that spoke of several challenges within the temple. She had written them down long ago in an effort to solve their riddles but had long since given up on the task.
The first inscription read “He who enters must be quick of wit and sharp of sword, only then shall the puzzle be solved and the stair revealed.”
Second, “The long quiet of the night shall descend upon he who disturbs those who rest”
Third, “He who strays may be lost to those who huger”
Fourth, “The mind must be strong to battle that which it cannot see.”
Fifth, “Fire burns that which has not become stone.”
After reading the inscriptions the widow hands you two small chests with smoothed stones inside. She then directs you to the location of the temple and sends you off with one final word of advice. Beware of snakes.
The old woman was right. You can see the large pillars of the Temple rising out of the surrounding swamp. As you near you find the ancient building covered in moss and surrounded by brackish water. You are ever wary as you slowly make your way through the thick brush and around the stagnant pools of water. The marro’s presence this far into the badlands was unexpected. What were they doing so far from the front? Unless they had come for the same reason you and your companions had, to discover the mystery of this ancient temple and if by any stroke of luck find one of the lost artifacts that had been buried deep inside. Or so the natives’ tale went at least. Though they had been right so far in directing you to widow’s hut and what she told you only served to peak your curiosity of this place.
As you approach the perimeter of the temple the festering stench of the swamp grows stronger. Then much to your dismay, though not entirely unexpected, you see more marro soldiers wandering about the temple. These however are not all just scouts. That they are still outside is a good sign that they have not yet discovered the hidden entrance into the underground labyrinth. Perhaps luck is still by your side.

I also have three proto-type maps built so far and am hoping to finish up the other three soon. I am also working on how many players and what size of armies to use. I'm limited on multiples so I'm thinking of using a spawn system that when the adventurers trigger them will spawn more/previously killed enemies. Let me know what you guys think so far, and any critique or advice on working out army sizes would be much appreciated.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Swamp Temple

This looks pretty cool! Can't wait to see the maps!
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! We don't see many threads in this forum.
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:26 AM

Super Platapus is surprisingly tart

So unfortunately I will be pretty busy this weekend, though I am hoping to at least get pictures of the maps I have worked on posted and possibly some army set ups for the various stages.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios