Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 12th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Thanksgiving Thrash, 11/13/10 Brattleboro VT, Drafting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Quick question about drafting. When we draft do we stop when our 24 hex limit is reached, or when our point limit is reached, or which ever comes first?

For example, somehow there are 500pts of romans in the draft pool. You start drafting them, do you stop at 6x romans? Or can you continue to use the leftover points and draft until you reach the 585pt limit? Either way only 24 romans fit on the map. So are you allowed to overdraft the hex limit in order to get play with a few off the board and get some solid heroes in there too?

The flipside is if someone brings 400pts of rats and 700pts of complimentary figures. (I might be tempted to sit out that game.)

I hope I illustrated my concerns both for and against the issue. Mind you this whole thing is looking at extremes and probably not any real concern at all.
You have to place the figures as you draft them. This means that if you start by drafting six squads of romans and put them all on the board then anything you draft afterwards will not be able to be used (but it's perfectly fair to keep drafting to stop your opponent having them). On the other hand, you could choose to just place 2 of the last squad of Romans on the board and put the other two off to one side (so you cannot use them this game) to leave you two starting hexes for a couple of heroes.

In the second example, surely it'd be OK if the figures were sufficiently complimentary?

Last edited by ollie; November 12th, 2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Sorry, complimentary vs. complementary is one of my pet peeves.
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
In the second example, surely it'd be OK if the figures were sufficiently complimentary?
I gues that depends on ht eplayer using the rats. I shouldn't take more than a second or two to move 2 rats 4 spaces. It's when the game slows to a crawl that it becomes unappealing.
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:56 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Ollie, I Know I'm not scapemage but I think all games end at 4
Old November 12th, 2010, 02:56 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage
Glads are awesome on our scale.

The D3 will not be on the regular prize table.
Why not? I can still take something that I think is better than glads since I don't have any other glads or blasts!
You will definately see how the D3 is given out and i think everyone will like it. However, if I spoil it it might affect how players want to perform in the tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Quick question about drafting. When we draft do we stop when our 24 hex limit is reached, or when our point limit is reached, or which ever comes first?

For example, somehow there are 500pts of romans in the draft pool. You start drafting them, do you stop at 6x romans? Or can you continue to use the leftover points and draft until you reach the 585pt limit? Either way only 24 romans fit on the map. So are you allowed to overdraft the hex limit in order to get play with a few off the board and get some solid heroes in there too?

The flipside is if someone brings 400pts of rats and 700pts of complimentary figures. (I might be tempted to sit out that game.)

I hope I illustrated my concerns both for and against the issue. Mind you this whole thing is looking at extremes and probably not any real concern at all.
You have to place the figures as you draft them. This means that if you start by drafting six squads of romans and put them all on the board then anything you draft afterwards will not be able to be used (but it's perfectly fair to keep drafting to stop your opponent having them). On the other hand, you could choose to just place 2 of the last squad of Romans on the board and put the other two off to one side (so you cannot use them this game) to leave you two starting hexes for a couple of heroes.

Keep drafting until you reach 585 pts. You can most certainly set aside a few common squad figs as you draft them, but then you can't use them at all, even if you have an extra space at the end.
Quote:
Ollie, I Know I'm not scapemage but I think all games end at 4
You are correct. At 4, games end, prizes are chosen, and then we clean up. If you leave at 3 and return before 4, you're safe.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm thinking of bringing 1100 points of filler heroes (maybe a couple unique squads) and hoping to grab some common squaddies from my opponent. Something like this. I'll probably end up with some marro dividers though.

Shurrak
Sharwin
Dan
Iskra
Retchets
Brunak
DW8K
NotNW
Mind Flayer
Troll
Mogrimm
Isamu
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:30 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

What, will d3 be given to the player with the worst record, if so, I'll be getting D3

Is there a lunch or do we eat lunch while we play or do we just not eat?whichever case , I'm fine.

Last edited by Neo; November 12th, 2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: axidental slang
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:23 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
What, will d3 be given to the player with the worst record, if so, I'll be getting D3

Is there a lunch or do we eat lunch while we play or do we just not eat?whichever case , I'm fine.
There is no scheduled lunch. If you wish to eat, bring your own food. You may eat whenever, during games, after games, you can even take a break to eat.

Regarding the D3, it's still secret as to how they'll be given out.

Old November 13th, 2010, 07:11 AM

I'll be heading out in about 40 minutes, hope to see you all there!

Old November 13th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

We're underway!

Well, they're underway. There's an odd number and I pulled the bye.
Old November 13th, 2010, 03:34 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart

Hope you guys are having a good time. I just got back from my day of Paintball and jumped on to see if there were any updates

Old November 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Is a Quadradical

Results!

Bengi: 6-0
Ollie: 5-1
PJ: 5-2
TomCollins: 5-2
Loborocket: 3-1
NYYS: 3-2
Scapemage921: 4-4
Darkmage7a: 2-3
Neo: 2-4
I Like Pi: 2-4
Nathalia: 1-3
IDK: 2-5
Steve: 1-5
SonofLobo: 0-5
Habeo: 1-6

Great event. The drafting format worked a treat. Thanks Scapemage921.
Old November 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM

Your welcome. I'd like to thank everyone for coming, and especially Bengi, Ollie, and Nyys for helping set up. I had a great time!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events