Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 21st, 2007, 12:41 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!
400 point orc army help.

Just put in an order from housemousegames of 1 grut orc set, to base my army. Now, how ever, I cant figure out wich set to buy next if you have a orc army, please help me make my own orc army!
~bravey~

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:43 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
You need swogs with Orc archers so Knights/Swog in wave 2

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:47 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!
how many swogs would work with one sqaud of orc archers?

~bravey~

Need miniatures painted?

Old August 21st, 2007, 01:08 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
You're probably going to need another pack or 3 or gruts to make them useful. You can't build an orc army around one squad of Archer gruts. It just won't be effective.

I'd say get 1 Swog to every set of Orc Archers you have.
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:42 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Also, get the Wave 2 heroes if you haven't already. Krug is fun for the whole family. He, Mimring, and Swog Riders all bond with Arrow gruts.

Here's a fairly simple Arrow Grut army for 400 pts.

Mimring
Krug
2x Arrow Gruts
2x Swog Rider

If you want a melee Orc army, try something like:
Grimnak
Tornak (Wave 1 hero)
And as many blade and heavy gruts (wave 6) as you've got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
You might want to talk to Codeman about orc armies.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Needs Reassurance

hmm, maybe I should make a cheaper army...

~bravey~

Need miniatures painted?

Old August 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM
Needs Reassurance

Im officialy not going to make an orc army! It will cost whay to much money for me to afford

~bravey, ~

Need miniatures painted?

Old August 21st, 2007, 11:24 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
If you want cheaper orcs, I'd suggest hitting HasbroToyShop.com before they sell out. They're currently sold out of the Wave 1 heroes and Romans packs, as well as Wave 5 ninjas & samurai (peculiar, as you can still find those in a lot of stores, plus they're unique), but what they do have from before Wave 5 is $7.99 plus cheaper shipping than HMG. I have nothing against HMG, but they don't seem to be the best place to get small purchases of Wave 1, 2, or 4, as you can get them cheaper at HTS. If you want Heroes of Bleakwoode and Romans, I'm sure they'll restock eventually.

As for an orc army (which won't cost too much), here's one I've built with my current supplies... It's pretty mean, but I don't know how it'd hold up against range-heavy armies or armies with a large, defensive army (in other words, anyone who uses Major Q9):

Grimnak - 120
Krug - 120
Blade Gruts x2 - 80
Arrow Gruts x2 - 80
Total - 400

I also have an idea for an archer army, but I only have one swog rider at the moment; not sure how it would work, but the idea is to bond with as many beasts as possible:

Krug - 120
Mimring - 150
Swog Rider x2 - 50
Arrow Gruts x2 - 80
Total - 400

I haven't tried playing with a swog rider yet, but against knights, snipers, and other general infantry squads they can get pretty mean if you get them on the high ground and procure a glyph. The Swog Rider bonus could make it even nastier! Or make up for a lack of glyph.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion