Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Have you successfully destroyed the Fortress Door?
Yes, but only once. 23 17.42%
Yes, but only 2 to 3 times. 17 12.88%
Yes, multiple times (4+) 16 12.12%
No, have never destroyed the door, but have tried to. 38 28.79%
No, have never destroyed the door, and never bothered to try 17 12.88%
Haven't played a Fortress game yet... 21 15.91%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 12th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
GaryLASQ, that is an amazing way to deal with the door. It must have been hilarious to see it happen.
Old November 12th, 2006, 11:27 AM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
In one game I played with the Castle, my opponent came out of the castle to fight me, and in another game, I had the castle and my opponent didn't even try to take down the castle door.

On a side note, a 400-450 point game doesn't make a good castle game. Although I haven't tried it, I think a 1000 point game would be more fun with a castle seige.

"Be of good courage..."
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:09 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker
I'm curious why don't you guys just keep the door in play and reduce it's life total to 5 or so?
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikkRikk
I'm curious why don't you guys just keep the door in play and reduce it's life total to 5 or so?
For our group, we like playing official rules. But that's just us, I guess.
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:29 AM

777Omega has disabled reputation
I never did, but my brother did destroy my door.

My Wife Says, 'Hi'.
Old November 13th, 2006, 11:19 AM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
I have taken the door down a few times with Q9 surronded by Niktas, since special attacks don't get that extra defense it chips away the door while the Niktas use their smoke for cover. I also took it out with a Deathstalker army once DW7k went boom for 8 damage and then it was a piece of cake to take down.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old November 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I've only played 2 games with the castle; one with the castle on my side and one against the castle. Both times noone did much damage to the door because all the attacking figures got picked off!!!
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:33 PM

WreakLoosE has disabled reputation
for the door use Jotun or a very mad Krug... Crug will need some Ranged Back up and Boom...you got it... You kick down the DOOR AND WAVE THE 4 - 4's with some Nikita Agents or something..

Don't worry, This will only hurt a little. But for you.. I will try to make it hurt worse.
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:18 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
I knocked the door down this weekend. My son who was inside the castle had the 4th Mass and Snipers for his range (~475 point army). I was going all Einar. My army had no range. I had all of the gladiators, samurai, and the FB (~850 point army). There was some cover near the door so I was able to hide melee units and move in the next turn.

I used the gladiators to do most of the damage to the door. With a 6 attack, 4 defense, and 5 life they gladiators do pretty well beating on the door. Crixus' "One shield defense" allows him to stay in there pretty well. (NOTE if I wasn't going for a themed army, I would have taken Kelda and put her behind the cover so I could run back to her everytime Crixus got hurt). As it was, I lost all 3 gladiators and turned to the kuzoke to finish the door off.

Once I finished the door I met up with my son's knights and sentinels. I inflicted some damage before my kuzoke died. By the time I got the next set of samuari to the door, my son had placed a sentinal in the doorway with Concan behind him. I died from the reign of death heaped upon me as I tried to kill the sentinal.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old November 14th, 2006, 06:59 PM

ariealaviator is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
knock down the door

I destroyed the door just once. My army had many ranged units and one
by one i pick off all the ranged defenders. Then in about 4 more turns
DW 9k and mimring finished it. I belive I ended up loosing that battle though.

It's back and stronger than ever. Check out my Einar vs. Utgar Chapter 2
Old November 14th, 2006, 08:05 PM

tim_stl has disabled reputation
did it once with a couple minions, taelord, and a few lucky rolls.

another time i managed to sneak my ninjas in when they were in front of the door, and my son opened it to shoot at them. the first one disappeared and managed to sneak through. another disappeared and stopped in the door space holding it open. all but one died in the next turn, but it was fun.

tim
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:01 PM

jumpman_14 has disabled reputation
Nope I never have.

Second place at TTO 3......feels good (except at school).

What are the Twolves going to do.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion